Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601159 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10155 on: January 24, 2014, 11:08:31 am »

i seriously can't play that or Tundra Warfare, my OCD for smooth stuff kicks in badly :P
That's not what OCD is.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: January 24, 2014, 11:12:44 am »

Also, it's worth noting that any mod which only contains files in a Data folder (and subfolders) can usually be drag-and-drop installed by just putting those inside Skyrim's Data folder and then switching on the relevant files in the load order manager that Skyrim's launcher comes with, if you really hate NMM for some reason.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: January 24, 2014, 01:08:14 pm »

i seriously can't play that or Tundra Warfare, my OCD for smooth stuff kicks in badly :P
That's not what OCD is.
You kidding me, i spent hours building a seamless platform to keep my base leveled, then a npc falled into a invisible crack and i was pissed. won't touch that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: January 24, 2014, 01:37:18 pm »

NMM has the disadvantage of having to hit the download of most mods multiple times before they download, and you can only download one at a time. At least, if you don't pay.
This is completely false.

The buttons work and you can download as many files as you want.

For free.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: January 24, 2014, 01:39:28 pm »

Huh.
Last time I used it trying to download multiple things at once just caused them all to fail :/
Maybe the servers were having a bad day or something.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: January 24, 2014, 02:10:05 pm »

Their servers suck compared to Gamespy's

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: January 24, 2014, 02:18:23 pm »

Their servers suck compared to Gamespy's

Soooooooo 2007.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: January 24, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »

I don't know shit about Gamespy but it's probably true, if only because they typically have one or two servers that are completely dead, yet still available. They have no active users, so NMM always tries to use them first, so you have to wait a while for it to skip down to the correct one after trying and failing 5 times on the busted ones. I'm reasonably confident that there's an option somewhere to manually disable particular servers, but I have no idea where or how to use it. That's one of exactly 3 problems I have with NMM (the other two being "Why do I need to log in?" and "Stop creating impossible-to-resolve window priority bugs").
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: January 24, 2014, 02:27:15 pm »

All of Gamespy's servers are dead because Gamespy announced they were shutting down a year ago.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10164 on: January 24, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »

It is a funny joke.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: January 24, 2014, 02:45:43 pm »

I, uh. I was just testing you. Yes, that's it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: January 24, 2014, 03:17:52 pm »

I use mod organizer http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer more pain in the ass than NMM but i can select server preferences.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: January 24, 2014, 04:46:33 pm »

I use mod organizer http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer more pain in the ass than NMM but i can select server preferences.
'Tis also handier for handling multiple saves with different modlists and avoids clutter in the Data folder. PITA to use for modders though. Better to keep a separate install for that.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: January 24, 2014, 06:06:44 pm »

'Tis also handier for handling multiple saves with different modlists and avoids clutter in the Data folder. PITA to use for modders though. Better to keep a separate install for that.
Oh i absolutely love it for modding, i mean Folder Loading Lists!?!? that sold me. Now i didn't have to worry about my mods overwriting important stuff from each other.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: January 26, 2014, 11:14:52 pm »

So are there any mods that take the dragon riding from Dragonborn and....unsuckify it? :P

I mean as-is that shits just BAD.
Hell about half of Dragonborn seems to have been Bethesda trolling their fanbase.
I mean RIEKLING SPEARS?? WTF Bethy? You used to be real cool to your fans, now you shove our hopes in our faces while kicking us in the stomach.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 896