Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602088 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #1050 on: November 14, 2011, 04:47:16 pm »

Figured I would take a quick peek at what mods came out so far.  The main two mods on curse.com is not one but TWO female nudity mods.  My faith in humanity has been reduced even further.

Oh well, at least that system time displaying during loading screens is pretty awesome.  It lets me see that I have been playing the game for entirely too long.  Pretty sad that that's the ONLY mod on there that seems worth a download.

Skyrim nexus seems to have a bigger selection, but I haven't looked at them all yet.  Nowhere near beating the main plot and don't wanna inadvertently spoil myself like I did for the ending to Oblivion.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 14, 2011, 04:50:09 pm »

Figured I would take a quick peek at what mods came out so far.  The main two mods on curse.com is not one but TWO female nudity mods.  My faith in humanity has been reduced even further.

Oh well, at least that system time displaying during loading screens is pretty awesome.  It lets me see that I have been playing the game for entirely too long.  Pretty sad that that's the ONLY mod on there that seems worth a download.

Skyrim nexus seems to have a bigger selection, but I haven't looked at them all yet.  Nowhere near beating the main plot and don't wanna inadvertently spoil myself like I did for the ending to Oblivion.
Eh, so far only texture mods. Which is mainly either nude mods, or making characters skin less dirty.

I'm a Nord damnit! I want new weapons to bash on skulls of my enemies!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 14, 2011, 04:50:36 pm »

Awesome game, I love it, even the absurd physics that send you into space when struck by a club... actually, especially that. I also appreciate that the leveling mechanics aren't skewed towards "you level, you die violently" like a number of previous games.

...But the interface is a bit clunky on computers... and I wish games like The Elder Scrolls would stop reducing their number of spells from game to game... :-\
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1053 on: November 14, 2011, 04:52:45 pm »

well there is the aracnophobic mod.
instead of spiders you get big bears crawling down from the ceiling.
THEY ARE EVERYWHERE RUN FOR YOUR LIFES!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 14, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »

The moment the toolkit comes out I'm sure somebody is going to make fun of those by making spiderbears.   8 legged bears that spit moss at you (theres a mod that replaces spider webs with moss too)

It would be awesome.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 14, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »

I saw a Mudcrab the other day.

I don't want any trouble, bro.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 14, 2011, 05:26:14 pm »

Is there a house in each city?
The houses are pretty much in the big cities. So there's the one in Whiterun of course then there's Riften, Markarth, Windhelm, and Solitude. Beyond that I know the College in Winterhold Provides you a small room when you join.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1057 on: November 14, 2011, 05:26:56 pm »

I saw a Mudcrab the other day.

I don't want any trouble, bro.

So I looked at that link, and by the time I was done, said "hey I should post this in the skyrim thread" while forgetting I got it from the thread to begin with. Yep.

Also that's awesome.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1058 on: November 14, 2011, 05:32:52 pm »

found a trolling of oblivion adoring fan.
inside skyrim.
inside a book.
inside a cicero diary.
you got it? here's the spoiler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 14, 2011, 05:33:35 pm »

Ok that was hilarious.  I didn't even see the little guy til he started walking off.  Don't worry little mudcrab, your family will eat for years off of that meal.

In other news I took a potshot at a bird, expecting it to be background.  Not only did I actually somehow hit it (I'm a terrible shot on anything moving) but it actually tumbled out of the sky as a corpse. 

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 14, 2011, 05:47:47 pm »

I'm trying to find the video where a giant hits a home run on a cave bear and the corpse clears the mountain. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 14, 2011, 06:08:16 pm »

I'm trying to find the video where a giant hits a home run on a cave bear and the corpse clears the mountain. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

A giant did that to my argonian when I wandered too near. Was Fun.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 14, 2011, 06:12:42 pm »

Just got it, downloading now.

This is a fresh start, my brother got the strategy guide for Oblivion and I basically destroyed the game for myself.
Shoes...

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 14, 2011, 06:19:19 pm »

Can't wait for another 2 months or so when I can play this thing with some balance mods. At this point it's nearly impossible to play any sort of pure mage  character. It seems to be set up for all chars to be a 'jack-of-all-trades' type player. And the perks are terrible. After I get tired of Terraria 1.1 then I'll come back to Skyrim and hopefully by then the community will have fixed it like they have fixed every other Bethesda game...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1064 on: November 14, 2011, 06:29:19 pm »

Can't wait for another 2 months or so when I can play this thing with some balance mods. At this point it's nearly impossible to play any sort of pure mage  character. It seems to be set up for all chars to be a 'jack-of-all-trades' type player. And the perks are terrible. After I get tired of Terraria 1.1 then I'll come back to Skyrim and hopefully by then the community will have fixed it like they have fixed every other Bethesda game...
What trouble are you having as a mage? I'm playing 99% mage and have done just fine.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 896