Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1439930 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2490 on: November 05, 2012, 10:23:08 am »

what happened to the compile instructions on the 1st post?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: November 05, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: November 05, 2012, 08:34:20 pm »

I was told to ask in here about whether DFHack can fix a stuck siege. I've routed everybody on the surface, but I'm still in siege mode. I haven't breached the caverns yet, so I doubt I was invaded through there as well. So... can DFHack fix it?
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: November 05, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »

Is there any way at all to use dfusion or dfhack to fool the game into thinking I have 80 dwarves so I qualify for invasions?

I just learned I can't be invaded without 80 dwarves but I want to try and take on invasions using only 20 or so, and I've already carved out a fort prepped for them.  Would I really have to regenerate my entire world and edit some kind of civ tag just to be invaded at that point?

I don't think anyone noticed your post, but:

IIRC there isn't a hard pop cap on goblin invasions. The triggers are all OR, not AND, so if you just export/create enough wealth you should have goblin invasions even with a low population. This is certainly my experience in-game.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: November 06, 2012, 10:35:15 am »

I am not sure if this is the right thread, but how do I setup milking, shearing and spinning in workflow plugin?

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: November 06, 2012, 12:37:09 pm »

I was told to ask in here about whether DFHack can fix a stuck siege. I've routed everybody on the surface, but I'm still in siege mode. I haven't breached the caverns yet, so I doubt I was invaded through there as well. So... can DFHack fix it?

Does your Units screen show any remaining invaders? It's possible you have a goblin with a flying mount hanging out somewhere above you... If so, marksdwarves can fix that (or you could (ab-)use dfhack's liquids to drop a block of obsidian on his head or something...).

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: November 06, 2012, 06:11:31 pm »

Does your Units screen show any remaining invaders? It's possible you have a goblin with a flying mount hanging out somewhere above you... If so, marksdwarves can fix that (or you could (ab-)use dfhack's liquids to drop a block of obsidian on his head or something...).

No invaders in my units screen.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: November 08, 2012, 01:13:32 pm »

Is there any way at all to use dfusion or dfhack to fool the game into thinking I have 80 dwarves so I qualify for invasions?

I just learned I can't be invaded without 80 dwarves but I want to try and take on invasions using only 20 or so, and I've already carved out a fort prepped for them.  Would I really have to regenerate my entire world and edit some kind of civ tag just to be invaded at that point?

I don't think anyone noticed your post, but:

IIRC there isn't a hard pop cap on goblin invasions. The triggers are all OR, not AND, so if you just export/create enough wealth you should have goblin invasions even with a low population. This is certainly my experience in-game.
Agreed.  If you get to 21+ dwarves, have had at least one visit from the liaison, and your manager has gone into "normal mode" from "first year mode", you should start to get sieges with regularity.  I've done extensive testing in this area, and found this to be true.

However, there are geographical considerations.  If goblins can't reach you, you'll never get sieges.  Isolated mountain valleys, islands, and the like can cause this.  The higher dwarven population is only required for the county/duchy/monarch plot line, from what I've seen.

If you're not getting goblins/invasions, and all the above is true, dfhack won't help.  But if you can post/PM a save, Box, I'd be happy to look at it to see what's up.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: November 09, 2012, 02:00:14 am »

You could just take a bunch of dwarves out of fort mode and pillage some towns if you want bloodshed.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: November 09, 2012, 07:19:35 am »

Hi ! I have a series of scripts on that list, that is not installed correctly or not work. How do I fix this?
(I'm on windows, the error is "XXX is not a recognized command")

An example:
  • siren
  • magmasource
  • removebadtoughts

Also, I did not understand if the fixes have to be installed or not.
Is the game bugged and that fixes are necessary ?

I'm talking about:
  • fix/population-cap
  • fix-armory

What about gui/mechanisms, gui/workshop-job, gui/workflow, etc ?
Why this fixes are not being inserted in the original game by Toady/programmers instead of using external patches made by fans ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:21:13 am by Nokao »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: November 09, 2012, 07:25:49 am »

<...>
Why this fixes are not being inserted in the original game by Toady/programmers instead of using external patches made by fans ?
i can answer this: because these fixes have been discovered quite recently and Toady is currently developing next version (and thus is not releasing bug-fix versions). Also they might be a bit different to what Toady (the only programmer working with DF) intends (i.e. he might have different plans for that specific thing).

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: November 09, 2012, 07:28:22 am »

I remember reading about a command for adding the specific castes to the Embark group, say, with antmen, two warriors, one queen, and four workers. How do I do that?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: November 09, 2012, 07:39:06 am »

I remember reading about a command for adding the specific castes to the Embark group, say, with antmen, two warriors, one queen, and four workers. How do I do that?
afair it was dfusion->embark and then dfusion->tools. but first you need to edit dfusion/embark/races.txt and dfusion/friendship/races.txt
The one for embark has syntax for each line RACE:CASTE_ID and for friendship(so that those races could work) RACE

It should be noted that those plugins work only on windows and can crash. Embark should be used in the site selection menu.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: November 09, 2012, 09:45:07 am »

... Toady is currently developing next version (and thus is not releasing bug-fix versions). Also they might be a bit different to what Toady (the only programmer working with DF) ...

Ok, so this explains many things.

I got very passioned with DF 1 week ago, and I didn't do anything else than to play with it so I really like it so much.
But of course I have seen it's huge limits of the game interface and game graphics

It's a miracle that sound, utilities, and some fan-made graphics made it a playable game,
but I think that if this was an open-source game it would have been very better.
A good example is what they did with "The Battle for Wesnoth".

I don't want to make a troll/flame with this post,
I really think that the 2 developers of DF are geniuses,
but I also would like (for the love I'm feeling for that game now) that this in the future will became open source,
allowing hundreds of fans and programmers to make it a better game, only in the game interface, graphics, and other "secondary" stuff that actually are it's only flaw.
I think it's just impossible with 2 programmers to do it better, because it must be a really really huge project, and that makes me sad because I would like to play it 10 years from now and see a totaly modern kick-assing game like it seems, digging inside, and not on the surface.

Expecially if the game is going to be a free game, I don't see the reason to keep the code for themselves,
considering that there are a lot of licenses that protect copyright out there.

In the meantime, I'll just keep going in understanding this beautiful game and install 15+ other plugins/software to play it better.

p.s. So much thanks to Tarn and Zach Adams for this amazing game.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:06:09 am by Nokao »

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: November 09, 2012, 10:14:28 am »

Just nitpicking, there're only one programmer, and he's not willing to open or let others works with him in the codes, because it's something he enjoys very much to work with :D
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 373