Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440135 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r8 (current)
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »

Did you follow the included instructions for installing it?

Did you read any of the included documentation?
Yes and yes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2012, 10:49:19 pm »

Did you extract the entire DFhack folder into your DFv folder, and then run DF?

Samaliel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 07, 2012, 09:30:24 am »

Hi there,

I was tinkering with the DF2MC.xml file in order to see if I could make stairs use some stair blocks, and noticed the bed blocks are not defined in any of the two 'Minecraft material' sections.

I added them, but when I tried to run DF2minecraft, it crashed. I haven't found any useful log to see whether it is related to the addition of bed or to my attempt to use stair blocks for stairs.

Could any one help me with this ?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 07, 2012, 09:37:48 am »

You sure there's no bed? I remember putting one in there. Might not have been released.

Best thing to do is to change one thing at a time, and try it out each time, so see what causes it to die.

Blailus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 08, 2012, 11:29:39 am »

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if I run seedwatch on my fort, my FPS frops from 70-90 down to 25 (and as soon as I type "seedwatch stop" it goes right back to the previous FPS)

Any ideas on why/how I can fix this?

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 08, 2012, 05:06:24 pm »

I just noticed the Modes option in DFHack.  If I switch modes from Fortress to Adventurer, does this mean the Fortress will stay in the world and I can start another one?  If not, is there a way via DFHack that I can just leave a fortress with all its dwarves and stuff without abandoning it?
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Samaliel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2012, 07:02:12 pm »

You sure there's no bed? I remember putting one in there. Might not have been released.

Best thing to do is to change one thing at a time, and try it out each time, so see what causes it to die.

Yup. Positive. According to MC wiki, bed block id is 26, and there's nothing in between 20 and 35 in the DF2MC.xml, either in the minecraftmaterials or in the minecraftmaterialsalpha elements (just checked the file on peterix github repository).

However,  there is a building definition for beds. It just calls for the previously undefined bed blocks:
Code: [Select]
<bed mat="torch,air,torch;air,air,air;air,air,air|bookshelf,bed,bookshelf;air,bed,air;air,air,air|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="5,0,5;0,0,0;0,0,0|0,9,0;0,1,0;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
<bed.-2 mat="torch,air,torch;air,air,air;air,air,air|bookshelf,bed,bookshelf;air,bed,air;air,air,air|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="5,0,5;0,0,0;0,0,0|0,9,0;0,1,0;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0"  />
<bed.-4 mat="torch,air,air;air,air,air;torch,air,air|bookshelf,air,air;bed,bed,air;bookshelf,air,air|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="5,0,0;0,0,0;5,0,0|0,0,0;8,0,0;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
<bed.-6 mat="air,air,torch;air,air,air;air,air,torch|air,air,bookshelf;air,bed,bed;air,air,bookshelf|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="0,0,5;0,0,0;0,0,5|0,0,0;0,2,10;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
<bed.-8 mat="air,air,air;air,air,air;torch,air,torch|air,air,air;air,bed,air;bookshelf,bed,bookshelf|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="0,0,0;0,0,0;5,0,5|0,0,0;0,3,0;0,11,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
<bed.-246 mat="torch,air,torch;air,air,air;air,air,air|bookshelf,bed,bookshelf;air,bed,air;air,air,air|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="5,0,5;0,0,0;0,0,0|0,9,0;0,1,0;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0"  />
<bed.-248 mat="torch,air,air;air,air,air;torch,air,air|bookshelf,air,air;bed,bed,air;bookshelf,air,air|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="5,0,0;0,0,0;5,0,0|0,0,0;8,0,0;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
<bed.-268 mat="air,air,torch;air,air,air;air,air,torch|air,air,bookshelf;air,bed,bed;air,air,bookshelf|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="0,0,5;0,0,0;0,0,5|0,0,0;0,2,10;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
<bed.-468 mat="air,air,air;air,air,air;torch,air,torch|air,air,air;air,bed,air;bookshelf,bed,bookshelf|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="0,0,0;0,0,0;5,0,5|0,0,0;0,3,0;0,11,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
<bed.-24 mat="torch,air,torch;air,air,air;air,air,air|bookshelf,bed,bookshelf;air,bed,air;air,air,air|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="5,0,5;0,0,0;0,0,0|0,9,0;0,1,0;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0"  />
<bed.-26 mat="torch,air,torch;air,air,air;air,air,air|bookshelf,bed,bookshelf;air,bed,air;air,air,air|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="5,0,5;0,0,0;0,0,0|0,9,0;0,1,0;0,0,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0"  />
<bed.-48 mat="air,air,air;air,air,air;torch,air,torch|air,air,air;air,bed,air;bookshelf,bed,bookshelf|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="0,0,0;0,0,0;5,0,5|0,0,0;0,3,0;0,11,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
<bed.-68 mat="air,air,air;air,air,air;torch,air,torch|air,air,air;air,bed,air;bookshelf,bed,bookshelf|air,air,air;air,air,air;air,air,air" data="0,0,0;0,0,0;5,0,5|0,0,0;0,3,0;0,11,0|0,0,0;0,0,0;0,0,0" />
Bookshelves and torches appear alright, but not the bed.

Anyway, I'll take your advice and try modding one thing at a time. Baby steps, right ?

Ninja edit: added the followong lines in both Minecraft materials section:
Code: [Select]
<material val="26" opacity="15" partlit="1">bed</material>and the bed appeared at the expected location.

Now to try and make stairs that actually have stairs in them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:34:25 pm by Samaliel »

Samaliel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2012, 08:21:55 pm »

Double posting because of a different problem. When loading the exported world for the first time, my character is spawned halfway inside the ground. I have to jump before I can move at all. Not very annoying, but unreported bugs don't get corrected, so there: reported.

Iceco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 09, 2012, 04:55:07 pm »

Suggestion:
A new mode in dfreveal that reveals all tiles adjacent to currently dug out tiles (or in other words makes the tiles above and below dug out tiles visible - as the tiles adjacent in the xy-plane are already revealed).
It makes some sense to know what's above and below you when you're digging (the dwarf either scratches the layer above/below and sees the material or hears it's hollow) and avoids you having to dig up/down stairs to follow veins or spoil the entire map with a full reveal.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:56:50 pm by Iceco »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #384 on: January 09, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »

I just noticed the Modes option in DFHack.  If I switch modes from Fortress to Adventurer, does this mean the Fortress will stay in the world and I can start another one?  If not, is there a way via DFHack that I can just leave a fortress with all its dwarves and stuff without abandoning it?
Well. I guess you could do that, but this pretty much enters the 'undefined behavior' area. If you want to take an adventurer out of a fort, you have to go through arena mode so you can 'assume control' of him. Also don't move the adventurer until you switch from arena to adventure mode. Otherwise all the dwarves will start attaking each other. Switching back to dwarf mode should be done similarly, but in reverse.

Double posting because of a different problem. When loading the exported world for the first time, my character is spawned halfway inside the ground. I have to jump before I can move at all. Not very annoying, but unreported bugs don't get corrected, so there: reported.
Yay, one more bug. The tool sure has plenty of them :) I guess I should look at it before I make a new release.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if I run seedwatch on my fort, my FPS frops from 70-90 down to 25 (and as soon as I type "seedwatch stop" it goes right back to the previous FPS)

Any ideas on why/how I can fix this?
You could, but someone else was quicker. The issue is that it runs too often and just hogs the CPU (each run scanning through all items). Should be fixed in next release (and is already fixed in current code).

Oh, and a bit of info for everyone:
DFHack now has more active developers than just me. This is awesome.

Internally, things are changing and you can expect a lot more from the future. Instead of using Memory.xml, dfhack will be switching to a better way of describing the game's data structures and generating code out of that. This means a lot more of DF can be exposed to plugins and greatly reducing the maintenance needed. It's already in place and working properly. For future releases, expect Memory.xml to be gone or at least reduced in size :)

If you are interested in how the internals of DF work, check out the new XML code here: https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures

As for the approaching DF release, I think I'll release DFHack for 0.31.25 with the new system in place first and wait until the new DF stabilizes a bit. It might take some time to update DFHack for the new version anyway, because the amount of details exposed is HUGE in comparison to what the Memory.xml based system allowed. Still a lot better to work with.

There are exciting times ahead :)

Suggestion:
A new mode in dfreveal that reveals all tiles adjacent to currently dug out tiles (or in other words makes the tiles above and below dug out tiles visible - as the tiles adjacent in the xy-plane are already revealed).
It makes some sense to know what's above and below you when you're digging (the dwarf either scratches the layer above/below and sees the material or hears it's hollow) and avoids you having to dig up/down stairs to follow veins or spoil the entire map with a full reveal.
That's a very nice idea.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 09, 2012, 10:07:35 pm »

Well. I guess you could do that, but this pretty much enters the 'undefined behavior' area. If you want to take an adventurer out of a fort, you have to go through arena mode so you can 'assume control' of him. Also don't move the adventurer until you switch from arena to adventure mode. Otherwise all the dwarves will start attaking each other. Switching back to dwarf mode should be done similarly, but in reverse.

I'll give it a try tomorrow.  Being able to step away from a fortress without abandoning it (even if it's not "really" functioning) and start new fortresses or adventure in a world with your forts still containing their occupants has always been a feature I wanted in DF.  I have a feeling based on the DFusion thread that there needs to be more resolved (like declaring the site to be something other than an active player fortress) but if there was ever a simple option to do that, I'd sort of think that was awesome.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:10:43 pm by Cardinal »
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

kanaak666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 10, 2012, 05:28:23 pm »

@Cardinal
Maybe you should write somewhere that hack command window should open automatically if everything is working correctly. I know it sounds silly, but I was re-installing DF, adding new mods etc. and in the end I haven't noticed that some of the files were overwritten. Then I spent whole 20 minutes trying to get this .dll files working :P

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

@Cardinal
Maybe you should write somewhere that hack command window should open automatically if everything is working correctly. I know it sounds silly, but I was re-installing DF, adding new mods etc. and in the end I haven't noticed that some of the files were overwritten. Then I spent whole 20 minutes trying to get this .dll files working :P
I assume you meant to direct that statement to peterix.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Lothiack Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.imagineplay.com.br
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:05 pm »

Oh, and a bit of info for everyone:
DFHack now has more active developers than just me. This is awesome.

Internally, things are changing and you can expect a lot more from the future. Instead of using Memory.xml, dfhack will be switching to a better way of describing the game's data structures and generating code out of that. This means a lot more of DF can be exposed to plugins and greatly reducing the maintenance needed. It's already in place and working properly. For future releases, expect Memory.xml to be gone or at least reduced in size :)

If you are interested in how the internals of DF work, check out the new XML code here: https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures

As for the approaching DF release, I think I'll release DFHack for 0.31.25 with the new system in place first and wait until the new DF stabilizes a bit. It might take some time to update DFHack for the new version anyway, because the amount of details exposed is HUGE in comparison to what the Memory.xml based system allowed. Still a lot better to work with.

There are exciting times ahead :)

Awesome! Will check the new code asap.
Any progress on the DFHack Client/Server with ZMQ and Proto?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2012, 12:22:12 am »

Awesome! Will check the new code asap.
Any progress on the DFHack Client/Server with ZMQ and Proto?
No, not really. But I'd say the same approach of code generation should be applied. I'll see what can be done about that once I'm done with the semester's exams :P
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 373