Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1440118 times)

Hesuchia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r1
« Reply #2070 on: July 01, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »

Yeah that's what I mean. Those only return the <vector: <string: 0xaddress>> line instead of the actual content.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 01, 2012, 04:32:20 pm »

Code: [Select]
print(df.global.world.raws.syndromes.all[50 or whatever].syn_affected_class[0].value)
Figured it out by doing

printall(df.global.world.raws.syndromes.all[50 or whatever].syn_affected_class[0])

Ery_Kray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 01, 2012, 04:35:56 pm »

I'm somewhat in trouble with dfusion.
I want to start a game with just two dwarves - male and female - almost without items. It's a challenge, yeap. I found an information that if i use dfusion, i can change initial dwarf number (the following commands in prompt: dfusion, 1, 2). It works until i start to embark: i see only two dwarves. But when i try to embark a game crashes.

I play DF rather rarely, so i might have missed smth. I use DF_Phoebus_34_11v00 with dfhack 0.34... copied into a game folder and ".text" being substituted by "Dwarf Fortess.exe" in common.lua file within dfusion folder. System is Win 7 x64.
So what's wrong?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 01, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »

I tried the same thing, and I got the same problem. Maybe it only works if you want to increase the number of starting dwarves.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 02, 2012, 03:13:22 am »

I heard many times that decreasing number of dwarfes is always crushing game. No way around found yet.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2075 on: July 02, 2012, 05:50:56 am »

Just embark with 7 and remove the extra dwarves...

Ery_Kray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 02, 2012, 05:58:14 am »

Thnx, people.

Just embark with 7 and remove the extra dwarves...
Yeap, i seems that there's no way to avoid it.

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 02, 2012, 12:10:36 pm »

I have a minor question.  What do the numbers in prospect all mean?  Are they the locations of the stone and ores?

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 02, 2012, 03:23:45 pm »

A typical prospector line:

TETRAHEDRITE :     30441 Z:  42..103
This means there are 30,441 tiles of tetrahedrite ore on the map.  Z: 42...103 means they are located from z-levels 42 to 103.  This does not mean they are on every level from 42 to 103 though, it just means the uppermost vein(s) are on 103 and the lowermost on 42.  You could very well have something like 20 levels in between somewhere that does not have the substance in question.  There's also the column you get when you ask for value, that states the material value of the item.

Careful reading of the prospect all report can help you determine where the caverns and magma are on the map:  the highest point for tower-caps and fungiwoods will give you an idea of where cavern 1 is, and the lowest point should be near the bottom of cavern 2.  The location of plants like nether-caps will tell you where cavern 3 is.  The listing for magma near the top will tell you how far down you have to dig to get some.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Hesuchia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 02, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »

A quick script for those tired of noble demands/mandates. Save raw editing didn't seem to work for those who were already nobles, but this takes care of their max demands/mandates >.>.  It takes care of all nobles at once. Searches your dwarves to see who's a noble, in those dwarves it filters which positions they have, and then it searches each position to see if it has max demands or mandates greater than 0 and sets them to 0.  I don't think it'll help if there's already a demand/mandate in effect but it pre-empts future ones.
for k,v in ipairs(df.global.world.units.all) do
if dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v) then
for kk,vv in pairs(dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)) do
local mmax = dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)[kk].position.mandate_max
local dmax = dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)[kk].position.demand_max
if mmax >= 1 or dmax >= 1 then
dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)[kk].position.mandate_max = 0
dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)[kk].position.demand_max = 0
end
end
end
end

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 02, 2012, 09:08:36 pm »

A quick script for those tired of noble demands/mandates. Save raw editing didn't seem to work for those who were already nobles, but this takes care of their max demands/mandates >.>.  It takes care of all nobles at once. Searches your dwarves to see who's a noble, in those dwarves it filters which positions they have, and then it searches each position to see if it has max demands or mandates greater than 0 and sets them to 0.  I don't think it'll help if there's already a demand/mandate in effect but it pre-empts future ones.
for k,v in ipairs(df.global.world.units.all) do
if dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v) then
for kk,vv in pairs(dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)) do
local mmax = dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)[kk].position.mandate_max
local dmax = dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)[kk].position.demand_max
if mmax >= 1 or dmax >= 1 then
dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)[kk].position.mandate_max = 0
dfhack.units.getNoblePositions(v)[kk].position.demand_max = 0
end
end
end
end

Nice!  That is a great script, Hesuchia, well done.

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 02, 2012, 09:44:14 pm »

Hello!

Trying to get the workflow command figured out but when I try (for instance):
workflow count DRINK 120 30
I get an error in the Dwarf Fortress message log stating
Cannot produce: drink

Am I doing something wrong? I'm quite inexperienced with DFHack & Dwarf Fortress so it wouldn't be unheard of! :)
As far as I know I have all necessary ingredients for the drinks.
I'm playing Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 & the most recent version of DFHack.

TIA

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 02, 2012, 11:25:35 pm »

Hello!

Trying to get the workflow command figured out but when I try (for instance):
workflow count DRINK 120 30
I get an error in the Dwarf Fortress message log stating
Cannot produce: drink

Am I doing something wrong? I'm quite inexperienced with DFHack & Dwarf Fortress so it wouldn't be unheard of! :)
As far as I know I have all necessary ingredients for the drinks.
I'm playing Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 & the most recent version of DFHack.

TIA
create a job to brew drinks and set it on repeat.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 03, 2012, 02:40:46 am »

Hi, I was wondering...

how far have we come with the ability to change game modes? Last time I checked I was able to change from dwarf mode to adventurer mode, taking one of my dwarves to an adventure. But once I left the fortress, it was impossible to come back and play the fortress again - it was like if it were abandoned. Have there been any new developments? Can we get back to playing the fortress now?

Thanks.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: July 03, 2012, 03:23:13 am »

Hi, I was wondering...

how far have we come with the ability to change game modes? Last time I checked I was able to change from dwarf mode to adventurer mode, taking one of my dwarves to an adventure. But once I left the fortress, it was impossible to come back and play the fortress again - it was like if it were abandoned. Have there been any new developments? Can we get back to playing the fortress now?

Thanks.
well we already found out how to switch back and forth between modes. Way back when mode came out. what happen development wise is that the guys how knew kinda posted how in the thread and it got swallowed by new posts. let a lone switching back to a fort kinda complicated since you need to jump into a recent fort mode made Fort, any other forts will give you about a ingame week before ending it. you can cheeze this by jumping in and out of the site after the week is up but it's more a pain than just going to the last retire/abandon fort. next is that you need to be a member of the fort to safely switch back, if not then you must either retire there as a dwarf and try again, use dfusion to set the character up or un-toggle the is resident flag on the citizens. once you even do that if you care about the site structure you need to remove all new designations that pop up from the switching. once that done your in fort mode now! oh and if you had any companions they will follow the adventure around.
I posted the script needed to remove the is resident flag on citizens for the new dfhack I couple a pages back.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:57:50 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 373