Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287108 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8700 on: December 06, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »

I move we waive the inheritance laws for me, as I'm playing the antagonist and my character was removed via a series of events that most people would call bullshit over.
The only reason popular support is in favor of the AF dying? Theres more Ligorian affiliated folks than not.

There is 5 PCs affiliated with ligoria and 5 PCs outside of ligoria. You cant say we are playing favourites. besides i thought GM was supposed to be on your side?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: December 06, 2011, 05:39:00 pm »

I didn't care either way. If Ligoria won (which they have) then we get mega Ligoria which is bad for Hatcur. If the AF won, then the DE would have expanded into the Storm Coast, which is bad for Hatcur morally and politically.

Personally, Ligoria seems like an easier match. We KNOW what abilities and men they have and I already have contacts there. A few treaties and meetings here and a few shipments and Ligoria will be somewhat humbled...If the RNG decides to be nice.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: December 06, 2011, 05:39:39 pm »

Sheb... how would he know whether she was wearing bandages? She's been sequestered in her tent. Alone. For the better part of a day, at least.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: December 06, 2011, 05:40:09 pm »

In terms of the numbers, sure. Cause yknow, my math is solid.

So, my character is dead. And theres a schism in the army. The queen ordered the attack. The Marshal ordered them to stay in defense.

I say this needs a Roll to see which regiments obey who, And that'll be an automatic split of your forces, so i'll need to update my attack plan.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: December 06, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »

In terms of the numbers, sure. Cause yknow, my math is solid.

So, my character is dead. And theres a schism in the army. The queen ordered the attack. The Marshal ordered them to stay in defense.

I say this needs a Roll to see which regiments obey who, And that'll be an automatic split of your forces, so i'll need to update my attack plan.

You made your math. no retconning now. And we are RPing the outcome of the schism in our camp.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: December 06, 2011, 05:42:35 pm »

Well, I assumed she went out of her tent to give the orders, since Nikephoros' reaction was not "Hey ma'am, that's not a good idea, and you messenger just give me that letter." but "FUCK. Everybody don't move while I get that b**tch away!".

Terenos, the Queen ordered attack at nightfall it's now morning.

Taricus at least play a little bit IC. My points are solid, and Laythe is known for being a paranoid bitch that execute any noble threatening her.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: December 06, 2011, 05:42:43 pm »

???
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:44:19 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: December 06, 2011, 05:49:41 pm »

Nope. No rping. I want rolls. You've all posted about it. I want to see what goes down.

Because while I was out, you killed my character in cold blood with no in character reason. Everything you were speaking of was honorable treatment and fairness. Then a knife across the throat cause my math will give me good odds.

So everyone pack it in. The RP doesn't matter. Lets see a roll of the dice Nuke. Who attacks on Laythes orders, who stands back on the Marshalls.
(Hint, Whoever stands back on defense is who gets attacked, cause my forces are still attacking, and I have to reassign split orders anyways)

And thats -WHY- the RP doesnt matter a damn bit. Some of you might be damn well -dead- come the morning. The attack is still going on. Its just not 'happened' yet, cause yer all yammering on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: December 06, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »

Terenos, the Queen ordered the attack in soemthing like 8 hours.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: December 06, 2011, 05:52:31 pm »

Inheritance: You may designate players to inherit your estates or wealth (if you have any) to pass to them on your character's death. You should do this before you die. It is up to the King as to whether the law respects that inheritance (if within the kingdom's reach) but otherwise it will be respected. Regular soldiers can transfer their loyalty in this way, but not personal guards. You may not pass inheritance on to your next character in this way, and if I see anyone pass their estates on to a patsy who then gives it straight to their new character they will suffer the wrath of fate for playing the system. If you deliberately play a character who is next-of-kin to another player's character, you will automatically inherit unless the player designates a different heir. NB: You can inherit the kingdom this way. Whether the nobility respect that inheritance is a different matter. Wars of succession have been known to happen this way.

Yes, i know what it says. The course events took and the actions of players (along with the retarded amount of metagaming that has been going on) leaves this to a vote of GMs whether we care to enforce this ruling. Technically Nuke is the only vote that counts.

essentially, you you used OOC knowledge to start up a rebellion. Not nice.

None of the ligorian side is clean enough to throw stones about metagaming

besides i thought GM was supposed to be on your side?

For someone eager to push people to drop arguments, you sure keep sticking to one made by A GM ENDORSED PLAYER - SO yes, we WERE on his side. Drop it already.

On the note of the current battle: Even without AF - you don't win. I've posted the math several times now and yet people continue to use their own. AF being killed doesnt prevent the battle - it ensures it.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: December 06, 2011, 05:53:54 pm »

"SOLDIERS! STAY WHERE YOU ARE! PREPARE TO DEFEND YOUR POSITIONS!"
"Order soldiers to ignore the queen and defend the entrenched positions. Kill Arctic Fox before the battle. "
Posted just after, and quoting Taricus's "Attack at nightfall"

So yeah. Its nightfall, attacking is happening. We can have my troops attacking at the same time.
Or its morning and I'm still alive.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: December 06, 2011, 05:55:52 pm »

Hey, I didn't metagame! At worse, you can accuse me of taking Nuke's comment to their full value and assuming I was in a place you were!

Also, we need some kind of GM-enforced time. :p

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: December 06, 2011, 06:02:58 pm »

Sheb, you're too new to be involved in the current drama

I made the placeholder to maintain the orders given at that time. I had no intention to roll the first round until the other PCs on that side a chance to act with or against Tari.

Telling the soldiers to stay will cause them to retain their position - this has no bearing on the forces of AF commiting an attack

So now you all have 2 options:

We go back to the retcon that an intelligent general sent a stunt double in his place unarmed and unguarded to test the honor of the 'queen'
or
This battle commences, ardas has caused an automatic split, and all PCs involved will likely die by the end of the battle thanks to the assassination of their general - they will not take prisoners.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: December 06, 2011, 06:08:59 pm »

CyberGenesis, don't get too sanguine about this. I think Laythe should be able to have done what she did. But had this been a campaign of mine, with the bickering, metagaming and more going on, I think I would have dropped a couple meteors on the place and force my player to begins playing a post-apo campaign.

That being said, a part where we all end up as DE slaves would make for great fun.

Anyway, it's midnight over here, I got a long day starting in 6 hours and need some sleep. I trust you to reach a good decision. Everybody chill out and enjoy the chaos, loosing is fun, and you can always come back in a few seasons to fight the DE again.

Standing orders for Sheb are just to obey her illogical queen and by extension her Marshal, and to save his sorry ass if things becomes really too dangerous. Good night!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: December 06, 2011, 06:11:13 pm »

Night, Sheb.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 634