Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287368 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8445 on: December 05, 2011, 02:36:59 pm »

No siege equipment at all? That sucks. Not even engineers to build some?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: December 05, 2011, 02:38:03 pm »

It seems to me you're drawing a lot of conclusions based on how you want things to go, not how they actually are. There's been no indication of Laythe trying to build an empire; she's trying to get the DE out of Mileth. Every other city-state would have to make several leaps of logic to connect the points, and given that Ligoria is going to be dealing with the fallout of this for at least a few seasons instead of actively empire building, I doubt they'll immediately snap to and try to take it out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: December 05, 2011, 02:39:08 pm »

@ Sheb: Cool thing is, we don't need siege equipments to get the city. We can just sit around for maybe one month, maybe less, and the citizens will do the job for us.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: December 05, 2011, 02:40:21 pm »

Sure, IF this is all Ligoria is doing.

But look at what everyones saying. Queen Laythe wants Mileth. Nikephoros wants Mileth. Think they intend to just return the taxes and leave?I think not.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: December 05, 2011, 02:42:26 pm »

Sure, IF this is all Ligoria is doing.

But look at what everyones saying. Queen Laythe wants Mileth. Nikephoros wants Mileth. Think they intend to just return the taxes and leave?I think not.

But no one in the city knows that. And city is going to get hungry pretty soon.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: December 05, 2011, 02:44:08 pm »

Then when the Fox and Nikephoros fail to make an agreement, Tala signals the DE forces and they attack. You get your war, and its tons of fun.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: December 05, 2011, 02:45:12 pm »

You assume that the commander inside the city will decide to send all of his men to death because his general, now probably dead, told him to do so.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: December 05, 2011, 02:46:17 pm »

Problem is that we get the defensive bonus from our palisades. And Mileth can't hold out for a couple of weeks before starving considering the regiments inside it.

As for Mileth: Someone has to stay and get a new government in Mileth...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: December 05, 2011, 02:47:39 pm »

Ah, but I have an in-character trump card: Tala doesn't want Pasha to die on the battlefield. :P As you just said in her presence, this is a Dead Man's Command. No one in the DE cares if you die. Therefore she has no reason to start a war on your behalf since it will, in all likelihood, get Pasha killed, and gain her nothing in return for the risk. As for them wanting Mileth, no one yet knows they plan on keeping it.

Ninja'd X2
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: December 05, 2011, 02:48:12 pm »

@ Shootandrun: I don't know... I'd expect all cities to have granaries for at least a few month. I mean, harvest is once a year, the grain has to be stored SOMEWHERE. I wouldn't be surprised if they can scrap by until summer (harvest time). Also, you'll be scoring many more points, starving a city to death for no real reasons.

Or Laythe could realize Nikephoros and Thunderblade are taking over, and do something about that. Or Terenos could manage to slip a message to Galam and get mercenaries from them. Or YOU could starve (They've got granaries, you got to steal from the peasants. If they start resenting you and hiding their grain, you're toast). Or Hugo could become a tad too successful in his gang sheningan and decide that Ligoria would be an even better city with him as the ruler.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: December 05, 2011, 02:51:42 pm »

Only all Tala has to do to protect you is not get involved.

Which I believe will be her orders anyways, to 'act' as though they're supporting the army, and not do so. And no one cares if -I- or the 8 regiments under my command die. I reckon they'd care if their high placed spy dies.

---
Oh and as for a fight, Of course they'd fight. Its their job to fight. They know this is the dead mans command. They KNOW they die if they surrender. Either here, or when they return home in disgrace.
And I'll still win a fight. Even without my paltry +1 to tactics bonus.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: December 05, 2011, 02:52:12 pm »

Thanks, CG! I'll be sure to get to slavin' right away!

Can anyone direct me to a physical description of Polca?
Or is there not one yet?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: December 05, 2011, 02:54:58 pm »

Ok, all of this is pointless  chatter. Facts are: Mileth is besieged, overloaded with people and granaries are less than full after having to accomodate extra people during winter. They have no commander, and are surrounded with earthworks and army that is more or less likely to slaughter them all if provoked. We will roll for the reactions of people inside after I send the message, but this roll has to be adjusted for all of these factors. I am essentially offering everyone a free pass, including AF (yes Terenos, a free pass out of the city. I will cunt punt Laythe if she tells me to kill these people.)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: December 05, 2011, 02:56:13 pm »

Only you'll get overruled. We both know this.

We also both know I cannot surrender . Rules of the command. Rules of the force I serve.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: December 05, 2011, 02:57:05 pm »

I reckon Fil can give you a lowdown on Polca, otherwise You'll have to get CG to describe it.

@Terenos: Problem is that they're surrounded. They can't split the army due to the rest of it coming down on it. They can't flank due to being surrounded. You can't win...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 634