Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286830 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8940 on: December 13, 2011, 12:07:08 am »

I dunno. Mountains?
Unclaimed land?
Impenetrable haunted/demonic forest land, that kills and descrates all travelers who enter?
A massive crag of death?
Or maybe just more UHK.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:11:55 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:47 am »

I dunno. Mountains?
Impenetrable haunted/demonic forest land, that kills and descrates all travelers who enter?
A massive crag of death?
Or maybe just more UDHK.

Did you mange to secure a map? Also, now that I think about it, the forest, unlikely as it is, wuld be one grand defense system. Probably not UDHK or it would be so ridiculously extensive that it could have obliterated the DE long ago.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: December 13, 2011, 12:16:22 am »

Did you mange to secure a map?

Of North of the UHK...?
Uh no....not really, I mostly just worked on merging the new game area and the old game area and making one cohesive area...The Northlands are impossible to conquer and worthless econimically.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: December 13, 2011, 12:19:16 am »

Did you mange to secure a map?

Of North of the UHK...?
Uh no....not really, I mostly just worked on merging the new game area and the old game area and making one cohesive area...The Northlands are impossible to conquer and worthless econimically.

By impossible to conquer do you mean that even armed peasants would have ridiculously high strength bonuses, shattering all that dares face them? Oh well, I don't see how I could play a Northlandish Warlord though, the area is surrounded by two major powerhouses and is, in itself, unconquerable.

I'd say that their pantheon really does sum them up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:25:36 am by Azthor »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: December 13, 2011, 12:28:23 am »

It's solid bloody ice and snow, most armies would freeze to death, if they weren't properly equipped with thick furs.

By impossible to conquer do you mean that even armed peasants wouldhave ridiculously high strength bonuses, shattering all that dares face them? Oh well, I don't see how I could play a Northlandish Warlord though, the area is surrounded by two major powerhouses and is, in itself, unconquerable.
I dunno about the modifiers.
The place itself ain't unconquerable, its just really hard and sorta a weird thing to do, namely because there aren't any gains from it for a real empire, besides a formidable army- if you ever could subdue the clans and get them to follow you((It has been done numerous times))- and a wobbly kingdom with no sense of humor, honor or luxury.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:31:13 am by filiusenox »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: December 13, 2011, 12:31:28 am »

It's solid bloody ice and snow, most armies would freeze to death, if they weren't properly equipped with thick furs.

By impossible to conquer do you mean that even armed peasants wouldhave ridiculously high strength bonuses, shattering all that dares face them? Oh well, I don't see how I could play a Northlandish Warlord though, the area is surrounded by two major powerhouses and is, in itself, unconquerable.
I dunno about the modifiers.
The place itself ain't unconquerable, its just really hard and sorta a weird thing to do, namely because there aren't any gains from it, besides a formidable army- if you ever could subdue the clans and get them to follow you((It has been done numerous times))- and a wobbly kingdom.

Pointless, ridiculously hard and outright weird? Sounds like something I'd do, alright. Would there be anyone willing to narrate should I actually try it though? As for it having been done numerous times, does that refer to the Northlands or simply to uniting several clans?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: December 13, 2011, 12:35:36 am »

The Northlands have been united many times before in their long history, but usaully after about ten,thirty, fifty years some clan comes along and forces it back into anarchy.
Then theres about a hundred years of raiding and pillaging and forgetting, and some other guy comes along and reunites it.

They don't even keep track of how many empires come and go anymore.

I could run it.
Although I need a few Gm's approval.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:37:53 am by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: December 13, 2011, 12:36:47 am »

I'll help, if needed.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: December 13, 2011, 12:37:35 am »

The Northlands have been united many times before in their long history, but usaully after about ten,thirty, fifty years some clan comes along and forces it back into anarchy.
The theirs about a hundred years of raiding and pillaging and forgetting, and some other guy comes along and reunites it.

They don't even keep track of how many empires come and go anymore.

Ah, I see, not a player feat thn, just lore. Still, wheter it is the Northlands, the Green Empire of Ztah, it does ultimately come down to wheter there is anyone willing to narrate. Any thoughts on this?

EDIT: You posted as I wrte, Micelus, thanks for the support. The same goes for you Filiusenox, you must've answered at least a dozen of my lore freak questions.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:39:29 am by Azthor »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:46 am »

Reread my edited post, since I just came up with all of this and came up with the idea of the Northlands in the first place back in YAK1...I would really like to run it...

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: December 13, 2011, 12:42:26 am »

Reread my edited post, since I just came up with all of this and came up with the idea of the Northlands in the first place back in YAK1...I would really like to run it...

Sounds good to me, although I suppose you could use help given how large the Northlands and the surrounding Empires are. I really have no idea of how to insert standard rules there though, all land features will have to come from scratch.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: December 13, 2011, 12:48:15 am »

Yeah, it's another game entirely...Difficult to get anything done up there I'd reckon.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: December 13, 2011, 12:49:24 am »

Yeah, it's another game entirely...Difficult to get anything done up there I'd reckon.

Which, let's admit, is the whole point of contemplating doing it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:51:10 am by Azthor »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: December 13, 2011, 12:51:48 am »

It would YAK on hard mode...if approved...

Basically what I was thinking was .5d instead of 2d per parcel. You have to speak with independent shepards and get them to graze their cattle on your land before you can make any money from the parcels. Raiding checks every season and other assorted nastiness, up to and including having to sacrafice regiments to the Samhain brotherhood if they come to call...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:55:07 am by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: December 13, 2011, 12:56:42 am »

Wait, doesn't Kain's father live from the Northlands?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 634