Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1443791 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5070 on: January 04, 2014, 06:49:09 am »

<...>
I agree, the gm-editor should be talked about more. I'm still experimenting, and it does cause a lot of crashes, but it's really helpful sometimes - the uses for someone who actually knows and understands the thing...
Assuming that the gm-editor edits game files in the same way dfhack does, does that mean, whatever the gm-editor can do, can have a dfhack script written for it?

Also Putnam, you say there is an easy fix for the spawned units not being historical figures, how would I go about that, or is it something you would have to work on?
(I know you have a version of the plugin, but I'm not sure what 'forks' are being essentially coding illiterate...)
1) yes, but reverse is not true (anything that you can do with dfhack script can't be done in gm-editor- example vmethod calls, or any function calls)
2)there is a fix, but not easy and will probably not work in adventure mode. Also it has chance to corrupt your saves :)

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: January 04, 2014, 05:41:46 pm »

I've been searching around for something like the old "dfstatus" which opened a new window and listed metal and food stocks among other things. I've had no luck at all. Has anyone seen or come up with something like this lately?

Doktoro Reichard

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic formerly known as Escaped
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: January 05, 2014, 09:49:51 pm »

I think I discovered (by discovered I mean things that aren't labeled yet or if they are, they aren't quite informative labels) some things about gm-editor. Being this the topic about dfhack it seems fit to place it here.

1. The !!Fire!! status seems to be a body.wound item. Didn't look much into this.
2. The amount of blood bled out by a dwarf is defined in body.components.body_layer_378 . There seems to be some sort of threshold (possibly body.blood_count) into which a part starts to bleed, as not all values are reflected in the body.wound item.
3. Melted body parts are defined in body.components.body_part_status where, for every melted body part, the 15 and 16 flags are defined as true.
4. Wounds seem to be calculated based on what exists in body.components
5. As I have yet to completely treat the dwarf in question, as he keeps bleeding (the values resurface as soon as I get out of pause) it seems values are also being stored elsewhere.

I am trying to save a dwarf from the effects of stupidity, hence the discovery, by comparison with healthy dwarves. Would need to look into this, but it seems to be accurate.
I have to write something... well here goes:
"A dwarf isn't a dwarf unless he dies the most !!FUN!! of ways", Quote unknown, possibly Armok.

Doktoro Reichard is quite pleased with making a Great Carbonite Trap

Why shouldn't you write with a broken pencil? Because it's pointless!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: January 05, 2014, 10:04:59 pm »

This is all in r4.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: January 06, 2014, 02:14:51 am »

I've been searching around for something like the old "dfstatus" which opened a new window and listed metal and food stocks among other things. I've had no luck at all. Has anyone seen or come up with something like this lately?

You may have seen this already - the author has just found the old source code again, and is planning to update it.  http://redd.it/1ugmqv
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: January 07, 2014, 08:07:55 pm »

What's the command to load all plugins? If I type load all this doesn't seem to work.
Feeling down? Click Here!

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
workflow script?
« Reply #5076 on: January 07, 2014, 10:05:30 pm »

Is there a way you can "run" a file that has all your workflow commands in it?

If you put them in the init file it won't process them because the world isn't loaded when it executes, and I can't seem to use cut-n-paste to transfer them into the dfhack console (linux-specific problem?).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: January 07, 2014, 10:17:47 pm »

I believe a batch file that runs dfhack-run followed by commands is what you're looking for.

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: January 07, 2014, 10:36:18 pm »

I believe a batch file that runs dfhack-run followed by commands is what you're looking for.
Works great - thanks!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: January 08, 2014, 04:43:20 pm »

I'm working on writing many new spells (over 150 so far) to include in my mod, and was wondering if some different things were possible using DFHack.

The first is a mass movement/teleportation type command that could move all creatures within a specific radius to a given location (e.g. a Cyclone spell that moves all creatures caught in the cyclone to the center, maybe even up a z level or two)

The second is being able to spawn magma/water in a radius at a specific location. I know there is the liquids gui, but I didn't see a liquids command line script in the hack folder. (e.g a Volcano spell that creates magma)

The third is having time limits on certain scripts, like an item created with createitem or a creature spawned with spawn, only lasting for x number of seconds. (Side question, is it possible to change createitem so that instead of being created at the feet of the creature they are equipped with it?)

The last is using the tiletypes paint option to make walls out of a special materials (e.g. Wall of Fire spell)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: January 08, 2014, 04:47:08 pm »

I made a version of spawn with a disappear time, but I forgot where exactly. I think it's in Fortbent.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: January 08, 2014, 04:57:08 pm »

I'm working on writing many new spells (over 150 so far) to include in my mod, and was wondering if some different things were possible using DFHack.

The first is a mass movement/teleportation type command that could move all creatures within a specific radius to a given location (e.g. a Cyclone spell that moves all creatures caught in the cyclone to the center, maybe even up a z level or two)

The second is being able to spawn magma/water in a radius at a specific location. I know there is the liquids gui, but I didn't see a liquids command line script in the hack folder. (e.g a Volcano spell that creates magma)

The third is having time limits on certain scripts, like an item created with createitem or a creature spawned with spawn, only lasting for x number of seconds. (Side question, is it possible to change createitem so that instead of being created at the feet of the creature they are equipped with it?)

The last is using the tiletypes paint option to make walls out of a special materials (e.g. Wall of Fire spell)
1. two ways possible: simple move (boring), making them projectiles, aka throwing them (that should be fun)
2. possible, quite easy
3. possible, a bit complicated (even without changing, just create and then equip)
4. possible but will be buggy and will not work as you think. There will be a "wall of fire" material walls (or veins, depending on implementation) but they will be non-active and non passible. Though drawing flows somehow maybe would work as wanted (although i'm not sure how to make them not grow)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: January 09, 2014, 12:41:16 pm »

1. two ways possible: simple move (boring), making them projectiles, aka throwing them (that should be fun)
2. possible, quite easy
3. possible, a bit complicated (even without changing, just create and then equip)
4. possible but will be buggy and will not work as you think. There will be a "wall of fire" material walls (or veins, depending on implementation) but they will be non-active and non passible. Though drawing flows somehow maybe would work as wanted (although i'm not sure how to make them not grow)

1. Would making them projectiles really be possible? That would open a whole new set of spell possibilities.
2. I'll look over the liquids-gui and see what I can make of it, there used to be a command line script in the early days, is that still around somewhere?
3. Hmm, I have seen a force equip script before (I think one was made for when a creature transforms so they automatically re-equip everything). And I will look through your stuff Putnam and see if I can find it.
4. That's to bad. I really would like to include wall spells, but I don't really have a good idea of how to implement them. If anyone has any thoughts I am open to ideas.

I know I have said this before, but I REALLY need to learn DFHack, right now I am reliant on all of you. Any tips on how to get started? Right now I am just looking over all the different scripts that have been written, but it's not really sinking in.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: January 09, 2014, 12:53:59 pm »

1. i could type it out (need that for one of my own things) also some testing needed to make sure how this would work
2. no, this probably would need to be coded from 0, but that is not much stuff
3. yeah it might work

The biggest drawback that i can't understand that system that everyone i using (with raw hacking). That needs a lot of boilerplate to get working.
As for learning dfhack, yes looking over scripts with this: open might be fastest way to learn. Unfortunately there is no guide for df types/structures. To explore those you need to look over xmls at here and/or look over generated header files/project if you are using MSVC and/or try exploring with "gui/gm-editor df.global" <- basically a root node in df. (also possible to edit stuff if you have it selected and do 'gui/gm-editor' in dfhack in general)

Socharis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: January 09, 2014, 02:00:13 pm »

Looking at trying my hand with LUA and trying to do something better with Adventure Mode inventory management.  Is there anything in DFHack that can bootstrap me into getting a list of the adventurer's inventory?
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 373