Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1441826 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2880 on: January 24, 2013, 01:03:33 pm »

Neither was the logic used for displaying "rusty" on-screen.
A brief bit of disassembly diving (and a quick in-game test using DFHack) reveals that skills show as "Rusty" once 'rusty' reaches 50% of the rating and show as "V Rusty" once it reaches 75% of the rating.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: January 24, 2013, 03:20:34 pm »

Context: vanilla df 34.11, dfhack 34.11r2

In the past, I've started out with the normal 7 dwarves, removed ACTIVE_SEASON, let the two migrant waves happen, get to my 20+ dwarves, and everything works great, as expected.  Invasions happen starting in late autumn/early winter.

My current goal is to embark with 21 dwarves, and have the game proceed from that point as though the two hardcoded migrant waves have already happened, right in early Spring. (1st Granite)

So, I've used dfusion to embark with 21 dwarves, set my population cap in d_init and then used fix/population-cap to prevent any more migrations.  I've also turned off liaison visits by removing ACTIVE_SEASON from dwarves in entity_default.txt

Unfortunately, if I do this, there are no invasions.  I've let the game play through for 5 years, and no invasions.  With all other parameters identical, if I let the intial two summer/autumn hardcoded migrant waves happen, invasions work.  If I don't, and use fix/population-cap, they don't work.

Does anyone know: Is there an additional flag that is set after the second migrant wave arrives that I can/should toggle to start the normal invasion schedule?  Or something else I'm missing?

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: January 24, 2013, 05:03:16 pm »

I deactivated autobutcher, most probably due to this bug: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg3758349#msg3758349.
Is there anything else that I can do besides compiling dfhack?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: January 24, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »

I deactivated autobutcher, most probably due to this bug: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg3758349#msg3758349.
Is there anything else that I can do besides compiling dfhack?

If you use the zone plugin from my custom plugins set: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7248 it has the autobutcher problem fixed.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:37 pm »

That's great. I always collect hoards of animals and woulc be lost without it. thanks

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2885 on: January 25, 2013, 03:27:37 am »

Neither was the logic used for displaying "rusty" on-screen.
A brief bit of disassembly diving (and a quick in-game test using DFHack) reveals that skills show as "Rusty" once 'rusty' reaches 50% of the rating and show as "V Rusty" once it reaches 75% of the rating.

Thank you! This works perfectly for "rusty" (skills with rating=0 being ignored), but gives strange results for very rusty - Concentration, Student and Crossbowman in my example picture show ingame as only rusty, but rusty is more than rating*0.75

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2886 on: January 25, 2013, 07:16:09 am »

That's because there's an additional special case (which I forgot to mention) that makes it so "V Rusty" can only appear if the rating is greater than or equal to 4.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2887 on: January 25, 2013, 11:54:35 am »

when i tried to figure out the rusting, i never saw the rust count exceed 6, was this consistent with your testing?

also, any rust counter attempting to exceed 6 resulted in the other counters (demotion, last used) being reset to 0, the 'rusty' or 'v. rusty' descriptor being removed from the display, and the counters would never increase after that.

Evgenijm86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: January 26, 2013, 03:41:22 pm »

Hi, I am new to this game and wanted to have some visualization. So, how do I use stonesense? I tried running latest dfhack-0.34.11-r2-Linux and...

[DFHack]# stonesense
stonesense is not a recognized command.

How do I fix this?

Edit: I missed checking stderr.log file. If anyone have the same problem as I did - you should check it. It turns out I didn't have a 32bit version of libjpeg62 library. Now it works, but you should add better error message in dfhack console.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:50:16 pm by Evgenijm86 »

Triskelli

• Bay Watcher
  • A man of wealth and taste
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: January 30, 2013, 05:24:27 am »

-off topic, moved to suggestions thread-

Trev_lite

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes the forum for its helpful members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: January 30, 2013, 04:34:25 pm »

hello
i'm using the version of dfhack included in http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7207
i says its dfhack 0.34.11 r2 but has many differences from the version included in official dfhack r2 release

i first thought that it was meant dfhack r2 since this was relesed before the official dfhack r2 relese and it calls itself dfhack r2

so is this an old custom version of dfhack r2 or a beta version of dfhack r2.5?

the internal documention for both versions only say that its version r2

some clarification is wanted?

thanks

EDIT: who made this version. was it QUIETUST or thistleknot. the fixes and patches are credited but the version of dfhack isn't?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:00:17 pm by Trev_lite »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: January 30, 2013, 05:01:36 pm »

Hacked this together today, someone may find it useful.

I had the need to see how many Titans & Forgotten beasts had been killed in my fort, since embarkation.
Here is the result:

Spoiler: dead_list.lua (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sample output (click to show/hide)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: January 30, 2013, 05:13:46 pm »

hello
i'm using the version of dfhack included in http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7207
i says its dfhack 0.34.11 r2 but has many differences from the version included in official dfhack r2 release

i first thought that it was meant dfhack r2 since this was relesed before the official dfhack r2 relese and it calls itself dfhack r2

so is this an old custom version of dfhack r2 or a beta version of dfhack r2.5?

the internal documention for both versions only say that its version r2

some clarification is wanted?

thanks
Yes it's a custom build from repository at github. Probably some intermediate version from someones repo. Custom builds are okay, but please refrain from distributing them as they will make everyone confused and be a little patient, r3 is coming soon.

P.s. It's not official stance- i'm just guessing.
Edit: Also that is quite a strange version...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:15:53 pm by Warmist »

Trev_lite

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes the forum for its helpful members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: January 30, 2013, 07:53:53 pm »

OK. i will switch to the official r2 version once i find out how to modifiy it so that it has the bug fixes that i want. i think i just need to copy the "Dwarf fortress.exe" and some of the scripts.

thburns

• Bay Watcher
  • I came, I saw..... It sucked!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: January 31, 2013, 12:35:58 am »

Okay I have accelerated df merged with modest mod. If that matters, but it may.
I now have a legendary hammerdwarf in a mood. I don't normally use a cheat but I have too right now (not losing this fort to a previous dumb mistake I made). Long story short,I need silk. From what I understand changeitem will do it. I put my (k)ursor over a rope reed fiber cloth and went through the Data-Raw file a bit, and tried many combinations,  to change it to silk, to no avail. Me Frustrated >:(
Can someone here please tell me how to changeitem to silk? Preferably the exact thing I need to type.
Thank you in advance.
If only life and parenting were as easy as "Dwarf Fortress"
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 373