Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1442129 times)

erekwednar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3405 on: March 24, 2013, 08:25:39 am »

TEXT mode:
I can't seem to get any plugin that needs to be aware of the UI to work, they all throw up the message about the context they need to be in.  Dwarf manipulator, search, and automaterial all do seem to work however.  I'm playing in a screen session, on an old install of Debian 64

edit:
nevermind, solved it, had killed previous instances of dfhack by killing the screen window and was connecting to one of them with dfhack-run instead
killing all the spare dwarf-fortress processes fixed
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:40:21 am by erekwednar »

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: March 24, 2013, 08:52:17 am »

trying to use extirpate to clean up some farmland, can't figure out how it works.

have selected a shrub or growing tree with the cursor either through q, v, k or mouse pointer and typed extirpate into dfhack term, no msg and nothing happened to the plant.
tried on several plants. am i doing something wrong?

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: March 24, 2013, 09:09:53 am »

have selected a shrub or growing tree with the cursor either through q, v, k or mouse pointer and typed extirpate into dfhack term, no msg and nothing happened to the plant.

Did you unpause the game after using it? It works just fine but the effect doesn't happen until the game runs again.

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: March 24, 2013, 06:51:08 pm »

ah! no i did not, got used to most features happening either instantly or when refreshing UI.
thanks for the quick reply, will try tonight

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: March 24, 2013, 07:01:22 pm »

Argh. Any way to pass an arg through dfhack.timeout?

EDIT: Arg indeed. Found it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:22:38 pm by Putnam »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: March 24, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »

I suppose that not relying on the shops at all, but just copying the list of wagon stuff into a quick file then sticking it into the inventory of trader's goods once they hit the Depot might be a work-around (to get past the "I can't carry that much" problem).  Make it a workshop reaction using the Depot as a workshop, for instance.  (By the way, I don't know what's possible or impossible, so this is all in "wouldn't this be neat" territory.)

Of course, if your Depot also uploaded a list of items a trader was removing during fort mode and saved the game at the point that they left, that could be used as a departure point for a new adventurer and wagon who would need to bear a copy of that inventory elsewhere.  Might be another nice way to tie the fort and adventure mode systems together.
well first we need to get access to setting up personal shops in adventure mode, which we currently do not have(we could figure out how to get the shop flag on a player site though) the tying up fort mode and adventure mode is already possible with a pound of Role play and a bag of codes, seeing how you could set up a settler band. though to be clear with what I'm saying.
I already did the whole wagon trader script before and could do it again if it wasn't for my goals(for it) is setting up means of trading first, since there nothing special to the wagon since it's a moving chest you hold stuff in. while having a moving chest sounds fun, it's really just a chest.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: March 25, 2013, 12:04:24 am »

trueTransformation:

It works like this: you transform temporarily into some creature. Just after that takes effect, the plugin changes your "base" unit type to be something else. When the transformation wears off, you turn into the other thing.

Example usage:

[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:5]
[CE:CREATURE:BIRD_DUCK:MALE]
[SYN_CLASS:\PERMANENT]
[SYN_CLASS:HUMAN]
[SYN_CLASS:MALE]

Permanently transforms the target into a human male after 5 ticks (or 6, ask a better raw modder). Do NOT apply it to male ducks or it will crash the game.

edit: Will probably also crash the game without START:0. I could fix that if people want it, otherwise I won't bother.

edit2: This is useful because it allows you to transform again from the next form, either with a trueTransformation or a conventional one. Also, it might work better with special abilities. I've gotten weird things before with overlapped transformations and abilities. This should work better, unless the other way also works fine and I just messed it up or misremembered, in which case it'll work equally well.

This doesn't work for me. Is there something else I have to do to enable the plugin? There's a file named trueTransformation.plug.dll sitting in the plugins folder, but when I try to test it nothing happens. I'm using the following reaction:

[INORGANIC:SHIELD_MAGIC]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:RED]
   [STATE_COLOR:GAS:RED]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:shield magic]
   [MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
   [DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:1]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:8250]
   [LIQUID_DENSITY:8020]
   [MELTING_POINT:10050]
   [BOILING_POINT:10051]
   [HEATDAM_POINT:10000]
    MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10070
   [SYNDROME]
      [SYN_CONTACT]
      [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:5]
         [CE:CREATURE:RABBIT:MALE]
         [SYN_CLASS:\PERMANENT]
         [SYN_CLASS:CAT]
         [SYN_CLASS:FEMALE]
The targets turn into rabbits then back into whatever they started as, not cats  >:(. I get no errors or anything else on the terminal, so it looks like the plugin isn't on. Does it not work int arena mode?

______________________________________________________________________________________

Huh. Looks like trueTransform only works in Fortress mode ???. Does this sound accurate?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:58:57 am by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: March 25, 2013, 02:29:30 am »

<...>
Huh. Looks like trueTransform only works in Fortress mode ???. Does this sound accurate?
My guess trueTransform only does not work in arena mode.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:39 am »

<...>
My guess trueTransform only does not work in arena mode.

I had been testing it in adventure mode a little before the fort mode test, and it didn't work. Can't swear I didn't have a faulty syndrome, though.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

RockBiterSon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: March 25, 2013, 04:02:39 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4102163#msg4102163

So if I understand, this creates a three by three tile site meant to be used as a workshop. Once the workshop is created you can retire your adventurer in it? And he'll still be there when you play dwarf mode?
Yes it will be there forever. And yes you can retire there.

Thanks!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: March 25, 2013, 05:52:41 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4102163#msg4102163

So if I understand, this creates a three by three tile site meant to be used as a workshop. Once the workshop is created you can retire your adventurer in it? And he'll still be there when you play dwarf mode?
Yes it will be there forever. And yes you can retire there.

Thanks!
like to note you can't retire at the site if you use a outcast or one of the adventurers who start with no civ.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: March 25, 2013, 07:40:12 am »

trueTransformation does not work in arena mode. I thought I tested it in adventure mode, but I forget.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: March 25, 2013, 11:10:05 am »

How can I track if a hero is ambushed in adventure mode? There's a message popping up, so I am sure there're some noticeable scripts it should be possible to do it...

I want to force "itemsyndrome force" line every time an adventurer is ambusherd. Could someone give me a hand?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: March 25, 2013, 12:42:58 pm »

Is there a way to retire an adventurer to a lair or other already existent but nonstandard site? As a bandit/outcast that could possibly be a kill quest target? I know outsiders can retire in bandit camps and such already, but aren't marked as bandits.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: March 25, 2013, 12:59:00 pm »

How can I check which syndromes already exist on creature?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 373