Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1439718 times)

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2610 on: December 09, 2012, 10:36:19 am »

I'm not sure how I missed  the Mac version coming out 6 months ago...

I just want to report that I was able to get DFHack to work with Mac OSX 10.7.3, after much searching this thread.
I wasn't sure how to actually get it installed and working, as most guides don't include install info for Mac.
(Unzip to DF folder (or copy all contents to DF folder), and then click the DFHack icon.)
I plan to use DFHack for bugfixes (esp. patrol duty tweak) and FPS increasing (not sure how). I would appreciate advice - or a link to a new users guide or a FAQ perhaps.

Just saw your post castellan, good luck to you, fellow mac user.

Once you have it installed and running, using DFHack on the Mac is the same as using it on any other platform. You simply type the appropriate commands in the Terminal window it launches from.

As for a new users' guide...I dunno, I think the closest DFHack has right now is the README. You can also ask any question you want here, and usually get a pretty quick response, or if you like IRC, you can come to the #dfhack channel on Freenode and get real-time feedback.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: December 09, 2012, 04:21:55 pm »

I finally got dfhack to build thanks to help on the freenode irc #dfhack channel, instructions are as such

following original instructions here
https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/Compile.html
 for dependencies, I was able to build dfhack on windows diong the following

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:49:05 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: December 09, 2012, 05:58:29 pm »

what happened with dfusion embark modifier?  So I can change the # of dwarfs I start off with

it was called simple_embark
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:08:27 pm by thistleknot »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: December 09, 2012, 06:04:53 pm »

How would I hack an adventurer or companion to be a resident of some fort I wandered to? So that they'd be hanging around there (friendly or hostile) when I got there?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: December 10, 2012, 12:22:11 am »

what happened with dfusion embark modifier?  So I can change the # of dwarfs I start off with

it was called simple_embark
https://github.com/warmist/dfhack/blob/master/Readme.rst#id115
Code: [Select]
:lua require('plugins.dfusion.embark').Embark:install{{"RACE",CASTE_NUM},{"RACE2",CASTE_NUM2},....,{}}
this is done because there should not be any races.txt files that you need to manipulate in dfhack file tree. Some day i'll make a gui for it.

Edit: misread, simple_embark got misplaced, will readd. In the mean time you can use Embark instead.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:11:10 am by Warmist »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: December 10, 2012, 03:23:13 am »

Anyone know if the friendship plugin still works, and/or how to use it? I could really use some extra hands right now, and as it turns out many of my pets have them, but refuse to use them for anything remotely helpful.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: December 10, 2012, 03:27:13 am »

Anyone know if the friendship plugin still works, and/or how to use it? I could really use some extra hands right now, and as it turns out many of my pets have them, but refuse to use them for anything remotely helpful.
Which version and Os are you using? If it's r2 then you can edit dfusion/friendship/races.txt and then run dfusion and choose friendship

castellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: December 10, 2012, 03:30:46 am »

Yep, that was it. I had a previous copy of DF running insite an app bundle created with appify (https://gist.github.com/674099).

Once I moved the files outside of the app bundle, everything was golden.

Thank you!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: December 10, 2012, 03:40:43 am »

Which version and Os are you using? If it's r2 then you can edit dfusion/friendship/races.txt and then run dfusion and choose friendship

Windows, R2.

I entered "dfusion" and found friendship in the options menu. It works after adding the race to the list. Thanks.
The dingo men now have actual jobs listed in the units screen, but unfortunately I still can't assign labors to them, which I guess is because they still count as pets, or something. They're all running around picking up a bunch of "small" clothing which I guess came form cobald caravans I've been stealign from.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:42:36 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: December 10, 2012, 03:47:02 am »

Windows, R2.

I entered "dfusion" and found friendship in the options menu. It works after adding the race to the list. Thanks.
The dingo men now have actual jobs listed in the units screen, but unfortunately I still can't assign labors to them, which I guess is because they still count as pets, or something. They're all running around picking up a bunch of "small" clothing which I guess came form cobald caravans I've been stealign from.
There should be something like "make sentient", it sets the dingo men "CAN_LEARN" flag so they show the labor menu.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: December 10, 2012, 04:16:03 am »

When I run dfusion, select option 2 ("tools") and press 2 again ("Give Sentience") it prompts me to "Type race's token name in full caps to give sentience to:"

If I enter "DINGO_MAN" it gives me an error message:

[DFHack]# dfusion
No.     Name           Desc
  1   simple_embark A simple embark dwarf count editor
  2           tools some misc tools
  3          embark Multi race embark
  4      friendship Multi race fort enabler
  5           saves run current worlds's init.lua
  6       adv_tools some tools for (mainly) adventurer hacking
Select plugin to run (q to quit):2
Select choice (q exits):
  1).Set current race
  2).Give Sentience
  3).Embark anywhere
  4).Change Adventurer
  5).Make creature follow
  6).Empregnate
Type race's  token name in full caps to give sentience to:
DINGO_MAN
dfusion/tools/init.lua:46: Cannot read field vector<caste_raw*>.size: not found.
stack traceback:
        dfusion/init.lua:3: in function <dfusion/init.lua:1>
        [C]: in function '__index'
        dfusion/tools/init.lua:46: in function '?'
        dfusion/common.lua:268: in function 'display'
        dfusion/tools/plugin.lua:7: in main chunk
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        dfusion/init.lua:8: in function 'dofile'
        dfusion/init.lua:41: in function 'mainmenu'
        dfusion/init.lua:95: in main chunk
Select plugin to run (q to quit):

If I do the same thing, but enter "DINGO_MAN FEMALE" (or anything else with some other string of letters after "DINGO_MAN") it doesn't display an error. It just doesn't do anything, and it doesn't appear to have any effect in-game either.

Select plugin to run (q to quit):2
Select choice (q exits):
  1).Set current race
  2).Give Sentience
  3).Embark anywhere
  4).Change Adventurer
  5).Make creature follow
  6).Empregnate
Type race's  token name in full caps to give sentience to:
DINGO_MAN FEMALE

So what's going on here?
I make Spellcrafts!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:05 am »

When I run dfusion, select option 2 ("tools") and press 2 again ("Give Sentience") it prompts me to "Type race's token name in full caps to give sentience to:"

If I enter "DINGO_MAN" it gives me an error message:
<...>
So what's going on here?
Haha... looks like i forgot to update it. Quickfix: goto dfusion/tools/init.lua (with text editor) and delete line 46. Should fix it.

EDIT: and the alternative as I said is to add "CAN_LEARN" to dingo_man raws.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:23:54 am by Warmist »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: December 10, 2012, 04:26:34 am »

Wait wait! this just in!

I had a looksy in my raws at the C_variation_default.txt and creature_temperate_new.txt, and although I removed the line adding PET_EXOTIC to animal men in the creature variations, there was still a PET_EXOTIC tag in the creature definition for DINGO_MAN. After removing that, the "s: Ready for slaughter: (N)" line disappeared. Apparently, they are already sentient, but I didn't realize there was still a pet tag in their creature definition.

Sorry for the trouble, I should have been more thorough with checking their definitions. :-[
I make Spellcrafts!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: December 10, 2012, 10:21:56 pm »

Can I use DFusion to make an adventurer and/or companions be a resident in an area, so they'll be hanging around the map if the spot is embarked upon?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: December 10, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »

They will do that automatically
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 373