Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1439724 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2640 on: December 18, 2012, 02:30:09 am »

More ghost data for DFHack devs:
(see https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.units.xml#L867 )

ghost_goal 4 is "misplace item", and this is typically done by type 2 ghosts (secretive poltergeists)
After the ghost picks up an item, it generates coordinates in unk_pos and then takes the item there, using a semi-random path. unk_pos otherwise appears unused.

ghost_goal 7 is "topple building", and this is typically done by type 3 ghosts (energetic poltergeists)

unk_8 (target_unit), which I previously identified as the target unit, is actually also the spot where the ID of the item being misplaced or the ID of the building being toppled is stored. You need to know the ghost type or goal in order to interpret this value correctly.

unk_14 appears to be a count-up timer, as it is reset to 0 after a ghost has done something, and then increases by 1/tick. Setting it to 403200 initially might be to force the ghost to act soon after spawning. It doesn't necessarily have to go that high again to trigger an action.

unk_1c is 0 when a ghost hasn't been announced yet, and is 1 after a ghost has been announced (and you can play with this to cause the announcements to happen again). It also appears to take the value 3 if a ghost was previously "put to rest" and then brought back by deconstructing its slab/coffin. This is probably flag data.

Previous post in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg3846263#msg3846263

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 18, 2012, 09:57:41 am »

i'd like to request a plugin or script that made armours and weapons wear down with use. i don't know how hard it would be or how reasonable it is to ask.
would anyone be interested?

It is possible but by use do you mean just time or actually when in a fight?

the latter is harder
the latter would be ideal, but i'd be happy with the first

Arano-kai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 20, 2012, 05:03:17 am »

Need some help with keybinding @context statement:
What context I need to use for work only in loo[k] mode?
And what contexts are possible to use at all/Where look for them?
Didn't find any information, except only certain in dfhack.init-example file...

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 20, 2012, 11:10:56 am »

The keybinding command without any arguments prints the current context somewhere near the end of the usage message.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 20, 2012, 03:30:52 pm »

Exactly how do i use the magma source here command? I have saved  and i put it into the script folder in dfhack but it stills says command not recognized.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2646 on: December 20, 2012, 03:53:10 pm »

Could I make a request ?

I do love the hack/raw things introduced, the steamengine and add_spatter. It allows more room for modders, even without the knowledge for C++,ruby or lua.

It would be great if more scripts could be linked by reactions. For example this brilliant new SIREN. Any reaction with "SOUND_SIREN_" in the name would automatically run this script, it would really help the immersion for the player.

Similar things can be done with all sorts of things, I did have a couple of tests in that regard, helped by expwnent, but it was difficult without actually seeing the C++ script behind it. Having some sort of control through keywords in the RAWs is amazing on the other hand.

Another one that I personally would love to see is "ANNOUNCEMENT_reaction-name-here" that will refocus the camera on the workshop, pause the game, and make an announcement in a pop-up box. It would greatly help players running reactions with a low percentage of success. I for example do have plenty of reactions with super-rare items, 2-3% success chance, and it is difficult to notice when you actually succeded in producing the wanted item. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:20:52 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 20, 2012, 04:20:53 pm »

ok it wont work even after i make it workable. i get the line unxpected symbol near $ look a like symbol. is it a problem that i am using masterwork mod? or that my folder is called  masterwork DF on my desktop?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2648 on: December 20, 2012, 04:25:27 pm »

The current version of MasterworkDF is bundled with an old dfhack version, not the new r2. I assume you did not download and installed the new dfhack ?

Other then that, I can assure you, it has nothing to do with the mod.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 20, 2012, 04:40:00 pm »

oh i see thank you. its working now

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2650 on: December 20, 2012, 05:17:24 pm »

No problem.

I do have a question myself. I quote from the readme about steam engines:
After constructing the building itself, machines can be connected to the edge tiles that look like gear boxes. Their exact position is extracted from the workshop raws.

Does this mean that all tiles using gear-box tile-number will be able for connection, and will this mean that I cant change the design of the building much?

To clarify, this is from the building raws:
Code: [Select]
Tile 15 marks places where machines can connect.
Tile 19 marks the hearth (color changed to reflect power).
[TILE:3:1:15:246:15]
[TILE:3:2:'\':19:'/']
[TILE:3:3:7:' ':7]
Color 1:?:1 water indicator, 4:?:1 magma indicator:
[COLOR:3:1:7:0:0:MAT:7:0:0]
[COLOR:3:2:6:0:0:0:0:1:6:0:0]
[COLOR:3:3:1:7:1:0:0:0:4:7:1]

Can I change tile 15 with anything else, and it will still work?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:19:49 pm by Meph »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 20, 2012, 05:39:39 pm »

Could I make a request ?

I do love the hack/raw things introduced, the steamengine and add_spatter. It allows more room for modders, even without the knowledge for C++,ruby or lua.

It would be great if more scripts could be linked by reactions. For example this brilliant new SIREN. Any reaction with "SOUND_SIREN_" in the name would automatically run this script, it would really help the immersion for the player.

Similar things can be done with all sorts of things, I did have a couple of tests in that regard, helped by expwnent, but it was difficult without actually seeing the C++ script behind it. Having some sort of control through keywords in the RAWs is amazing on the other hand.

Another one that I personally would love to see is "ANNOUNCEMENT_reaction-name-here" that will refocus the camera on the workshop, pause the game, and make an announcement in a pop-up box. It would greatly help players running reactions with a low percentage of success. I for example do have plenty of reactions with super-rare items, 2-3% success chance, and it is difficult to notice when you actually succeded in producing the wanted item.
Sort of is in the new (unreleased) version already. You can run scripts on:
  • user selecting workshop with "q"
  • reaction being completed (not sure about low percent thing, i'll test that) - this also allows complex completion requirements (e.g. only if you have statues around, etc...) else it fails the reaction
  • item/unit projectile move/hit
  • item contaminate wound - when item tries to contaminate a wound, great for magical weapons ammo...
The "sort of" of my first sentence means that it's not way easy to use for raws modders (i still call myself a modder...). I could make a script that connects the "on one of those events" to "lua script" but that's the limitation (of existing system), you can't connect to other type of commands (dfhack has 3 types: native (like deramp, etc), lua script and ruby script). Also i'm working on a mod that tries to push dfhack boundaries to see what's possible and i was thinking about something like integrating raw commands (e.g. ">explode 1 4<") but for me it's way easier (and tidier) to do everything out of raws. So i'm not sure what is the best way to do it.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: December 20, 2012, 05:42:06 pm »

yay - got a forum-formatted textscreen exporter script

behold the results:

Spoiler: dwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: item (click to show/hide)

and yes, the colors are added by the script, which is convenient - working on getting a version that cycles through the unit list, possibly some options to only export certain dwarves (by embark wave or something), although the current version would be equally useful for exporting artifacts or whatever

edit: and of course as I get this working I find out I'm doing it the dumb way
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:03:21 pm by Caldfir »
where is up?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2653 on: December 20, 2012, 06:00:04 pm »

Could I make a request ? -snip-
Sort of is in the new (unreleased) version already. You can run scripts on:
  • user selecting workshop with "q"
  • reaction being completed (not sure about low percent thing, i'll test that) - this also allows complex completion requirements (e.g. only if you have statues around, etc...) else it fails the reaction
  • item/unit projectile move/hit
  • item contaminate wound - when item tries to contaminate a wound, great for magical weapons ammo...
The "sort of" of my first sentence means that it's not way easy to use for raws modders (i still call myself a modder...). I could make a script that connects the "on one of those events" to "lua script" but that's the limitation (of existing system), you can't connect to other type of commands (dfhack has 3 types: native (like deramp, etc), lua script and ruby script). Also i'm working on a mod that tries to push dfhack boundaries to see what's possible and i was thinking about something like integrating raw commands (e.g. ">explode 1 4<") but for me it's way easier (and tidier) to do everything out of raws. So i'm not sure what is the best way to do it.

Well, adding new commands is different from what I meant. I dont want to give the player more dfhack options, I want to give the dwarves more dfhack options ;) I dont want to overburden a player with more commands and hotkeys, I would just mod in workshops and reactions. The player would still play the game as usual.

It is the same with the ammo GUI in shooters. If it is on the gun, it is part of the game, if it is in a GUI, it is outside the actual game. I'd rather have a dwarf running to a workshop called "great horn of war/alarm siren/giant bell" and sound the alarm, then have a player type ctrl+alt+s to run "siren".

But reading what you wrote... you think something like: "item equiped" would work in a script?
Dwarf equips "gauntlets of ogre strength", script raises strength of this dwarf.
Dwarf equips "flamethrower of flamy doom", script adds firebreath to this dwarf.

That would be... one of the most innovative modding capabilities I have ever seen ^^

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: December 20, 2012, 10:08:45 pm »

Well spank me rosy...

whoever added this:

https://raw.github.com/peterix/dfhack/master/scripts/magmasource.rb

Is my new hero for the day.  Well done!

/cheer
/cheer
/cheer
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 373