Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287012 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8775 on: December 06, 2011, 09:37:27 pm »

Yes sir.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: December 06, 2011, 09:39:01 pm »

Entire post has been edited.
1. As I've stated numerous times already: Terenos has received blatant favoritism. You basically attempted to railroad the Ligorians. Metagaming has not been dealt with as it should.
2. If you needed an antagonist that badly, it could have been run by a GM. As I've already stated, there is major precedent in the YaK universe for NPC Antagonists, there is zero excuse for what happened with Terenos. You could have maybe not provided such blatant favorism so as to put them onto rails to begin with? Just maybe!
3. In the future, do the above. The war-weary Ligorians should return to Ligoria to find that rebels, funded by an outside source, have essentially taken over the fortress. The DE should mistake Tala for a traitor and send assassins to hunt her and her lover down, if she does not return to Ligoria and share in their misfortune -- naturally she can prove them wrong later, but for now this should be the case. You should acknowledge your mistakes. No excuses, no reasons. Just state that you realize where you went wrong here.
Had I been present for the beginning of the Arctic Fox thing, I would have protested it in favor of having Terenos act as a GM, ruling only on things related to the AF Events. This was not the case, we cannot go back in time. There it is.

So basically I'm asking for:
- Acknowledgement of mistakes.
- Punishment for the metagamers.
- A promise not to make said mistakes again.

I'd also like to see Terenos never be a GM, but I'll pick my battles. Do what you want in that regard, as long as he never rolls anything for me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:21:56 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: December 06, 2011, 09:48:05 pm »

thatkid, we can finish the Tribunal for GM crimes and overhaul of the rules later.

As for battle: no complaints. Nuke, you done well.

Either way, i'm off.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: December 06, 2011, 09:48:55 pm »

thatkid, we can finish the Tribunal for GM crimes and overhaul of the rules later.

As for battle: no complaints. Nuke, you done well.

Either way, i'm off.
Nuke specifically asked that we make posts to this effect, Ardas.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: December 06, 2011, 09:50:11 pm »

No one attempted any railroading. No one forced a retcon. Plots may have been laid for things to go a particular way. But where did the GM's do anything but allow the crazy actions of those involved? I argued for things that were a little bit crazy possibly getting rethought but yeah. I didnt win every argument.
Everyone makes plans in an IF->Then way.  Then something crazy happens and we all spend a little time replotting, or going crazy and arguing.

The time to complain about my character, was at my entrance. Everyone saw me come in. They saw my flawless victory over Mileth. Hell CG even gave a scout report as to the majority of my army. Yet only now, is there bitching about favoritism. And yeah, my -friend- rolled 1 thing, 1 thing that wasn't even a goddamn roll cause I had that much of a Tactics bonus. Are you going to accuse the man who rolled my capture, and my execution of favoritism, when he could have waved a GM wand and had me escape?

Theres no favoritism. You see it only because I made effective arguments that could be backed up by the rules. And the GM's sided with me. Do the rules need editing? Certainly, if theres this much contention over them. Rules arent perfect, we can alter them if they are unbalanced.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: December 06, 2011, 09:55:35 pm »

No one attempted any railroading. No one forced a retcon. Plots may have been laid for things to go a particular way. But where did the GM's do anything but allow the crazy actions of those involved? I argued for things that were a little bit crazy possibly getting rethought but yeah. I didnt win every argument.
Everyone makes plans in an IF->Then way.  Then something crazy happens and we all spend a little time replotting, or going crazy and arguing.

The time to complain about my character, was at my entrance. Everyone saw me come in. They saw my flawless victory over Mileth. Hell CG even gave a scout report as to the majority of my army. Yet only now, is there bitching about favoritism. And yeah, my -friend- rolled 1 thing, 1 thing that wasn't even a goddamn roll cause I had that much of a Tactics bonus. Are you going to accuse the man who rolled my capture, and my execution of favoritism, when he could have waved a GM wand and had me escape?

Theres no favoritism. You see it only because I made effective arguments that could be backed up by the rules. And the GM's sided with me. Do the rules need editing? Certainly, if theres this much contention over them. Rules arent perfect, we can alter them if they are unbalanced.
I'm not going to respond to you anymore.
One, you're a prick and you're not worthy of the time it takes to write up a sound response.
Two, I've decided to only focus my efforts on Nuke at this point, as he's clearly the only person left among your tribunal who gives a fuck about YaK as a whole.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57:19 pm »

See? As I said. You wont listen to me. I wont listen to you. So yeah, save your breath.

-Edit-
Look, I do apologize for what I've said over the past few days. None of us are really blameless here. I've just not been having the best month. I wont burden you with the details but today was an up at 6 am, On no sleep, with a ridiculously packed schedule.

I've been short with many of you. And I apologize for that.
And yeah, I am a prick. And will always be one.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:09:55 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:36 pm »

It's allright mate. You had a hard month.
And I agree we all share the blame. Why don't we all just relax...everbody acted stupid and everybody reaped what they'd sowed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:51 pm »

Hey, atleast you've apologized now. At any rate, apart from some light RP, we should lay off for a couple of days to calm down.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:48 pm »

Yeah. I agree with Taricus.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: December 06, 2011, 11:44:47 pm »

In short: Apologies all around.

In long:
A lot of tempers have been raged over the last couple days. Much of this was driven by players and facilitated by both Nuke and myself. The Arctic Fox 'event' was an attempt to push forward progress of an overly DULL year in YAK. It went well until egos and mildly broken rules clashed. Terenos' pseudo-GM status, and intended post-event role as an extra GM, allowed for certain ignorances of rulings like fluffed starts. While no one really objected at the time, semantics seem to have made this an issue. In hindsight, his role as a GM should have been clarified first, and player of an event second.

First, I apologize for the fact this was handled poorly. I intentionally stayed out of a lot of the AF event because of the potential claims against the RL friendship Terenos and I have. In hindsight, this turned out to be a bad plan. Many things were done that should not have been by all sides.

Second, I apologize for what I know have to do. Now I need to be the rules lawyer. Technically, by concensus of pre-YAK II creation, I outrank Nuke. Certain events have transpired that I should have simply overruled entirely based on insanity and unsportsmanlike conduct. So if anyone has issues with rulings, events and the outcomes of actions: Say something sooner than later. Otherwise we'll end up back here.

So I hate to say it but while yes, I apologize for events to current - the future is going to hold a lot less bullshit and probably a few more GM-rulings.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: December 07, 2011, 12:25:09 am »

Thanks, CG. That was really all I was looking for, and I'm sure I speak for the other players when I say that.

On my part, my profound apologies for being an inflammatory piece of shit all night. I'm not going to provide any excuses, I'm just a dick sometimes. And for that, I'm sorry. I probably could have been a lot more civil about raising my complaints.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: December 07, 2011, 06:24:10 am »

Hey Nuke? Could we possibly get the IRC channel put into the OP of the main thread?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: December 07, 2011, 07:01:01 am »

Hey Nuke? Could we possibly get the IRC channel put into the OP of the main thread?
Done. And might I say that if folks want to do silly arguments about whose character is the biggest asshole, an IRC channel is a far better place to do so than the OOC thread.

Thatkid: Okay. I think I understand where you are coming from, there.
I though that a PC antagonist would be more entertaining than a faceless NPC one. Before Terenos offered to do it, I was thinking of having the DE invade anyway. So, hey, irony.
I can see how PC antagonists cause... problems, now. I think that I will follow your suggestion and have future antagonists be NPCs. Or at least have them be clearly defined as semi-GMs in such a way as that these problems won't arise again.
I am sorry for any part my actions played in causing this scenario. I should definitely have thought things out better, made things clearer from the start, and just... been a better GM in general.

And look, apologies all around! Light, I cannot say how pleased I am to see this clusterfuck behind us.

I am now going to spend the rest of the day completely overhauling half the rules in the game so that this sort of situation will be, at the very least, less severe the next time it occurs.
Give me a few hours.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: December 07, 2011, 07:37:57 am »

As far as i'm concerned, we have 5PCs that are alive, so no real damage done.

But yes, we were all bit high on adrenaline, its good to see the red mist gone.

I am now going to spend the rest of the day completely overhauling half the rules in the game so that this sort of situation will be, at the very least, less severe the next time it occurs.
Give me a few hours.

I hope that at least some of our suggestions are going to be considered.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 634