Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1443907 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r1
« Reply #2145 on: July 07, 2012, 05:37:58 pm »

In general with LUA, I'm pretty sure the worst that could happen is you lose your save or the game crashes. I guess if you WANTED to screw up other stuff you might do it with file operations, but that won't happen accidentally.

You won't cause memory leaks unless you're actually allocating memory, which you aren't. You're just changing existing memory.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2146 on: July 07, 2012, 06:24:12 pm »

what was the command/plugin that hides all tiles that are not pathable?

like if I sealed up the caves then moved my mouse cursor to the surface and used it. everything beyound that seal would be hidden.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 07, 2012, 06:59:20 pm »

I think revflood is what you're looking for.  Don't think it'll do what you want it to though, since it considers constructions transparent.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 07, 2012, 08:07:35 pm »

Thanks that was it, and yes if ignores constructions :/ I remember in older versions it counted constructed walls. Never the less nothing DFliquid can't fix with obsidain walls. Good think obsidian is the same color as my decorating theme.

How hard would it be to make a revflood script/plugin that would count constructions?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 07, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

Revflood was intentionally made to ignore constructions for a reason, which is becase deconstructing things doesn't actually reveal areas, while digging does, so if you wanted to go through that wall later, you wouldn't be able to because behind it would still be hidden.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: July 07, 2012, 09:38:19 pm »

You can download the source for DFhack, modify the code for a plugin, and then compile a copy of it.  I'm betting that since revflood used to not ignore constructions, you'll be commenting a chunk of code out instead of putting a new one in.

I did that to dfliquids once to refill candy tubes, but soon after that tubefill came out and did it better.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: July 07, 2012, 09:47:03 pm »

is the a way to make a constructed wall into a natural wall? for digging? without turning it into obsidian with "liquids"

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: July 07, 2012, 11:05:31 pm »

A walkthrough of workflow would be handy.  As detailed or generalized as can be.  I'll be trying it out for the first time on the fortress I'm just getting going.  Haven't used workflow before, just been abusing the Manager, lol.  As I understand it, it "suspends" then "un-suspends" work orders set to repeat in a workshop?  Will the un-suspension be put back to the workshop it was taken from?  If so, what about the case where said workshop is removed, destroyed, inaccessible, covered in magma, etc.?  Handy for cases such as glass works where you have a couple next to the surface for gathering, then a magma glass works at the sea for actually making things.

The README give syntax, but no real detail about Theory of Operation, which is what I really need for all of these Hax.

it took me about a week to get used to it and now i cannot live without it just as i can't live without DT.

i grabbed this script off someone else on the forums when first learning workflow:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

workflow works by finding a job that matches your command e.g my
workflow amount CHAIR 20
will match the first repeatable chair job that i create in either the wood, metal, stone or glass workshops and once matched, it will save that job number and monitor your stock levels of that item, if your workshop gets destroyed, the workflow order still exists but just doesn't have a job number to match until you create another workshop with a repeated chair order.

as to the "How-To" guide, this is what i do now, after 2 weeks of trial and error.
when i embark, i load the whole workflow script using the script command in dfhack. at the start none of the workflow orders can find jobs so u get all these yellow errors about cannot find job or something.
then i setup each of my industries and let workflow find the jobs
e.g, for furniture: build a carpenter, create a repeatable bed job. if you pause the game here and run workflow again, you'll see that the bed job has been found and there's a current count of beds: 0 and a target amount 20. in the mason, setup repeatable table, throne, armorstand, etc etc...
and that's it, ur mason and carpenter will continuously create these furniture until it reaches the target amount and when it does the job auto suspends.
so then i've dug out some living spaces and used quickfort to assign 20 bedrooms with a macro and off they go, all furniture is now used. you'll see in announcements that the jobs which were suspended are now 'resuming production: bed' etc etc...

i do this for food/drinks, clothing, metal bars + charcoal, containers (bins, buckets etc etc) so i rarely use the manager anymore... used to get RSI from manager spamming.

but with all my figuring out, i still haven't figured out how to do dying continuously... is that spelt right?

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: July 08, 2012, 08:28:38 am »

I posted this once before, but I know this thread gets busy and occasionally posts get overlooked. Anyway, is it possible with LUA to access traps (and possibly tracks, which I believe are implemented as traps), and fix them so that they are passable by wagons again?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: July 08, 2012, 08:35:21 am »

Tracks are not traps. Tracks are floors.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: July 08, 2012, 08:50:39 am »

but with all my figuring out, i still haven't figured out how to do dying continuously... is that spelt right?
Dying continuously is easy. Dyeing continuously, on the other hand, might be tricky.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 08, 2012, 11:54:12 am »

is the a way to make a constructed wall into a natural wall? for digging? without turning it into obsidian with "liquids"

Use tiletypes.  Using "paint shape wall", you can turn the shape of the tile into a wall of whatever material the tile was to begin with.  Might want to look in the DFhack readme first, and also look at how to use hotkeys with the command.

I posted this once before, but I know this thread gets busy and occasionally posts get overlooked. Anyway, is it possible with LUA to access traps (and possibly tracks, which I believe are implemented as traps), and fix them so that they are passable by wagons again?

My guess is that something changed in the hardcode to make all buildings block wagons, or at least classes of buildings including traps.  Nothing in the raws or structures seems to offer a way to fix it.

I simply started changing my designs.  You can make an effective trapped entrance using the following facts:

1) Wagons will go wherever they have to, as far as they have to, to use a clear route to your fort.

2) Gobbos and some megabeasts will take the fastest path to your fort, whether it passes through traps or not.

My solution is to just outline a long clear path with cage traps.  I then install weapon traps outside those.  The wagons take the path, everything else tries to cut across the sides and gets shredded or captured.  I also use pastures with tame dangerous animals inside the enclosure with my trade depot, but in front of the actual fort entrance.

Oh, I'm not sure if it's a problem with my raws, but every couple years the migrants bring a tame giant cave spider.  If you get them as well, don't put them in the defensive pasture.  Not only are they completely ineffective against helmed foes, they spray webs everywhere, including over the traps.  I didn't lose any dwarves in the fighting, but I lost several when the mechanics came out to clean the traps and got webbed while standing over them.  Blind cave bears work much better than GCSs.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:57:52 am by Makbeth »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: July 08, 2012, 12:27:25 pm »

The giant spider isn't a raw issue. Somebody, at some point in your civ's history, went and tamed one, and since then, they have had them as pets.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: July 10, 2012, 06:07:34 pm »

where do we get and how do we use the ruby plugin to use commands like removebadthoughts?  I am assuming that the ruby plugin doesn't come with the download since the commands don't work.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: July 10, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »

maybe you have to invoke "ruby" first, then the commands associated with it? Or did you try that?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 373