Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440709 times)

deltakai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r1
« Reply #1155 on: April 01, 2012, 04:03:55 am »

well I have a question that I hope it will be resolved. One day I was using DFhack's reveal command to find if there were any useful ores underground but I didn't find any. So I carried on with building my fortress but I forgot to turn off the reveal command and so saved and exited with the reveal command still ON. The next time I went into that world I saw that everything was still revealed and so I went into the DFhack console and typed unreveal but it said 'nothing to revert to!' so then I tried revealing again then unrevealing but nothing happened. So now that world seems to be permanently revealed and its really annoying so can anybody help me on how to fix this problem? :-\

I am using Windows 7

deltakai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 01, 2012, 04:07:02 am »

well I have a question that I hope it will be resolved. One day I was using DFhack's reveal command to find if there were any useful ores underground but I didn't find any. So I carried on with building my fortress but I forgot to turn off the reveal command and so saved and exited with the reveal command still ON. The next time I went into that world I saw that everything was still revealed and so I went into the DFhack console and typed unreveal but it said 'nothing to revert to!' so then I tried revealing again then unrevealing but nothing happened. So now that world seems to be permanently revealed and its really annoying so can anybody help me on how to fix this problem? :-\

I am using Windows 7

deltakai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 01, 2012, 04:09:27 am »

sorry for the duplicate

I am using Windows 7

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 01, 2012, 04:20:05 am »

I am using Windows 7
use revforget

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 01, 2012, 04:30:45 am »

And furthermore, there's an edit button you can use if you accidentally post twice. You can't delete the second post, but you can put your apologies there instead of making a third post :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 01, 2012, 05:35:46 am »

Actually, revflood is what you need (revforget is for another case where you unreveal map A then exit and load a different map B and reveal/unreveal complains about the map being different). If you load a map which you accidentally saved in revealed state, move the cursor to a 'good' position like your fortress gate and use 'revflood'. It will hide everything then unhide everything which can be reached from the cursor position using a flood fill.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 01, 2012, 08:52:41 am »

Err... What happened to regrass? i used so much it.

I miss it  :'(
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 01, 2012, 02:06:35 pm »

I think it was obsoleted Toady's new approach to grass. not sure.

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 01, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »

What's with this error? I'm trying to compile from git.

Code: [Select]
/media/Makai/opt/DwarfFortress/dfhack/plugins/autodump.cpp: In function ‘DFHack::command_result autodump_main(DFHack::color_ostream&, std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >&)’:
/media/Makai/opt/DwarfFortress/dfhack/plugins/autodump.cpp:235:29: error: ‘struct df::item_flags::<anonymous>’ has no member named ‘garbage_collect’
/media/Makai/opt/DwarfFortress/dfhack/plugins/autodump.cpp: In function ‘DFHack::command_result df_autodump_destroy_item(DFHack::color_ostream&, std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >&)’:
/media/Makai/opt/DwarfFortress/dfhack/plugins/autodump.cpp:325:26: error: ‘struct df::item_flags::<anonymous>’ has no member named ‘garbage_collect’
/media/Makai/opt/DwarfFortress/dfhack/plugins/autodump.cpp:333:26: error: ‘struct df::item_flags::<anonymous>’ has no member named ‘garbage_collect’
/media/Makai/opt/DwarfFortress/dfhack/plugins/autodump.cpp:360:22: error: ‘struct df::item_flags::<anonymous>’ has no member named ‘garbage_collect’
make[2]: *** [plugins/CMakeFiles/autodump.dir/autodump.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [plugins/CMakeFiles/autodump.dir/all] Error 2

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1164 on: April 01, 2012, 02:24:01 pm »

What's with this error? I'm trying to compile from git.

error: ‘struct df::item_flags::<anonymous>’ has no member named ‘garbage_collect’
Update your submodules.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 01, 2012, 02:32:42 pm »

Yeah, that did it. Thanks.

So the correct procedure is to update is...

git submodule update
git pull
cd build
make
make install

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1166 on: April 01, 2012, 05:42:52 pm »

I think it was obsoleted Toady's new approach to grass. not sure.
Pretty much, yes. It's not entirely out of the question to bring it back, but it would have to do different things than before.

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 01, 2012, 06:54:53 pm »

I am using Windows 7

dfhack remembers the squares that were already visible before revealing, when you use reveal. then when you use unreveal, it looks at the squares it memorized, and hides them all. when you exited df, dfhack was closed, and the data that memorized which squares were revealed was lost. as a result, dfhack no longer has any idea which squares were and were not revealed, so if you try to unreveal it has no data to refer to and nothing will happen. lesson: do not leave the map revealed for prolonged periods of time

as robertheinrich mentioned, revflood will probably fix the problem. it hides the entire map, and then floods from the cursor outwards and reveals every square it can access.
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 02, 2012, 05:43:26 am »

Is it possible to run dfhack without having it take over the console window (linux)?

I ask because I want to play over ssh using [PRINT_MODE:TEXT] and dfhack taking over the window makes that impossible, as far as I can tell.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1169 on: April 02, 2012, 06:15:17 am »

Is it possible to run dfhack without having it take over the console window (linux)?

I ask because I want to play over ssh using [PRINT_MODE:TEXT] and dfhack taking over the window makes that impossible, as far as I can tell.
If it takes over the terminal in TEXT mode, then that's a bug. Does it?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 373