Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286621 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9045 on: December 15, 2011, 08:31:21 pm »

1d6, the rolls are as follow:

1: -20 to training
2: -10
3: +10
4: +20
5: +30
6: -10

You need a total of 100 trainings points to become better at something.

Thanks for clarifying that part, now I only need someone to tell me about how magic roll modifiers are handled if they'd lead the roll to reach or exceed 6, generating, respectively, a negative and an unspecified result.

Edit: Nevermind, I read the rules once more and it does cover these cases.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:07:48 pm by Azthor »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: December 15, 2011, 09:01:59 pm »

It goes like this see.
JUST DO IT DAMN IT.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: December 15, 2011, 10:32:59 pm »

Name: Azkhael Konj'hirath.

Description: A middle-aged hatcuri male of average stature with a large amount of dark, golden-hued scales and a bony crown of spikes adorning his head. He seems to be wearing a ornamented set of light chainmail, which stretches up to just past his collarbone. The armor is mostly covered by full regalia, gilded gloves, boots, robe and cloak, the later accompanied by a similarly decorated hood which hides his face. Under the hood, attached through a set of chains to the torso stands a black metallic facemask, wreathed by a silvery serpent shaped circlet bearing an empty socket. An engraved gnarled staff rests amidst his right hand, a symbol of mage hood among the Curiates' inhabitants.

Background:

Born to greater nobility, back in the Mainland, Azkhael's upbringing left little to desire, giving him a vast base of knowledge which would serve him well for the rest of his life. His unnatural magical prowess was discovered early in his life by direct relatives, being sent away at the age of fifty, his formal education concluded, to study under the tutelage of a Mage-Lord in the Curates. Inspired by what he'd learnt of the First Emperor's reign and ungodly magical mastery, Azkhael quickly took to his newfound way of life, giving his all to the apprenticeship.

The ordeal contributed heavily strengthen his belief in the Empire's decadence and the necessity of bringing about a new age, marked by arcane supremacy, as the one under which the Hatcur of old prospered. Overall, a result of his eccentric yet powerful mentor's obsession with Ancient Hatcur, a trait which soon came to be shared among the two of them. A century and a half of dedication to The Art would pass before the Mage-Lord would think his apprentice ready to join him in his research on the artifacts of yore as a fellow wizard, granting him an engraved staff which would henceforth serve as symbol of his standing. Yet it was not meant to be, for eight hundred years was too long a life even for a longevous hatcuri as his mentor was.

Only on his deathbed did the Mage-Lord finally part with his greatest secret, lying within a vault deep into the tower's dungeons, protected by scores of spirits, bound to the area through an adjacent ley line. Azkhael, now the tower's sole proprietor, a custom among the more reclusive mages, set to tap into the magical source, slowly altering its guardians' bindings through the years so that he'd be able to claim what was now his by right. Nearly a decade passed, the vault had finally been turned in full, allowing him entrance.

There he found but a map, the fruit of centuries of research, and a richly decorated garment bearing a peculiar circlet, eerily akin to the description of what he knew to be a long lost imperial artifact. The crown bore no magic itself, as far he could determine, yet it stood as a symbol of power within Hatcur, an artifact better left unfound lest a truly worthy emperor, no less no more than a mage, rise to the throne. Upon further inspection, the map had several landmasses outlined, indicating the location where certain items of great renown, mundane and magic alike, were lost...

Most notably, Omat-Ebect, bearing the circlet's image, was crossed out, which meant it had probably been mistakenly placed among the immense amount of gifts granted to the region's nobility in the empire's early days, after which it was somehow retrieved by his mentor. In spite of the innumerous opportunities which lie within the map, what now held Azkhael's attention truly was the circlet's socket, far too pronounced to be a mere engraving. With the item's nature and condition determined, his path was set clearly before him: he'd have the completed crown and the remainder of the lost Crown Jewels, under his possession; Nothing less would do. (...)

Using the resources once availiable to his deceased master and family, now the sole inhertor to both, he manages to determine the missing gem's likey whereabouts, having learnt of an artifact pursued by a now disbanded Holy Order. (...)

Traits:

- Noble

- Hatcuri

- Wizard
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:57:45 pm by Azthor »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: December 15, 2011, 11:56:57 pm »

I don't think it's bad, but I'm no GM.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: December 16, 2011, 02:08:04 am »

Backstory is nice, gives us a place to start when we wanna give you an arc of some sort - we're more concerned with what you want to start with and your overall starting goals.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: December 16, 2011, 11:42:00 am »

Right. Hacturi expeditions to the north are rare, and given that micelus is already representing the Hacturi up there it would be difficult to have Azkhael arrive on a direct ship.
But he could have taken short trips, from port to port, and arrive in [wherever] on a merchant vessel. And then he is looking for the crown jewels of the Hacturi Empire, right?
Traits: Well, hacturi wizard is two already. The character looks basically fine, and- I must stress- traits do nothing, so defining a third one isn't much use. Its not like you would start at a disadvantage from not having three traits.

I think if no one else objects we can tentatively OK a hacturi wizard on a treasure hunt riding in on the next tide.

Also, Season Ending- how are folks feeling about this happening in the next few days? Too soon? Not soon enough?
Long Live United Forenia!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: December 16, 2011, 11:56:25 am »

Right. Hacturi expeditions to the north are rare, and given that micelus is already representing the Hacturi up there it would be difficult to have Azkhael arrive on a direct ship.
But he could have taken short trips, from port to port, and arrive in [wherever] on a merchant vessel. And then he is looking for the crown jewels of the Hacturi Empire, right?
Traits: Well, hacturi wizard is two already. The character looks basically fine, and- I must stress- traits do nothing, so defining a third one isn't much use. Its not like you would start at a disadvantage from not having three traits.

I think if no one else objects we can tentatively OK a hacturi wizard on a treasure hunt riding in on the next tide.

Also, Season Ending- how are folks feeling about this happening in the next few days? Too soon? Not soon enough?

I suppose I might as well make "Noble" the third, given the background I gave, wouldn't that be fitting? Also,you are right about jewels, but is there anything solid defined on the Mystic Blue Gem of Aknor or is it safe to turn it into part of the circlet?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:59:47 am by Azthor »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: December 16, 2011, 11:59:39 am »

Sounds about right, from my POV. I'll put up my official season actions in the thread right now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: December 16, 2011, 12:29:29 pm »

YES! END THIS SEAON ALREADY!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: December 16, 2011, 01:18:21 pm »

Yeah, we're just about ready.

Anybody wanna character dream sequence while we wait, btw? I've thought of good ones for Sheb and Filiusnox...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: December 16, 2011, 01:33:14 pm »

Yeah, we're just about ready.

Anybody wanna character dream sequence while we wait, btw? I've thought of good ones for Sheb and Filiusnox...
Im automagically intrigued.
Also. I agree with three days. Hopefully CG isn't to busy or lets Nuke roll for the Polca Arcs.
Most of William's dreams are nightmares.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:35:44 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: December 16, 2011, 01:48:29 pm »

I'm also very intrigued.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: December 16, 2011, 02:29:58 pm »

@Vagel: Hmm, it will be tough for you-I don't know your characters personality or long term goals, thing you might want to reserve for future roleplaying.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: December 16, 2011, 02:48:58 pm »

You can do that Dwarmin. Need to post BTW. Also, can my season action be training from the time I spent in the army? Fencing especially?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: December 16, 2011, 03:25:08 pm »

Question to the GMs: Do you know if you are going to change the Industrial Business thingy? Because I wanted to spend some money to start actually producing wine every season, and last time we talked about this pretty much everyone agreed to say that businesses were a little OP (I could make 12.2 ducats every year at that rate).

An idea that I had was that instead of making money based on which good was produced, we could work with the business size. For exemple, instead of making 2.8 ducat every season for every good produced, I could get one ducat every season +1 at the end of the year if I have a business size one, 2 ducats every season +2 at the end of the year if I have a size 2, and so on. As a bonus, the business would create goods, but instead of getting a direct profit to the owner, they could be used for other things (HQ lumber business would provide more lumber per year to the kingdom (useful for archers), wine business would provide more wine that merchants could buy, etc).

Tell me if I'm not explaining well...
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 634