Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286922 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8895 on: December 12, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »

Eh...well you can define them yourself, The Ztah haven't been touched upon since that Noah guy left.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: December 12, 2011, 08:03:34 pm »

That means It'd be and whatever I choose to start with spendng my 3 ducats vs Lonemine, wouldn't that be suicidal?
Not really, if your smart enough...the Lonemine government likes finesse and intelligence...worst thing that happens is your arrested and Kain comes in to talk and have a cup of tea with you...they really can't spare more then one or two regiments to hunting someone down.

For instance, there are no visible settlemens on Ztah, although they do, of course, exist (according to what I've read any landspots assumed to exist yet not visible are, for all purposes, impossible to interact with)...
Nah, you just have to wait a bit longer for someone to come up with something.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: December 12, 2011, 08:10:57 pm »

I can make an article on Ztah over on the wiki if you want, Az....Right after I finish my Elvs page.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: December 12, 2011, 08:12:34 pm »

"Starting out on Ztah is a worthwhile idea, but, given the nature of the region's current conditon, a blank slate, it is bound to rely heavily on what the GMs have planned, thus, meanwhile, let's move on to the Green Empire; What can you tell me about the region?" is what I was writing, but your suggestion has rekindled my mind to insisting on Ztah, lead on micelus!  :D

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: December 12, 2011, 08:15:37 pm »

Can I help him, Azthor?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: December 12, 2011, 08:16:12 pm »

Please do...I still need to finish up the Bloodlines.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: December 12, 2011, 08:16:57 pm »

Can I help him, Azthor?

I really don't see myself having much authority on the matter, but of course you can, help ought to be all but welcome.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: December 12, 2011, 08:19:00 pm »

I would not suggest that you start in Ztah unless you have plans to go to the lands around Ligoria soon. If you stay there and fight against Lonemine, you will basically be doing a single-player campaign.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: December 12, 2011, 08:27:16 pm »

Yeah, basically the first thing I thought when I saw that you might be starting on the other side of the world was "I guess he's one of those people who likes to play RPGs on forums alone? I guess that's his prerogative"

I would suggest starting on or near the Stormcoast if only because that is literally where every single character is at the moment.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: December 12, 2011, 08:39:25 pm »

The main idea is starting in a relatively blank environment, call it pioneering, and eventually either reaching the currently populated area or actually attracting new individuals to the campaign. Of course, the feasibility of that is disputable as I could well wind up sitting there alone for ages... Still, it is a risk I may well be willing to take. Not only that, I've always taken certain pleasure in "creating settings", and a region on the fringes of the known world is a good place to start with. Nothing stops me from moving, even if at some IC cost, closer to the Storm Coast, should things fail. On a side note, is it just me or the "Storm Coast" sounds eerily akin to "Sword Coast"?

Now that I've accepted the burden of masochism (if I am allowed to take it), is there anything already set for the region other than the following?
- Steppes surrounded by a mountain chain to the east and bordered by Lonemine and Silverbranches.
- Nomadic tribes whose warriors are often hired as mercenaries by foreign armies.
- Belief in the Element[al] Demons, all of which have been summoned except the Human one.
- Presence of three elementalists per tribe, all of which are inviolable.
- "Division" (not a political no military one) in five different regions.
- Intense use of horses resembling, in that regard, the Huns and Mongols.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:50:26 pm by Azthor »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: December 12, 2011, 08:41:38 pm »

We had a problem with that in Yak1.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: December 12, 2011, 08:43:51 pm »

Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: December 12, 2011, 08:44:08 pm »

Problem is, the place where you want to start is a nest of powerful nations. Lonemine and Brighthall could probably stomp the tribes without using half of their troops. It's very likely that you will never reach the lands surrounding Ligoria if you do not use a boat (I would say travelling by land would take at least one or two years, and that's without taking into account other problems - ie angry Vaduds).

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: December 12, 2011, 08:46:38 pm »

Problem is, the place where you want to start is a nest of powerful nations. Lonemine and Brighthall could probably stomp the tribes without using half of their troops. It's very likely that you will never reach the lands surrounding Ligoria if you do not use a boat (I would say travelling by land would take at least one or two years, and that's without taking into account other problems - ie angry Vaduds).

Not sure about that. For one thing, we never defined how big Ztah exactly is. Secondly, we don't know how many people live in all of Ztah, and thirdly, nomads/tribes have a history of being able to destabilise empires.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: December 12, 2011, 08:47:54 pm »

Lonemine and Brighthall could probably stomp the tribes without using half of their troops.
Yes. William fought off a legion of Ztah with five regiments. And most of them where used to not even fight...
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 634