Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440132 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #765 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:27 pm »

....only in DF.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2012, 01:43:39 pm »

....only in DF.
Nah, "there is no kill like overkill" predates DF 8)
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2012, 01:51:55 pm »

I made a quick and dirty 2 high room with a special burrow. It takes time, but lots of people get there. Then I drop water 1 level of 7/7 and make it 1/7 after verifying drowners. Does spawned water still make tiles unavailable? I usually spawn water a z level or two above ground.

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2012, 02:25:21 pm »

Is there any interest/activity in making a Mac version of DF Hack?  I've been primarily playing on my laptop, and would prefer to avoid the hassle of having to copy my fort to my PC just to survey what stones are on my map.

I am a programmer by trade and might be able to make some headway on this, but haven't grabbed the DF Hack sources off of github yet.  I don't necessarily want to start mucking around if someone else has already done the work.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 06, 2012, 02:37:36 pm »

I know there isn't a command for it - but is there some obscure way to detect vampires with DFhack? I'm trying to do a megabuild with superdwarves and hate losing a good laborer to a vampire.

If you don't mind having no vampires anywhere you can Change the vampire types to 0 in adv world gen. Otherwise its the border control with all its nasty locked rooms and burrows to starve people in.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2012, 02:45:01 pm »

Is there any interest/activity in making a Mac version of DF Hack?  I've been primarily playing on my laptop, and would prefer to avoid the hassle of having to copy my fort to my PC just to survey what stones are on my map.

I am a programmer by trade and might be able to make some headway on this, but haven't grabbed the DF Hack sources off of github yet.  I don't necessarily want to start mucking around if someone else has already done the work.

DFHack for Mac is possible, it's just that none of the DFHack developers have Macs. Peterix tried to get a hackintosh going a while back, and it failed spectacularly. As far as I know, all of the attempts to port DFHack to Mac were back before the major rewrite, so I don't think there's been any work done at all on it. Any help to get it working would be very much appreciated!  :D

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 06, 2012, 03:13:03 pm »

Ok, perhaps I will check it out in the next week or two if I find myself with some extra time on my hands.  I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of questions when I do.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 06, 2012, 03:33:13 pm »

DFHack for Mac is possible, it's just that none of the DFHack developers have Macs. Peterix tried to get a hackintosh going a while back, and it failed spectacularly. As far as I know, all of the attempts to port DFHack to Mac were back before the major rewrite, so I don't think there's been any work done at all on it. Any help to get it working would be very much appreciated!  :D

I was looking for a solution. Then I decided to try wine. Really easy tutorial on wiki. Also works with DFHack.

It works fine, runs without a terminal window, and is just as fast, it looks like. That's what I do now.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 06, 2012, 08:13:54 pm »

I started having problems with StoneSense. Worked fine with only the occasional crash for quite a while. Then, it started crashing as soon as I would change z-level view even one level. In that time I did reveal a significant portion of the caverns but....I'd pretty much maxed out the z-level view after the caverns had been discovered and had no issues.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 06, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »

Just an fyi, one of the branch versions of Therapist has a vampire filter so you can spot them easily.  Seems enough people opposed vamps that they coded in a flag check.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 06, 2012, 11:42:03 pm »

Will DFHack need an updated build for 34.05, or just an updated xml file?

I miss it already  :(
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 07, 2012, 12:15:43 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 07, 2012, 12:17:56 pm »

0.34.05's changes were a lot more extensive than 0.34.04's, so I'd imagine it will take a little bit longer this time around.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #778 on: March 07, 2012, 03:29:38 pm »

One of the major data structures changed slightly (an extra pointer got added to what we call 'world'), so an updated XML won't be enough.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 07, 2012, 03:46:13 pm »

BLARGH!  x.x

I needs me some prospect!  That's the tool I use most.  Lets me ensure a site has all the big things:  Iron, flux, clay, sand, and no aquifers.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 373