Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1442082 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3345 on: March 20, 2013, 04:30:04 pm »

read the first post... 

How to install DFHack:
First, get the archive meant for your system. Extract the contents into your DF folder.
On Windows, you're ready to use DFHack. An extra command line window should appear when you run DF.
On Linux, use the 'dfhack' script from a terminal to run DF with DFHack. If you have stonesense problems, you might have to get your own allegro 5 libraries and delete the ones in stonesense/deplibs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: March 20, 2013, 04:34:29 pm »

For those that have made inquiries, I have tested my dwarf-modifying DFHack .lua scripts with r3 and found no issues.

If anyone IS having a problem, please let me know right away.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: March 20, 2013, 04:55:04 pm »

read the first post... 

How to install DFHack:
First, get the archive meant for your system. Extract the contents into your DF folder.
On Windows, you're ready to use DFHack. An extra command line window should appear when you run DF.
On Linux, use the 'dfhack' script from a terminal to run DF with DFHack. If you have stonesense problems, you might have to get your own allegro 5 libraries and delete the ones in stonesense/deplibs.

how does it hook into the main game? does it overrite the .exe or what?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: March 20, 2013, 04:57:49 pm »

It over-writes SDL.dll

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: March 20, 2013, 05:08:22 pm »

It might be taken for granted by anybody who does not use dfhack for the first time, but the line "Extract the contents into your DF folder." in the first post maybe could use some addition like "it will replace SDL.dll so agree if it tries to do so" with some OS specific details (I don't even know how the pop-up screen looks in any Windows versions other than my localized copy and even less for other OSs like Linux or OSX).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:11:59 pm by robertheinrich »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: March 20, 2013, 05:14:51 pm »

The readme walks you through it pretty carefully, including writing over of the SDL, and how to use the init file.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: March 20, 2013, 05:15:43 pm »

It over-writes SDL.dll

ahhh, what IS the SDL.dll anyway?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: March 20, 2013, 05:20:04 pm »

It over-writes SDL.dll

It's an open-source library that DF uses to do its graphics. DFhack replaces it with its own version that, in turn, loads the original.

It might be taken for granted by anybody who does not use dfhack for the first time, but the line "Extract the contents into your DF folder." in the first post maybe could use some addition like "it will replace SDL.dll so agree if it tries to do so" with some OS specific details (I don't even know how the pop-up screen looks in any Windows versions other than my localized copy and even less for other OSs like Linux or OSX).
The os specific details /are/ in the readme.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:22:22 pm by Japa »

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: March 20, 2013, 05:22:50 pm »

It over-writes SDL.dll

It's an open-source library that DF uses to do its graphics. DFhack replaces it with its own version that, in turn, loads the original.

The os specific details /are/ in the readme.

oh now I get it.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: March 20, 2013, 05:43:47 pm »

What the dialog looks like on Linux and OS X is irrelevant, because DFHack hooks in in a different way, that doesn't require replacing libraries :)

On both those OSes, you just copy all the DFHack files into the DF folder, and then launch the "dfhack" script instead of the "df" script.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: March 20, 2013, 05:55:19 pm »

The readme walks you through it pretty carefully, including writing over of the SDL, and how to use the init file.

People tend to ingnore the readme. Don't ask why, they do it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: March 20, 2013, 07:17:27 pm »

I've been browsing shops in my mod and found this:

It's decorated with " ".

Can DFHack show material IDs of item decoration or something? I really must find out what is it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: March 20, 2013, 07:26:16 pm »

Okay, I've found the "changeitem info" command, but it does not show decorations. Can someone tell me what can I use to check them (or could someone write a script for me?). I would be MOST grateful, it could be one of minor things which cause crashes which I can never pin down.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3358 on: March 20, 2013, 07:35:27 pm »

Blank names of materials do not cause crashes. I use several blank entries on purpose, on plants, creatures and inorganics.

Dont know about the script.. nothing in the readme?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:12 pm »

Thankfully, it's a simple-ass script to make.

Code: [Select]
local function getItemImprovements(item)
for _,improvement in ipairs(item.improvements) do
printall(improvement)
end
end

getItemImprovements(dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem())

This will spew a bunch of stuff into the DFHack console when you run it. You'll probably find the relevant info there :V
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 373