Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440087 times)

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2012, 11:55:50 am »

Since the ghost doesnt show up on the slab menue (to put him to rest) I need to get rid of him by hacking somehow ...
The tool was there for 31.xx, but wasn't ported to 34.xx. It's likely that it would be much cleaner to fix those ghosts now... (see code here)

Could you upload a save with your ghost so we can try finding the best fix for the current version?

EDIT: Is your ghost missing? If not, are you sure it isn't on the slab menu - I've tested with a vampire ghost save from a bug, and it seems that vampires appear by their true names in the list. To be sure, you can try setting a nickname using 'rename unit' in dfhack: unlike the in-game ui, it doesn't care what type of unit it is.

hey! Thanks for the reply.

The vampire itself was atom smashed - so no body or parts
I am abolutely sure, it isnt on the slab menue.
I tried renaming (nick and profession) via dfhack (about 30 times by now) but it still wont show up. A second vampire ghost that didnt show cama up after the renaming - he is put to rest
When i export to xml the ghost is in the dwarf list - he seems to be somewhere in limbo

where should i put the save? compressed or not?

cheers

P.S.: I'll rename the ghost to something less offensive before i post the save though ... :D
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2012, 12:22:44 pm »

You could just zip it and put on DFFD like bug reports. However - is the vampire ghost Missing or Deceased in the unit list? If it is Missing, then it would not show up in the slab list - I tested it with this save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5623. I know exactly how to remove or set the missing status, but there is no plugin for that yet.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 03, 2012, 12:33:35 pm »

You could just zip it and put on DFFD like bug reports. However - is the vampire ghost Missing or Deceased in the unit list? If it is Missing, then it would not show up in the slab list - I tested it with this save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5623. I know exactly how to remove or set the missing status, but there is no plugin for that yet.

Ah i see.
The ghost is MISSING on the list. so thats that.
Well I am no programmer or anything but i CAN use an editor okay (when you show me what to do) ;)
I would be much obliged if you could tell me how to set this sucker to dead so i can engrave his slab and only have to worry about my king vampire ...

cheers!
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Ihmemies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 03, 2012, 02:25:07 pm »

It's been a while since I last played DF. I got stonesense but it looks really weird:

http://hakkarainen.kuvat.fi/tempo/spam2/ss.png

How I can center the view? Currently it is partly out of the window for no apparent reason... Also is there some way to make the displayed area larger?

Another annoying thing is the fog which shrouds the view when I increase Z depth. Can I disable it somehow?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 03, 2012, 02:33:38 pm »

There's a stonesense help file included in DFHack.

Ihmemies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 03, 2012, 02:40:01 pm »

Well the help file told absolutely nothing of use, but looking at the other hidden txt files I realized that from init.txt you can adjust lots of useful stuff. Seems that stonesense doesn't like at all if you resize the window yourself, it must be done from init.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #726 on: March 03, 2012, 02:54:08 pm »

What does the r1 in the title stand for?  ???

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2012, 03:05:11 pm »

My game crashes every time I try to accept a world I designed with advanced parameters when I use this. Is there any way to fix this?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2012, 03:31:06 pm »

What does the r1 in the title stand for?  ???
It means "release 1" - if DFHack gets some major bugfixes or new features before the next DF version, then "DFHack 0.34.04 r2" might get released.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 03, 2012, 04:08:00 pm »

I tried to make one of my z levels uniform as much as possible (found a BIG granite layer and since it is nicely white I decided to change every veins and clusters etc to GRANITE using changevein). That worked fine except for horn silver, which according to DFHack is not a veign or mineral. Problem with DFHack or rather a DF thingy?

Minor nuisance, since the clusters are tiny, but I thought I might report it. And yeah, I only read the last few pages... if that issue was already mentioned then just ignore my post.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #730 on: March 03, 2012, 05:11:50 pm »

Horn silver is most definitely a mineral, so it ought to be detecting it. What's the exact error message you're getting?
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 03, 2012, 05:22:05 pm »

so using dfhack, could i create hematite walls somehow?

Update:
When I specify a wall.  I can choose stone or mineral (for this specific example).  And the wall comes out gabro.  Prolly because of where it's at.  Unfortunately I have a site that has low minerals other than silver.  I had picked it because it had shallow and/or deep metals.  Now I'm stuck with next to nothing for iron source.  So I'm hoping to generate some iron (i.e. cheat).  I was hoping dfhack could do that for me.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:37:07 pm by thistleknot »

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 03, 2012, 07:01:59 pm »

Any tips on how to use workflow to automatically process pig tails (spin) and sweet pods (syrup)?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #733 on: March 03, 2012, 07:15:24 pm »

so using dfhack, could i create hematite walls somehow?

Update:
When I specify a wall.  I can choose stone or mineral (for this specific example).  And the wall comes out gabro.  Prolly because of where it's at.  Unfortunately I have a site that has low minerals other than silver.  I had picked it because it had shallow and/or deep metals.  Now I'm stuck with next to nothing for iron source.  So I'm hoping to generate some iron (i.e. cheat).  I was hoping dfhack could do that for me.
It is currently not possible to create walls made of arbitrary materials - the best you can do is use changevein to change a specific mineral inclusion into hematite/limonite/magnetite.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 03, 2012, 07:25:21 pm »

My game crashes every time I try to accept a world I designed with advanced parameters when I use this. Is there any way to fix this?

Why does no one answer my question?

:'( :( :'( :( :'(

I guess I'll just go jump off of a bridge into a bathtub filled with razors and guns and pills and water and toasters...
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 373