Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286674 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9000 on: December 15, 2011, 01:35:28 pm »

Righteous.

Azthor, I hate to say this... but that does not sound like a viable character. The logical result of an insane hacturi wizard trying to wander around the Storm Coast with no real purpose is said wizard being arrested and either executed or imprisoned indefinitely.
Even if you managed to avoid this fate, insane characters are not actually fun. See: Laythe bodyslamming AF. That was not fun. And that was just using mundane powers. An insane wizard who fails his sanity check, then blows up an entire city (which happens to contain half the PCs in the game) is not fun.
And being old and crippled is not fun. Balancing that with massive magical powers does not help. In fact, it makes it worse.

Might I suggest removing the insane cripple aspect, and 'just' playing an apprentice hacturi magic user, searching the storm coast for some ancient magical artefact.

He cannot really use magic anymore, insane or not, but I can agree to the other points you raised. What kind of artifact would be acceptable and what would be an appropriate age for a Hatcuri Apprentice?

Obs: Nice 'just', something tells me that a 6 while tapping into a leyline being cataclysmic wasn't an exaggeration.

As for the cannons, I'd suggest balancing Heavy Firepower with some sort of logistic mali, after all, transporting artillery always slowed down real world armies.
The Mystic Blue Gem of Aknor

It's real, the ancient Order of the Silver Bull said so right up until King Sigurd decided they weren't allowed to be around anymore for failing to find it.

That sounds like a mighty fine option. What is it supposed to do that'd make it sought after? Or is that simply left for would be searchers to imagine based on the "mystic" part?
We never fleshed that out, since the only people who ever even knew about it IC were not the sort to know that kind of thing (a thief who followed his "guardian angel" right into a cell in Elbreth's dungeon, and a history book). As a studied Hatcuri Mage-apprentice, though, I'm sure your character might know. Or not! Maybe that's why he's seeking it?

So yeah, it's basically the "mystic" part.

Alright, now for the last question, if you start with no ducats and no regiments, just a set of traits, would there be any means of gaining money on your own or would you have to offer your services for a small sum and hope that someone hires you?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: December 15, 2011, 02:03:12 pm »

Bring Will back to ligoria and start that damn arms manufacture.

I would, but I can't do anything until CG or some other GM (or GM approved player) rolls my turn...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: December 15, 2011, 02:05:38 pm »

I would, but I can't do anything until CG or some other GM (or GM approved player) rolls my turn...

I would like to invest. What would the profits be and I would like a share of the business. Currently I can invest 1 ducat, but I might be able to invest 2 ducats when I finish this job.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: December 15, 2011, 02:07:52 pm »

I would like to invest.

Eh...I wanted to start a bank in Polca before I headed to Ligoria.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: December 15, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »

I would like to invest.

Eh...I wanted to start a bank in Polca before I headed to Ligoria.

I want to invest anyway.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: December 15, 2011, 02:25:15 pm »

I would like to invest. What would the profits be and I would like a share of the business. Currently I can invest 1 ducat, but I might be able to invest 2 ducats when I finish this job.

3d a year for the first level, and your controlling share of the business would be 49% no matter how much you invested. You would receive 50% of the profits though.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: December 15, 2011, 02:26:17 pm »

3d a year for the first level, and your controlling share of the business would be 49% no matter how much you invested. You would receive 50% of the profits though.

I agree on those terms, now I must try and get 2 more ducats.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: December 15, 2011, 02:27:05 pm »

its only 3d to build it for 1d/yr returns

In other news: I'll get to rolling tonight. I spent yesterday in and out of the ER with my fiance so i lost the day to doing anything at all really. If it needs to be roll, kindly PM me a link or post it here
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: December 15, 2011, 02:30:42 pm »

its only 3d to build it for 1d/yr returns

In other news: I'll get to rolling tonight. I spent yesterday in and out of the ER with my fiance so i lost the day to doing anything at all really. If it needs to be roll, kindly PM me a link or post it here

That seems to be extremely slow business. I will invest 3 ducats and get 1 ducat per year, it will take 3 years to make it even?!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: December 15, 2011, 02:33:29 pm »

Here, I'll link all the Polca rolls that need doing here...
Holdon.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: December 15, 2011, 02:34:45 pm »

They're not meant to be fast. Read the business rules.

Banks are also allowed to loan out money, if you're simply an invester you might get away without having to pay back small loans.
-You can use the loans to fund other operations like trade
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: December 15, 2011, 02:43:26 pm »

At this point, it's probably easier to invade some lands somewhere. Mileth only get 3 regiments left, right?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: December 15, 2011, 02:49:35 pm »

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:00:37 pm by filiusenox »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: December 15, 2011, 02:51:56 pm »

Wait a minute Fil, if I invest 3 ducats, then you don't have to invest anything.

Also, if I would say make a bank in some other town with almost no player activity, will I still make a good profit?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:59:17 pm by vagel7 »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: December 15, 2011, 03:00:20 pm »

Actually, CG stated it will cost 10d.
So I'm not going to do that.

Also: Does the Taloist religion say that bathing is a sin?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:05:15 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 634