Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440154 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.02 r1
« Reply #585 on: February 23, 2012, 05:57:55 pm »

PRAISE ARMOK! dfhack has returned! thank you to peterix and the team =] if you'll excuse me ladies and gentlemen, my fortress calls

QFT.

It's good to have vdig and cleanowned back :D

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 23, 2012, 06:26:50 pm »

I still can't turn brooks into rivers..tried many things and it doesn't work.
Any ideas?  :(

--
Actually, I can edit brooks now..still, can't find a way to "remove" them.
--
Finally.
Set filters to "BROOK BROOK_TOP" and paint to "AIR EMPTY", and the brooks are removed.

It's a bit complicated, but this is going to allow me to kill some very well hidden (and stuck) beasts.
Thanks a lot for the release! :D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:39:58 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:36 pm »

This is awesome and amazing. Glad the DF2Minecraft is being worked into this, that is very epic.

Thank you for your hard work with this mod.

Cheers!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 23, 2012, 09:28:03 pm »

Thanks for the new version. With all the awesome options, I'm kinda surprised there's no command to insta-dig an area, or on the contrary, revert empty space back to stone (would be useful to safely experiment then revert). Is that not possible, or not included for another reason?

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 23, 2012, 09:29:16 pm »

Just came back to DF after a while, and boy has DFHack evolved. Fantastic job all around!

ctoan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 23, 2012, 09:34:04 pm »

So I'm trying to start using workflow, and I'm trying to maintain a stock of mechanisms.  I can't seem to figure out what the actual name that workflow expects.  I delved into the raws for the first time and couldn't even figure out where all of the furniture is.  Could anybody help with that?

Also, thanks a billion for the new version.

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 23, 2012, 11:24:16 pm »

I'm almost certain that something is causing a memory leak.. DF crashed on me twice after I installed this, memory usage slowly creeps into gigabyte figures.

The only features I use are drybucket and occasionally fastdwarf, not sure what's going on since I can't attach the VS debugger and see for myself. At that point of memory usage, VS is practically impossible to deal with with all the page swapping going on, not that I'm going to spot the source of the problem that way in the first place.

Any ideas?
A Dance With Ice and Fire
An open-world roguelike based off the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 23, 2012, 11:41:51 pm »

I've been running for a few hours with no troubles. This is with a win7(32) laptop and limited RAM.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:01:10 am by BigD145 »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #593 on: February 24, 2012, 02:53:14 am »

Any ideas?
I've been running for a few hours with no troubles. This is with a laptop and limited RAM.

Always say which OS you are on. There are differences between Windows and Linux DFHack :)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #594 on: February 24, 2012, 02:54:07 am »

Very thankful for this.  Vdig is what I use most, and having it back is amazing~

Any ideas on my "flood dig" command that could be used to quarry layer stone?  Example: "fdig MARBLE" would start at the cursor and flood out, marking any visible MARBLE material for digging designation.
Noted, will be there in the future :)

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 24, 2012, 07:20:05 am »

Always say which OS you are on. There are differences between Windows and Linux DFHack :)

Windows 7 SP1 (x86), 4GB RAM.

Edit: This is what it looks like:

I just had the main menu open and nothing going on, memory usage was increasing by ~300kb per update cycle on that graph.

Edit 2:

Disregard this whole ordeal, after fiddling around for a while trying to locate the source of problem I tracked it down to the VBO renderer. fastdwarf was merely accelerating screen updates and hurling it towards the inevitable crash.

No more memory problems once I switched to 2DASYNC.

That's kinda nasty though.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:55:33 am by voodooattack »
An open-world roguelike based off the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:44 am »

ThankyouthankyouthankyouTHANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about ready to go into a fell mood and port it to 34.02 myself!
tahujdt cancels Do Homework: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #597 on: February 24, 2012, 06:13:53 pm »

Wrote you a PM, but might have been overlooked.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to write a custom version for a mod I am writing, OR, if you would be so kind to give me the permission to mod it myself. I would just need to know what program/language I need, and the source code. The rest I can figure out for myself.

My goal is to have a workshop to run a reaction, lets say: Blessing of Speed.
Then the gamelog shows that this has been done.
Dfhack would read the gamelog, and automatically start fastdwarf for 30 seconds.
After 30 secs, goes back to normal.

Essentially I want to use some features of dfhack as gamefeatures and make them aviable just by dwarfen labor.

I already converted the LNP to become a optional Settings program for both my mod, and genesis.

greets,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #598 on: February 24, 2012, 06:19:23 pm »

Wrote you a PM, but might have been overlooked.

Essentially I want to use some features of dfhack as gamefeatures and make them aviable just by dwarfen labor.

I already converted the LNP to become a optional Settings program for both my mod, and genesis.
Yep. Already replied. It's an interesting idea and should be possible to do.

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 25, 2012, 04:13:47 am »

I'd like to write a plugin to convert artificial walls (player-constructed ones) into natural smoothed walls, thus allowing the player to engrave them again.

Would this be possible with the current API?

And if so, how should I go about it? is there a guide somewhere?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 373