Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287230 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8610 on: December 06, 2011, 11:37:10 am »

@Fili: Yeah, I'm not going to get numbers arguments, but I would like to know Queen Laythes *motivation*.

It'd be a bit strange if ol' Nike just comes along and gives her the boot, and she accepts it like a scolded child. In front of her army. Her ENTIRE Army.
1: I suck at numbers. I'm not even going to try to get into an argument pertaining to them.

2: If Laythe doesn't flip, that's really weird. So far she's banished/attacked anybody who showed any ambition or defied her.  I hardly think she would take commands from a subordinate, let alone a man. She must have a crush on Nike, if she would take orders from him.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: December 06, 2011, 11:41:19 am »

"Very well. As for me being confined to my tent, it's acceptable as well as me not being present when the Fox wakes up as well. I assmue that's all you wanted to see me about?"

Queen Laythe cannot have given the order to attack anyway. Since then, barring Taric's rather kneejerk reaction of just attacking suddenly, she has stayed true to that and left Nikephoros and Kathos in charge. Laythe has to grow up sometime and stop acting on whims; maybe she's finally ready to do so. It would be a good character moment anyway since the last thing she did 'just because' was attack the Arctic Fox and now there are consequences.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: December 06, 2011, 11:44:08 am »

That, And I'm having a break from this for a couple of days, to settle down and such...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: December 06, 2011, 11:48:23 am »

Yeah, I understand why filius does that sometimes and you're doing that now. After the siege is over one way or the other (or if Pasha gets killed before then) I plan on taking some time off from it myself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: December 06, 2011, 12:01:42 pm »

Yeah, it is just a game. You should probably be having fun, not stressing out. Roleplaying your character instead of concentrating on trying to 'win the game' is a good idea, I know now. Then again, you are playing the Ruler. This stuff is going to come with the territory. Deal with it or abdicate. :P

@Taric: You're asking a retcon of your action, again, and I don't see that happening. Someone will have to step in, consequences be damnned.

That's why I was saying, roleplaying it out would give you an easier time of it, and maintain the game worlds reality, even give you a way out most of us would accept. What drove Queen Laythe to apparently violate her own confinement? What was she feeling? Does she see what she's doing is harming the kingdom? I like to hear the answers.

Maybe Tala or Nikephoros or Kathos whoever could talk her out of it, you know?

Or we can just bicker in OOC chat, waiting for the GM gavel.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: December 06, 2011, 12:04:52 pm »

I probably should take a break anyway. This is the post I woke when I first woke up 'today.' :\

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: December 06, 2011, 12:10:16 pm »

What drove Queen Laythe to apparently violate her own confinement? What was she feeling? Does she see what she's doing is harming the kingdom? I like to hear the answers.
You sound like a reporter.

Anywho...yeah taking breaks from this game or OOC is probably a good idea. This game is really freaking addictive.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: December 06, 2011, 12:16:15 pm »

Hmm, I do.  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: December 06, 2011, 12:28:05 pm »

Actually I wouldn't say it's addictive. :\ Everything causes a damn argument... it's more headache inducing than anything. Once Spring/Siege ends (whichever is later) maybe there should be some thought given towards making clearer rules. Character creation, for example, seems to be winging it more than anything. I assumed two ducats worth of money, regiments, trade items, or skills is the standard, but thatkid started with four (1 ducat, 1 regiment, 2 skills), so I dunno. Just anything to set down clearer lines to cut down actual arguments about rules as opposed to the usual 'I'mma beat you' 'no u' arguments like Taric and you do all the time. XP

ninja'd by Dwarmin

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: December 06, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »

Bleh.

Thatkid don't have no money. And I dunno about the skills. I'll go look...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:41:06 pm by filiusenox »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: December 06, 2011, 12:41:22 pm »

Huh, thought he did. Still three rather than two though. :\ 1 Regiment, 1 Sword Skill, 1 General Skill (undefined what type exactly)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: December 06, 2011, 12:47:00 pm »

We've actually established character creation rules.
See the second post.
At the time I mentioned that these rules are not to be applied retroactively. Which hasn't stopped people trying to do so D:<

OOC arguments are very annoying and I wish they wouldn't happen. Unfortunately the current battle system is not particularly luck-based, so victory relies on making up more reasons you should win than your opponent.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: December 06, 2011, 12:51:46 pm »

Additionally, having glossed over the past dozen pages of the OOC thread (which I missed), I did notice that there was some kerfuffle about what elfeater got: I assume that has been resolved now, but to avoid such situations occurring in the future, might I suggest a more definitive ruling on what folks can start out with- I assumed that people could start out with a bit more or less than others provided that their characters were interesting. Evidently not.
May I suggest the following (not to be retroactively applied):
Characters start as notable (not peasants) people with 2 ducats worth of resources to start with. Two ducats can get you:
-A boat
One ducat can get you:
-A regiment (personal guard)
-A major skill. For example, being a general, being a skilled assassin, being a trained engineer, etc etc
-Being a non-human character. (Hacturi/Elv)
Characters who are explicitly antagonists may receive more resources as judged reasonable by at least two GM-powered people (CG, me, Taricus).
*Snip*
Starting resources:
A single infantry regiment, "The Thornbred Knights"(1d)
A major skill/power: Skilled Swordsman(1d), Studied General(?)(1d)
Ducats: Penniless
Unless he changed this. Then ignore the rest of the post.

Yeah, he started with 3d worth of resources...and also didn't specify whether skilled general meant a +1 to strength or a +1 to tatics...

Yeah, he's only supposed to have one skill, one regiment or two skills or no regiment. And I don't think he's an antagonist.
So, sorry Thatkid, but I think you have to drop one of those skills. Unless i'm wrong.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: December 06, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »

Ah. I never knew that was there, because I was never told when Taric asked me to join. Hence me playing as newcomers so I wouldn't have to catch up on 100+ pages to start. I was under the assumption (and no one bothered to correct me) that you started with two ducats and could keep them, have a regiment, trade them for skills, or whatever. It really should be on the wiki though because that's what I checked to learn the system... Would anyone object if I added that post as a Character Creation page to it?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:54:48 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: December 06, 2011, 12:54:50 pm »

Additionally, having glossed over the past dozen pages of the OOC thread (which I missed), I did notice that there was some kerfuffle about what elfeater got: I assume that has been resolved now, but to avoid such situations occurring in the future, might I suggest a more definitive ruling on what folks can start out with- I assumed that people could start out with a bit more or less than others provided that their characters were interesting. Evidently not.
May I suggest the following (not to be retroactively applied):
Characters start as notable (not peasants) people with 2 ducats worth of resources to start with. Two ducats can get you:
-A boat
One ducat can get you:
-A regiment (personal guard)
-A major skill. For example, being a general, being a skilled assassin, being a trained engineer, etc etc
-Being a non-human character. (Hacturi/Elv)
Characters who are explicitly antagonists may receive more resources as judged reasonable by at least two GM-powered people (CG, me, Taricus).
*Snip*
Starting resources:
A single infantry regiment, "The Thornbred Knights"(1d)
A major skill/power: Skilled Swordsman(1d), Studied General(?)(1d)
Ducats: Penniless
Unless he changed this. Then ignore the rest of the post.

Yeah, he started with 3d worth of resources...and also didn't specify whether skilled general meant a +1 to strength or a +1 to tatics...

Yeah, he's only supposed to have one skill, one regiment or two skills or no regiment. And I don't think he's an antagonist.
So, sorry Thatkid, but I think you have to drop one of those skills. Unless i'm wrong.
Bah, I thought it was 3d of resources. That's my bad, I kinda just skimmed that line.
Dropping swordsmanship and keeping tactics, then. I guess I'll study being a badass soldier before I study being a charismatic-dude.

E: Actually, according to the IC thread:
these text-scissors
Code: [Select]
Name: A durrrr
Description: Appearance, age, obvious traits
Background: Where is he from, what does he want, how is he going to get it.
Starting resources: You have a budget of 3 ducats. Assign as follows:
A boat: 2 ducats.
A regiment: 1 ducat
Upgrades: Cost varies; see upgrades.
A major skill/power: 1 ducat. Ex: is a skilled general, engineer, assassin, whatever.
Money: 1 ducat/ducat. A ducat is a lot of money. You can do a lot of things with money.
they are on FIRE

EE: I should note that I don't really care either way if it's 2 or 3 starting resources. If it's only 2, I drop swordsmanship. I only dug that up to prove that I'm not trying to cheat the system or anything.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:57:57 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 634