Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440480 times)

Zanara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #915 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:51 pm »

So...at the risk of sounding a noob and idiot, has there been any progress, or workaround, for implimenting the Dfusions lair effect? (stopping items from scattering during a reclaim of a fallen or abandoned fortress). Because amusing as it is to see 7 dwarves all run halfway across the map, grab a -single- seed from a pile of 300+ of them, then triumphanty run back to the farm, seed held over their head...it gets old fast.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 20, 2012, 03:59:47 pm »

So...at the risk of sounding a noob and idiot, has there been any progress, or workaround, for implimenting the Dfusions lair effect? (stopping items from scattering during a reclaim of a fallen or abandoned fortress). Because amusing as it is to see 7 dwarves all run halfway across the map, grab a -single- seed from a pile of 300+ of them, then triumphanty run back to the farm, seed held over their head...it gets old fast.
So far as I know, there's a workaround.
Make sure the fort's tombed in. As in nothing can get in or out. With lots of people's forts, this can be achieved just by raising the drawbridge. Though you may want to install a lever outside or something. Make sure you have sufficient way to get back in! My case is usually deconstructing the wall, but some people have moats.
Also, heavier stuff doesn't get spread as far.

The idea is the stuff will spread, but basically, it only spreads as far as it realistically should. i.e. scattered clothes won't magically scatter past the walls if there's no way for a dwarf to get out.
Also, not sure if clothes scatter into the caverns. Might want to wall it up before abandon.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 20, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »

Not true, I've observed items to scatter wherever they damn well please - primarily to the surface.  Items with no path will suddenly be on the surface more often than not.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 20, 2012, 05:06:55 pm »

Weird, could've sworn I read that somewhere on the wiki. Someone might want to correct that then. Though I couldn't tell you where I saw it. :S

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #919 on: March 20, 2012, 05:53:53 pm »

Weird, could've sworn I read that somewhere on the wiki. Someone might want to correct that then. Though I couldn't tell you where I saw it. :S
dflair will be back in the DFHack next release.

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 20, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »

What is the syntax for designating a workflow order on bags?
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 20, 2012, 06:24:15 pm »

I know that the current version of df2minecraft is kind of rough and buggy however I have a couple questions about it.
1. Do you guy want/need bug reports? If so, what information do you need and how/where do you want me to submit it to?
2. I tried to use it on one of my forts but it crashed. I tried a second time with the same result. Is there any known way to improve the odds of it working? Will simply trying a few more times have any chance of getting it to work or is continued trying it a waste of time? Thanks.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:50 am »

Example: workflow count BOX/YARN 30

Bags are BOX.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

starvingpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 21, 2012, 08:05:37 am »

First off, I love your work

I don't know if it's possible; but would there be a way to make a plugin that would allow one to select a ghost and hit a hotkey that will engrave a memorial in one of your craftdwarf shops?

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 21, 2012, 08:44:18 am »

Example: workflow count BOX/YARN 30

Bags are BOX.

Thank you!
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 21, 2012, 12:58:24 pm »

I would love to see some kind of herd management plugin. Basically, something along the following:

herd assign ALPACA

would set the plugin to automatically assign all alpacas to the selected pasture (you would have to have a pasture selected in DF, similar to how you need a job selected to use job item-material

Next would be
herd autocull ALPACA MALE 2

This would tell the plugin to automatically mark all but 2 males for butchering. Oldest animals would be marked first

Also, a couple simple toggle options that would work similar to workflow, automatically suspending or enabling the appropriate jobs:

herd automilk on|off
herd autoshear on|off

Oh, and it should definitely remember settings like workflow does so you don't have to set it up every time you continue playing a fortress like you do with seedwatch and keybinding.

lukesleftleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 21, 2012, 02:44:04 pm »

I would love to see some kind of herd management plugin. Basically, something along the following:

herd assign ALPACA

would set the plugin to automatically assign all alpacas to the selected pasture (you would have to have a pasture selected in DF, similar to how you need a job selected to use job item-material

Next would be
herd autocull ALPACA MALE 2

This would tell the plugin to automatically mark all but 2 males for butchering. Oldest animals would be marked first

Also, a couple simple toggle options that would work similar to workflow, automatically suspending or enabling the appropriate jobs:

herd automilk on|off
herd autoshear on|off

Oh, and it should definitely remember settings like workflow does so you don't have to set it up every time you continue playing a fortress like you do with seedwatch and keybinding.

I was thinking exactly the same thing just earlier today, only your idea for an implementation is even better.

I think this is a great idea, and would definitely make up for regrass not being in DFhack any more.
The regrass plugin did feel a bit cheaty, but reassigning animals to new pens every few seasons is a real pain.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 21, 2012, 07:40:12 pm »

Main reason I don't breed livestock is the trouble of assigning them to pastures.  I'll breed all one-gender of animal, usually something like female goats that will milk and wool, but don't bother breeding anything that grazes.  If I had a tool that allows for auto-pasturing, then perhaps I would.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 21, 2012, 08:04:51 pm »

Any chance of body swaparoo making it in, too? It'd be nice to be able to deck out our companions again (or fall back on them upon death).
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 22, 2012, 12:03:42 am »

Any chance of body swaparoo making it in, too? It'd be nice to be able to deck out our companions again (or fall back on them upon death).

Already in. adv-bodyswap
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 373