Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440819 times)

NGgod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r1
« Reply #1260 on: April 11, 2012, 10:25:21 am »

I used tiletypes to change some damp sand into a stone wall, however it kept the damp tags. I then tried changing the space to air and then to a stone wall but the stone wall, again, had the damp tags.

Any way of removing the damp tags from a specific few tiles with tiletypes of just DFhack in general?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 11, 2012, 12:45:35 pm »

Is the tile in question next to water or an aquifer tile? I suspect the damp tag is set dynamically by DF itself when there is water next to a tile. So un-setting it in dfhack won't help if it just gets immediately re-set by the game.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

NGgod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 11, 2012, 01:14:52 pm »

Is the tile in question next to water or an aquifer tile? I suspect the damp tag is set dynamically by DF itself when there is water next to a tile. So un-setting it in dfhack won't help if it just gets immediately re-set by the game.
the tiles were originally aquifer tiles, water producing, and then became water producing limestone walls.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 11, 2012, 07:03:03 pm »

the tiles were originally aquifer tiles, water producing, and then became water producing limestone walls.

There's a very big difference between "water producing aquifer" and "damp". I suspect those tiles still have an "aquifer" tag set, so changing the stone type didn't remove that tag.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

NGgod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 12, 2012, 06:02:57 am »

I take it Tiletypes can't remove the aquifer tag then?

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 14, 2012, 01:52:40 am »

does a possibility to teleport a creature exists with DFHack?

If not, does a possibility to create a wall from thin air & instantly exists?

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 14, 2012, 07:09:13 am »

I was looking at what I'd need to do for my application to make contact with Goncyn's upcoming protobuf procedures for setting dwarf labors. (He mentions his future addition to DFHack around the bottom of page 2 in my thread here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105530.29)

I've cloned DFHack and searched through the project for anything relating to a protobufs RPC service, and it looks like there's nothing committed about one yet. (I see lots of .protos, but no service definitions.)

How is the DFHack RPC service going to work (at least from the "client" side)? Will an outside application need to know a port number? Will this be defined by the individual plugins? I'd like to understand this part of the design perspective, so that I can (hopefully) prepare my outside application a bit for communication with DFHack (if/when that becomes possible). Thanks for your help.
Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 14, 2012, 10:13:22 am »

does a possibility to teleport a creature exists with DFHack?

If not, does a possibility to create a wall from thin air & instantly exists?
well dfusion kinda had a warp ability for adventure before, but it will take some time to rewrite that function for new dfusion.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Azhtabak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 14, 2012, 12:13:22 pm »

Hi,
I'm having trouble running the dfhack linux version; I launch it with ./dfhack and it loads dwarf fortress fine, but it doesn't take over the terminal; nothing happens when I attempt to use any of the dfhack commands. Does anyone have an idea as to why this might be?  :( This is under opensuse.

toasteur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 14, 2012, 01:15:52 pm »

I was looking at what I'd need to do for my application to make contact with Goncyn's upcoming protobuf procedures for setting dwarf labors. (He mentions his future addition to DFHack around the bottom of page 2 in my thread here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105530.29)

I've cloned DFHack and searched through the project for anything relating to a protobufs RPC service, and it looks like there's nothing committed about one yet. (I see lots of .protos, but no service definitions.)

How is the DFHack RPC service going to work (at least from the "client" side)? Will an outside application need to know a port number? Will this be defined by the individual plugins? I'd like to understand this part of the design perspective, so that I can (hopefully) prepare my outside application a bit for communication with DFHack (if/when that becomes possible). Thanks for your help.

protobuff is only the part used to encode the messages from client to server.
then ZMQ libraries are used to do the actual plumbing of creating connections and exchanging the data.

proto buff works this way:
protos files are used by google protobuff tools to generate code which will produce the same encoding for any OS/language combination.
so, for example, if you want to exchange messages on windows between 2 c++ applications, you only need one set of generated classes to exchange the data and can use existing ones if you don't create new protos.
but if you want, like me, to exchange between a c# .NET client and the dfhack c++ server, you'll have to get a protobuff code generator for C#, then create the equivalent code using the protos model.

then you have ZMQ:
it makes exchanging data beetween a client and server which don't have to be on the same OS or language easy and does the heavy lifting for you. then again, if you use a different language for the client, you have to get you're language version (often a wrapper of the c++ dlls) to make it work. and again, if your client is in c++, you can just use the same dlls as dfhack.
i think the code of the server part included in dfhack is here:
https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/library/RemoteServer.cpp
for a simple exemple of the client part in c++, you can see it here, it's a console executable to transmit simple command to dfhack from a non-dfhack console:
https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/library/dfhack-run.cpp

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1270 on: April 14, 2012, 03:10:36 pm »

protobuff is only the part used to encode the messages from client to server.
then ZMQ libraries are used to do the actual plumbing of creating connections and exchanging the data.

proto buff works this way:
protos files are used by google protobuff tools to generate code which will produce the same encoding for any OS/language combination.
so, for example, if you want to exchange messages on windows between 2 c++ applications, you only need one set of generated classes to exchange the data and can use existing ones if you don't create new protos.
but if you want, like me, to exchange between a c# .NET client and the dfhack c++ server, you'll have to get a protobuff code generator for C#, then create the equivalent code using the protos model.
Yeah. This is close enough ;) It's a serialization/deserialization thing with the objects described in a custom language.

then you have ZMQ:
Nope. It's basic TCP sockets. We dropped zmq after it became evident that it just isn't the right tool for the job.

There's no real documentation and the only example so far is dfhack-run.cpp - your best bet is to look at that and at the mentioned Remote* files. A bit can be understood by looking at the rename plugin, which extends the core protocol with some of its functions - look for "plugin_rpcconnect" in plugins/rename.cpp.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 14, 2012, 03:27:28 pm »

peterix, I haven't had time to get on IRC the past few days. Is there any objection to my SetUnitLabors API, or have you just not gotten around to merging it yet? Any pointers, advice, complaints, or criticism is welcome.

If anyone wants to see some example client code, I have some work-in-progress stuff on github. E.g. the methods that actually write to and read from the socket:
https://github.com/wjrogers/HeavyDuck.DF.DwarfDuck/blob/master/HeavyDuck.DF.DFHack/DFHackClient.cs#L112
https://github.com/wjrogers/HeavyDuck.DF.DwarfDuck/blob/master/HeavyDuck.DF.DFHack/DFHackClient.cs#L127

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1272 on: April 14, 2012, 04:08:38 pm »

peterix, I haven't had time to get on IRC the past few days. Is there any objection to my SetUnitLabors API, or have you just not gotten around to merging it yet? Any pointers, advice, complaints, or criticism is welcome.
I've seen it, but just couldn't get to it. It looks fine to me, but I'll give it a second read :)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 17, 2012, 05:28:31 am »

I'm having some trouble running this. Whenever I open the command prompt window, it instantly closes. I've seen this problem with other, similar programs, and I have spent the last few hours searching to find a fix, but the only one which made any sense didn't apply to me, as it involved a registry entry I don't have. Does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about or should I try again after getting some sleep?
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 17, 2012, 06:13:48 am »

I'm having some trouble running this.

Running what? dfhack? You unpack the archive, then copy the contents into your df folder which will replace some files. After that, just run df like usual and you'll get an additional console window for the hack/tweak stuff.

Whenever I open the command prompt window, it instantly closes.

Did you maybe call 'dfhack-run'? That's for calling plugins from outside of the dfhack console. It will instantly close, yes.

but the only one which made any sense didn't apply to me, as it involved a registry entry I don't have.

dfhack does not change any registry entries. It doesn't have any kind of installer either. You download and unpack it and copy it into your df folder.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 373