Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286504 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9240 on: December 30, 2011, 04:44:53 pm »

I leave for one day and a revolution happens...

Anyway, CG can you respond to dialogue?

"Not any current laws...But soon there will be under the new leadership. As for me, I'm Retcyl Jementeten of Hatcur. If you kill me, very well...You'll probably all be forced to...Perform your services without pay...and then under go a religious education program. I hear that many go mad from listening."

Question: would Ligoria be willing to pass a trade agreement with Hatcur?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:46:51 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: December 30, 2011, 04:46:35 pm »

Depends on what Hatcur has to offer.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: December 30, 2011, 04:47:51 pm »

Hugo sent you a letter telling you to get over here ASAP so you can meddle as much as you like with the city's politics in these formative stages. Bring money and support and they will welcome you with open arms. (probably)
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: December 30, 2011, 04:50:39 pm »

Which is why I want to finish up the dialogue in Polca.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: December 30, 2011, 06:23:39 pm »

Name: Kyrin "Tundra" Lang (Formerly known as "Sub Zero")
Description: Kyrin has close-cropped black hair, is about average height, and despite his strength is lithe and agile rather than heavily built. He has a single frosty blue eye, the other being a milky white as a result of an injury he suffered years into the past. A thin scar also runs through the milky white eye, hinting as to the cause of the injury. He tends to dress in a black form-fitting uniform, with a mixture of blue highlights.
Background: Kyrin comes from the Udanese High Kingdom, the exile of an ancient clan who has worked from the shadows in the service of the Udanese Sorcerer King Shao Khan for centuries. His is an art passed down through his blood-line, a careful blending of elemental magic and deadly unarmed fighting techniques to create a powerful warrior capable of devastating many a foe. For Kyrin's clan, all combat is Mortal Combat. Still, after refusing to hunt down and capture a friend, and exiled engineer of the clan, code-named "Cyrax", Kyrin was branded an exile. He has since fled for his life, finding his way all the way south to Ligoria. It is here that he hopes to ply his trade, making a name for himself in the process. He has also heard word that a powerful assassin from Lonemine known simply as "Arachnid" has come to hide in Ligoria, and so he seeks this figure out as well, hoping to avenge his deceased brother Tobias.
Starting resources:
A major skill/power: Cryomancy, Spy Training, Hand to Hand Combat Expertise
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: December 30, 2011, 06:27:28 pm »

Name: Kyrin "Tundra" Lang (Formerly known as "Sub Zero")
Description: Kyrin has close-cropped black hair, is about average height, and despite his strength is lithe and agile rather than heavily built. He has a single frosty blue eye, the other being a milky white as a result of an injury he suffered years into the past. A thin scar also runs through the milky white eye, hinting as to the cause of the injury. He tends to dress in a black form-fitting uniform, with a mixture of blue highlights.
Background: Kyrin comes from the Udanese High Kingdom, the exile of an ancient clan who has worked from the shadows in the service of the Udanese Sorcerer King Shao Khan for centuries. His is an art passed down through his blood-line, a careful blending of elemental magic and deadly unarmed fighting techniques to create a powerful warrior capable of devastating many a foe. For Kyrin's clan, all combat is Mortal Combat. Still, after refusing to hunt down and capture a friend, and exiled engineer of the clan, code-named "Cyrax", Kyrin was branded an exile. He has since fled for his life, finding his way all the way south to Ligoria. It is here that he hopes to ply his trade, making a name for himself in the process. He has also heard word that a powerful assassin from Lonemine known simply as "Arachnid" has come to hide in Ligoria, and so he seeks this figure out as well, hoping to avenge his deceased brother Tobias.
Starting resources:
A major skill/power: Cryomancy, Spy Training, Hand to Hand Combat Expertise

lolwut

Are you abandoning your other character? If so, you better not be playing as the Mortal Kombat: Annihilation version of Sub-Zero... >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: December 30, 2011, 07:55:45 pm »

Nuke, raids are combat rolls - not event rolls 0.o

Im confused...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:57:48 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: December 30, 2011, 08:08:58 pm »

To give the otherwise wide-open religion of Taloisism some decent taboos:

Mining, quarrying, and any other activities involving copious digging, are taboo, and should be shunned/avoided as much as possible, lest you stir the Deep Ones from their slumber beneath the earth.

Nuke, raids are combat rolls - not event rolls 0.o

Im confused...
Me too. Raid rolls are to check against a fixed difficulty whether the raiders avoid combat, followed by a roll for how much they nick.
Terenos failed to avoid combat, which caused, given the already abysmal moral of his troops, a moral check, which he failed, causing him to flee, whereupon he was caught, and destroyed in combat.
Terenos opted to die.
Long Live United Forenia!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: December 30, 2011, 08:14:35 pm »

I expected Moun to have less troops, given the wiki says it lacks military strength. But I suppose priests are very militant in the Storm Coase. And besides, since I was planning to take my funds acquired through raiding and do something more legitimate with them.. I can always just start again as a merchant with absolutely 0 enemies. Less fun certainly but if those are my options, why take the penalty?

Course I probably wont be rolling up a new character. It was fun while it lasted. *tips hat* Be seeing you all.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:17:23 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: December 30, 2011, 08:18:39 pm »

We're also supposed to be trying to avoid instantly killing players -.-

W/e...just good to know troops randomly show up in moun AND extra rolls are being thrown into mechanics already in place.

To be fair, he left that open with the 'if they object' part
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:30:26 pm by CyberGenesis »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: December 30, 2011, 11:40:42 pm »

I can't help but think it would be awfully impractical to set up a trade route all the way south from Hatcur to Ligoria. A continent spamming Empire ought to have little to no interest into a city-state that far from its area of influence, specially given how the setting does not provide advanced enough technology or sufficiently common magic for long range transportation to be inexpensive. Still, if you want to go through with it, I suggest resorting to Ligoria producing a trade good which is altogether unobtainable in Hatcur, akin to how Spice Routes managed to be profitable in spite of the costs involved.

That aside, dont I need a roll to sneak through Polca's streets undetected?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:03:44 am by Azthor »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: December 31, 2011, 12:03:02 am »

I did say before that copper and tin were hard to acquire in Hatcur. Also, would you mind if I were to integrate you into the Expedition™?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: December 31, 2011, 12:07:50 am »

I did say before that copper and tin were hard to acquire in Hatcur. Also, would you mind if I were to integrate you into the Expedition™?

I won't bother looking it up, it wouldn't matter if you had mentioned it before or not, as long as you have something in mind that fulfills the role, it will feel sound. Still, that leads me to wonder wheter Hatcuri, having probably altogether skipped the use of bronze, may be on the way to creating steel.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: December 31, 2011, 12:08:46 am »

Hatcur itself is actually a small island nation to the FAR SW of the Storm Coast and FAR south's locale
-currently there is a map -of- it, not -where- it is.

But yeah, without something precious - there's no logic for the route. It'd be like 1 ship/season ever making it there and back, and likely even then it'd end up an automated route. Which from the NPC perspective is meaningless, it'd basically just give access to another resource (like iron in Galam).

Copper and Tin: High Avail in the west! Upper and Lower Eelspine have some - but they're a tad outside our scope here....unless some lazy ass king(s) start uniting the Coast

EDIT: And now to catch up on dialogue in Polca

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: December 31, 2011, 12:16:30 am »

I thought it was SE? Always imagined it as quite large though. Meh, doesn't really matter.

As for the route, it's pretty much a "reason" (can't remember the word) to appease the traditional factions for reaching out into the world. The more innovative/radical factions want to use the trade route to facilitate the movement of ideas and philosophies.

Yes, I am asspulling ideas to justify the Expedition :P.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:22:05 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 634