Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287034 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8745 on: December 06, 2011, 07:35:32 pm »

I asked no favors from the GMs, No special rolls. You might note, my character was captured, against my wishes for a retcon, and then killed when I was away. And no favoritism kept me alive.
Just a stronger start condition.
Let me reiterate. They gave me NOTHING but a stronger start condition. I worked out how to capture Mileth flawlessly -myself-. I worked out how to win this battle right here? Myself. Im not getting mysterious +'s to my rolls. And CG' just gave up rolling the battle over a question of his impartiality.

---
Why would we trust the Mad Queen of Ligoria? Every time the DE tries anything in the Storm Coast, they get attacked, or taxed heavily. Now, working with me might have established some trust, but on the whole to start? No trust.
And what, pray fuckin tell, did you accomplish as a PC that you couldn't have accomplished as a third GM, complete with all the bonus starting conditions that can be contrived that way?

Absolutely nothing. At. All.
Face it: You are a player. The GMs were playing favorites.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: December 06, 2011, 07:52:57 pm »

What did I accomplish? Because the PC's of Ligoria believed they could dictate my actions, and through a delightful comedy of poorly thought out actions, I caused the downfall of Ligoria.

I could not have done this as a GM, because players would have cried out that I was persecuting them unfairly. Or, knowing I was a GM they would have acted differently towards my character. You may notice that no one fucks around with the Guildmaster of the SCTG. Or Hugo von Vissendorp, Dabbling Crimelord!

Now, admittedly yes I could have steered an NPC to do what I did, and yknow what, in many ways the Arctic Fox -was- an NPC. Because I never intended to play him beyond capturing 1 town, cutting a deal with Ligoria/Fighting Ligoria, and being destroyed, or victorious. I sought to create a stage on which more story could be set. Ligoria would have an enemy or an ally. A rallying point to build diplomacy, or a friend to help them subdue the Storm Coast.

In truth, the only thing that stops me from being a full GM right now, with the Arctic Fox, my gm-controlled PC.. I don't roll for anyone. So How is being an antagonist with no special treatment different than being a GM who just doesnt roll for anyone, and is playing his character? Face it. I'm not just a PC. But I'm not a GM either. I land in the middle. Wasn't even gonna play another major char, just take up GMing but now I reckon my taste for that has gone.

Piss and moan more. It happened, you can bitch about the fairness but really, you're bitching cause every damn one of you who was involved in this made mistakes on mistakes and the GM's decided 'wow, I cant believe you did that' and made consequences for the madness. Think it through, Any retcon I suggested up until my death would have saved Ligoria and its peoples. Cause my intent was never to destroy them.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: December 06, 2011, 07:55:40 pm »

*Points out that he suggested retconning to just before Laythe bodyslammed the fox.*
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: December 06, 2011, 07:56:38 pm »

The only thing stopping you from being GM is several players who question the entire setup. And stop being so smug about it all. You are only making it worse for yourself.

And i will have you know that no player knew either of your plans or GMs poorly contrived plan to drive the story in certain direction. You simply can't herd people into certain actions and expect them to take it. What you consider to be stupid decisions are stupid because they do not follow your projected path. Ths is not a single-player game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:00:26 pm by Ardas »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: December 06, 2011, 07:56:51 pm »

Ok, right.

I have the first round of the battle written up.
I am going to post it.
It follows the rules as they currently exist.
I am sorry to say that my usually cheerful demeanour is being chipped away here.

I would very much like it if we could just calm down all round, deal with this battle, and then just keep playing, and forget about the unfortunate events that occurred during to the Siege of Mileth.

I would very much like it also if people could just trust me when I say: I want this game to be fun. My sole motivation is for this game to be fun.
CG and I have not created a conspiracy to ruin the game for everyone. We did grant Terenos abnormal starting conditions, in order to provide an excuse for the Storm Coast to be shaken up.
Terenos has indeed received the ridiculously unfair bonus of "not making up new rules on the spot to screw with him". So sorry, can you ever forgive me?

Now then.

Here is what I would like to happen: I am going to post the results of the first round of this battle. Terenos and Ardas are going to indicate their strategy for the next round, then I am going to resolve that. And so on and so on, until one side or the other is either destroyed, or chooses/is forced to retreat. I would like it if there would be no OOC chatter during this time. Just this battle.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: December 06, 2011, 07:58:47 pm »

Well, I would suggest waiting a day or two for everyone to settle down before we start with the battle at all, just to let everyone calm down and such...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: December 06, 2011, 08:03:03 pm »

They must also select their 2 lost regiments. Why this is important: Dead tactician regiments will result in superior manuevering by my forces.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: December 06, 2011, 08:03:46 pm »

We lost two regiments?

E: forget it

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: December 06, 2011, 08:04:01 pm »

What did I accomplish? Because the PC's of Ligoria believed they could dictate my actions, and through a delightful comedy of poorly thought out actions, I caused the downfall of Ligoria.

I could not have done this as a GM, because players would have cried out that I was persecuting them unfairly. Or, knowing I was a GM they would have acted differently towards my character. You may notice that no one fucks around with the Guildmaster of the SCTG. Or Hugo von Vissendorp, Dabbling Crimelord!

Now, admittedly yes I could have steered an NPC to do what I did, and yknow what, in many ways the Arctic Fox -was- an NPC. Because I never intended to play him beyond capturing 1 town, cutting a deal with Ligoria/Fighting Ligoria, and being destroyed, or victorious. I sought to create a stage on which more story could be set. Ligoria would have an enemy or an ally. A rallying point to build diplomacy, or a friend to help them subdue the Storm Coast.

In truth, the only thing that stops me from being a full GM right now, with the Arctic Fox, my gm-controlled PC.. I don't roll for anyone. So How is being an antagonist with no special treatment different than being a GM who just doesnt roll for anyone, and is playing his character? Face it. I'm not just a PC. But I'm not a GM either. I land in the middle. Wasn't even gonna play another major char, just take up GMing but now I reckon my taste for that has gone.

Piss and moan more. It happened, you can bitch about the fairness but really, you're bitching cause every damn one of you who was involved in this made mistakes on mistakes and the GM's decided 'wow, I cant believe you did that' and made consequences for the madness. Think it through, Any retcon I suggested up until my death would have saved Ligoria and its peoples. Cause my intent was never to destroy them.
I would like to introduce you to the Archbishop of Suul and Chieftain Keith McKinley.
If an NPC stands in the way of the players, as the Arctic Fox did, the players will not shy away from dealing with them. You should know this.
There is no excuse. You received favoritism. You may have suggested retconning, but this does not change the fact that the GMs are only now considering retconning when it will benefit you and only you.

@Nuke: You're right, you didn't make arbitrary rules to screw him over. Instead, you chose to blatantly ignore other rules to aid him. Believe it or not, this is favoritism!

Might I remind you both: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/favoritism
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/favoritism

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: December 06, 2011, 08:06:05 pm »

They must also select their 2 lost regiments. Why this is important: Dead tactician regiments will result in superior manuevering by my forces.
Revised rules, it's two strength, not two regiments. Makes heavy more worthwhile now.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: December 06, 2011, 08:09:04 pm »

Question: can IC actions influence tactics rolls, even if they are not tactics? IE, if Kathos was to... Say... Run around the battlefield, trying to convince the soldiers to stay in position, would it make the split unit roll harder for the DE at the cost of placing Kathos in a dangerous position?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: December 06, 2011, 08:12:01 pm »

So yer soaking it with 2 heavy regiments?

Oh and Thatkid? I'm not arguing with you. You wont listen to me, And I, speaking logically and backed up by the GMs, dont need to listen to you. So save your breath.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: December 06, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »

Oh and Thatkid? I'm not arguing with you. You wont listen to me, And I, speaking logically and backed up by the GMs, dont need to listen to you. So save your breath.
You know, this is the sort of thing we're complaining about...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: December 06, 2011, 08:14:27 pm »

So yer soaking it with 2 heavy regiments?

Your logic is twisted to suit your own ends. Your "backed up by the GMs" is the favoritism that I am fucking pointing out.
Go ahead and refuse to argue with me, but thems the facts.

I realize that you so desperately want to live up to the escapades of your character in the original YaK, but I might remind you that back then you did not win through cheating.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:16:34 pm by thatkid »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: December 06, 2011, 08:15:50 pm »

Dude, this is plain rude. cut it out.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 634