Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1442040 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3285 on: March 16, 2013, 06:08:36 pm »

How does the trueTransformation plugin work?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: March 16, 2013, 07:23:03 pm »

Can you give a summary of how to use the spawnunit.lua script Warmist? Entering "spawnunit" in the DFhack command window yields only errors about race_id...I assume other information like creature ID and caste must be inputted, but I haven't the slightest clue on how to do this.

Advice on attaching the script to a custom reaction would also be appreciated.

Thanks Warmist! :)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: March 16, 2013, 07:54:46 pm »

u can already use it) here: ^^v (nobody loves advfort :< )

I think in that post you should start off by describing what advfort does (ie perform fort mode jobs in adventure mode) and the implications of this for the game (being able to build and craft things in adv mode). I would think this is a big deal for adv mode players, but it won't be immediately clear to forum users in that section not familiar with DFHack. They'd see the thread title "advfort" and some technical details, but it doesn't mean anything to them so they move on before realising what they're missing.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: March 16, 2013, 08:01:29 pm »

trueTransformation:

It works like this: you transform temporarily into some creature. Just after that takes effect, the plugin changes your "base" unit type to be something else. When the transformation wears off, you turn into the other thing.

Example usage:

[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:5]
[CE:CREATURE:BIRD_DUCK:MALE]
[SYN_CLASS:\PERMANENT]
[SYN_CLASS:HUMAN]
[SYN_CLASS:MALE]

Permanently transforms the target into a human male after 5 ticks (or 6, ask a better raw modder). Do NOT apply it to male ducks or it will crash the game.

edit: Will probably also crash the game without START:0. I could fix that if people want it, otherwise I won't bother.

edit2: This is useful because it allows you to transform again from the next form, either with a trueTransformation or a conventional one. Also, it might work better with special abilities. I've gotten weird things before with overlapped transformations and abilities. This should work better, unless the other way also works fine and I just messed it up or misremembered, in which case it'll work equally well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:11:49 pm by expwnent »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: March 16, 2013, 10:15:24 pm »

There any guide to the new features? Does Spawnunit.lua even work? How to use advfort?
^^v (nobody loves advfort :< )

I consider it one of the most important things that DFHack has ever ended up allowing. The problem is that... you're really devving it up :V It's too developer-looking. Looks too much like something a developer would use, the way you describe it.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: March 16, 2013, 10:22:41 pm »

I agree. DFHack's tools are inestimably valuable for modders, but most of us are not coders and so it's difficult to implement plugins and scripts that are released without corresponding instructions on how to use them (Both in the command window and in the raws). A post for each plugin/script (Much like expwnent's ones for truetransformation and autosyndromes...much thanks for those!) would go a long way in improving ease-of-access so more modders will take advantage of them.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: March 16, 2013, 10:49:40 pm »

And region-pops, wtf is with that? It asks for "populations tokens," something which does not seem to exist.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: March 17, 2013, 12:01:31 am »

I meant to put a tutorial in the usage string for autoSyndrome. There's a brief description there, but it really isn't enough detail. I'll write something up for the Readme.html that comes with DFHack.

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: March 17, 2013, 12:59:31 am »

plugin suggestion:

when placing buildings like a farm plot, or road, etc, have Shift + U max it out to the max length of 10.  same for Shift + H. 

I know this small tweak would really speed up my game.  I'm also really a fan of Falconne's construction plugin, the box select implementation could be used here too.

Thanks!
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: March 17, 2013, 02:07:03 am »

And region-pops, wtf is with that? It asks for "populations tokens," something which does not seem to exist.

Population token is just a plant or creature token for which a population exists  :P

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: March 17, 2013, 03:17:52 am »

It seems to just mean the creature's name in the raws i.e. BIRD_ROC or whatever.  I used it to raise my jabberer population and I'm currently training an army of war Jabberers :)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: March 17, 2013, 09:10:57 am »

Has anyone been getting error messages that give a file and a line number, especially if related to autoSyndrome? Those shouldn't happen, but I can't fix them if I don't know what's going on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3297 on: March 17, 2013, 09:54:46 am »

@all: Anyone has any idea why siege engine control would not work? I hover over a ballista with 'q', press the hotkey, doesnt trigger...

@expwnent: I have been running dozens of worlds testing different sorts of autosyndrome, no error messages. It either works, or it doesnt. When it does not work, its because I used wrong syntax or was trying something crazy.

And THANK YOU. I will add a new engraving into the mod, that way people end up with statues of expwnent the great, because it works. Running scripts from workshops.  Tests with reveal and die just finished, both work nicely. Will next try scripts with different commands, see what can be used for the mod. :)

EDIT: I wrote an example and posted it here. That way it is not drowned in this thread so quickly. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:51:01 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: March 17, 2013, 01:50:03 pm »

It seems to just mean the creature's name in the raws i.e. BIRD_ROC or whatever.  I used it to raise my jabberer population and I'm currently training an army of war Jabberers :)

That's the thing, I use those and it either says "invalid population token" or "invalid increment factor." And not just for cave creatures with populations of 0, but for any creature. Creature tokens don't work either.

What's the syntax?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: March 17, 2013, 01:50:47 pm »

It says the syntax. Post your syntax.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 373