Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286480 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9255 on: December 31, 2011, 12:46:31 am »

Even if it's a large island nation, it's still a full season away
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: December 31, 2011, 12:57:55 am »

I can't help but think that Terenos got the short end of the stick. Raiders were not exactly know for being pious men who'd cringe at pillaging a holy city. Most importantly, he went straight to Moun, how could the priests have gotten word of what had transpired in Nalia and mobilized a fightning force BEFORE he reached the gates? Also, the whole event ended up being a "Rocks fall, roll for a reflex save or suffer gruesome loss".

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: December 31, 2011, 01:07:10 am »

And i'm sure that even if my bandits were ridiculously religious they could find temples of an opposing faith to sack. And a morale check is bunk cause I led them to 2 wonderful raids, and was making money.. And apparently a city of priests (who no one attacks) keeps a standing army around.
Not to mention Nuke was complaining about the lack of religious people in the IRC prior to rolling for my raid at Moun.. And my char, is mostly athiest.

But its okay. Really. If I roll again, I won't have a bunch of enemies I have to dodge(And, since the only thing left to play is merchant, a pure start much stronger than what I had) I'm just not feeling up to it.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: December 31, 2011, 01:13:36 am »

I can't help but think that Terenos got the short end of the stick. Raiders were not exactly know for being pious men who'd cringe at pillaging a holy city. Most importantly, he went straight to Moun, how could the priests have gotten word of what had transpired in Nalia and mobilized a fightning force BEFORE he reached the gates? Also, the whole event ended up being a "Rocks fall, roll for a reflex save or suffer gruesome loss".

My issue was more how i dont think we've ever established a standing army in Moun, and the post makes it look like civilians took out 2 armed regiments.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: December 31, 2011, 02:15:53 am »

In practice, they received the message and raised a trained militia, in this case warrior-priests, before the raiders themselves could reach them in a straightline through the same terrain. How does that add up?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: December 31, 2011, 02:58:05 am »

I shall, once again ask if my character is accepted.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: December 31, 2011, 06:27:49 am »

To give the otherwise wide-open religion of Taloisism some decent taboos:

Mining, quarrying, and any other activities involving copious digging, are taboo, and should be shunned/avoided as much as possible, lest you stir the Deep Ones from their slumber beneath the earth.

You oughta update the Taloisism wiki page with your ideas, Nuke. That sounds pretty fitting, although the Deep Ones lay in the abyss in the bottom of the sea and not just underground.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: December 31, 2011, 07:43:01 am »

Seeing how large chunk of civilization exists because people have metals and stone to work with this seems pretty stupid of a ban.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: December 31, 2011, 07:49:53 am »

Hey Cyber, will Franz be spared from the fight or killed?

I would like him to live of course.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: December 31, 2011, 07:51:43 am »

Seeing how large chunk of civilization exists because people have metals and stone to work with this seems pretty stupid of a ban.

QFT.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: December 31, 2011, 09:39:42 am »

I'm thinkin' that Laythe might be contacted by members of another unlawfully-deposed-by-republicans ruling dynasty from Vasir, who without doubt still hunger for their rightful throne.

These thoughts are in no way motivated by my wish to see the Yl Marchis line and the Duchy of Vasir restored. And as I can't really do anything without a character switch, I can only hope our merciful GMs agree with these thoughts and let the monarchists of the Storm Coast unite.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: December 31, 2011, 09:42:46 am »

I'm thinkin' that Laythe might be contacted by members of another unlawfully-deposed-by-republicans ruling dynasty from Vasir, who without doubt still hunger for their rightful throne.

These thoughts are in no way motivated by my wish to see the Yl Marchis line and the Duchy of Vasir restored. And as I can't really do anything without a character switch, I can only hope our merciful GMs agree with these thoughts and let the monarchists of the Storm Coast unite.

Oh you.
Its just the matter of time before the reactionary powers will be crushed to preserve the freedom of the republic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:02:15 am by Ardas »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: December 31, 2011, 09:56:22 am »

Well I have more free-time now, and am planning on jumping back into this.

Spoiler: Simon Tusnia (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Um .. which cities currently have players in them? (I can't seem to find the names >.>)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:15:43 am by adwarf »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: December 31, 2011, 10:16:00 am »

Personal Belonging: A Pair of Twin Swords, a Longsword, a large Two-Handed sword, and a Katana

Hrrrnnngh. But then again, I'm not playing, nor am I a GM. Just couldn't stop that groan from slippin' out. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: December 31, 2011, 10:24:43 am »

It's true the katana is a little much, but I'm personally biased against that weapon anyway (I really, really hate them because everyone overrates them) so you can disregard that. Anyway, cities:

Ligoria: Me, Dwarmin, Ardas, Shootandrun, Nuke9.13, leone313, vagel7, Iiteum
Polca: thatkid, filiusenox, micelus, Sheb? (He might be in Shola)

I think that's everyone. I have no idea who DH is playing or where he is... ^^^;
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:26:15 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 634