Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440526 times)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #960 on: March 25, 2012, 08:37:17 am »

I might be wrong but as I understand it the workflow settings are stored inside the savegame disguised as a historical figure (cool idea, by the way). So in theory you should be fine with just copying your save to the newest version of DF.

starvingpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 25, 2012, 09:37:19 am »

Thanks Rinun_Rus.

I also found the start of a list in another thread re: workflow scripting.  It was far from complete, but got me pointed at the RAWs...  and, of course, I can't find that thread again now.   ::)

I find most of them in the raws.  Haven't been able to find milk yet.  For mechanisms, you want TRAPPARTS.

TRAPPARTS?    Many thanks!  No wonder I couldn't work that 'un out.  /facepalm.

This is what you want, you should be able to get 99% of everything sorted out with this and the included readme.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Item_token

BlackRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 25, 2012, 09:55:32 am »

I also found the start of a list in another thread re: workflow scripting.  It was far from complete, but got me pointed at the RAWs...  and, of course, I can't find that thread again now.   ::)

Is this the one? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104015.0

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 25, 2012, 01:58:59 pm »

For job item-material, how do you specify if you wanted a specific type of block used in the construction of something? Like BLOCKS:BASALT? What would the correct syntax for that be?
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 25, 2012, 02:01:55 pm »

If you want a construction (like a workshop) then you just specify the material.  job item-material is used to specify things like "process plant" into "process pig tails".  For inorganic items, such as "construct rock block" then you can use the job-material tool.  q over it, settle over the job, and type "job-material BASALT" to change "construct rock blocks" into "construct basalt blocks".

At least I think it's "job-material" but I may have mispelt it.  Use "ls" to list commands, it should be very similar.

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 25, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »

Okay, but if I have a job that makes things out of rock blocks, and I have a bunch of different types of rock blocks and, much to my chagrin the stupid dwarfs OBVIOUSLY use every OTHER block but the ones I want them to use, how do I make that job work only on the rock blocks of a specific type, or is that even possible?
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 25, 2012, 02:14:15 pm »

For inorganic items, such as "construct rock block" then you can use the job-material tool.  q over it, settle over the job, and type "job-material BASALT" to change "construct rock blocks" into "construct basalt blocks".

At least I think it's "job-material" but I may have mispelt it.  Use "ls" to list commands, it should be very similar.
Reading comprehension.

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 25, 2012, 02:18:12 pm »

For inorganic items, such as "construct rock block" then you can use the job-material tool.  q over it, settle over the job, and type "job-material BASALT" to change "construct rock blocks" into "construct basalt blocks".

Reading comprehension.
What we have here is a failure to communicate.
I'm not making rock blocks. I'm making things OUT OF rock blocks.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 25, 2012, 02:20:35 pm »

Are you building floors and walls and such, or are you using a custom reaction that takes blocks and produces items?  There's no vanilla reactions that intake blocks.  Blocks used for construction, well, you just select "basalt blocks" from the list, that's basic construction.

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 25, 2012, 02:31:47 pm »

Now we're getting somewhere.
No. It's part of a mod. Masterwork, which lets you make bins and barrels out of rock blocks.
Only my idiot dwarfs are using the rock blocks that I bought from the traders that I wanted to change back into NORMAL rock for the ore.
Beyond forbidding every OTHER type of rock block, is there a way to limit the use of rock blocks specifically to basalt rock blocks using the DF Hack job plugin for the purpose of constructing these bins and barrels?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 25, 2012, 02:56:19 pm »

It all comes back to Masterworks, it seems...  I swear, so many issues arising from that mod...

q, create the job, hover icon over the job.
DFHack, assuming it works the way I think it does, you should be able to simply enter "job-material BASALT", however since it's a custom reaction you'll likely need to use "job item-material 1 BASALT".  the "1" is a variable there.  Hit "job" simply, and it'll give you a readout of the selected task, and from there you can figure out what material to modify to make it take basalt instead of "anything".

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #971 on: March 25, 2012, 02:57:41 pm »

Does job-materials even work [reliably] with custom reactions?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 25, 2012, 03:02:05 pm »

I haven't tried it, but I doubt that it does.
« Reply #973 on: March 25, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »

is anyone going to update DFHACK for 34.06?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 25, 2012, 04:05:53 pm »

No.

Or you could read up the thread instead of derping your question.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 373