Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287325 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8430 on: December 05, 2011, 01:24:49 pm »

@CG: All right, which of my actions got ignored and which ones got counted, then?

I assume spreading rumors needs a roll, yes.

Do I need to roll for Vespius to raise a flag? Or to have sent information to Mileth I already knew? I assume I lose the game when I roll a [1] on those, right? Cause making me roll for every little thing is Taricus's idea too.

If that's the case, I'll buck the system, fake Talas death and roll out of town with Pasha. :P

Edit: also, welcome to the game Thatkid! I didn't want you to think we were going to ignore you, lol.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: December 05, 2011, 01:51:19 pm »

Thatkid: That's fine. GM approval get; go on and serve your elven master like the Lonemine slave you are. Or not, I dunno.

Do I need to roll for Vespius to raise a flag? Or to have sent information to Mileth I already knew? I assume I lose the game when I roll a [1] on those, right? Cause making me roll for every little thing is Taricus's idea too.
Course not. Minor actions like that don't need rolls. Given that the men in town would know it was treachery anyway.
Long Live United Forenia!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: December 05, 2011, 01:57:21 pm »

@Dwarmin: o.O That was a bitter rant...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: December 05, 2011, 02:20:09 pm »

I'm back. The general level of craziness is still pretty high, it's a miracle nobody died yet.

@CG: okay I'll drop te mail thing.

Now for serious University construction, and destroying gangs. Oh, and getting taxes to roll in, I think contraband laws are in order :p

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:01 pm »

I can't believe that a besieged man can be making demands like that. Laythe already ruined her reputation, we got nothing to lose by forcing Mileth to surrender. And people in the city no doubt will be happy to hear that their stolen wealth will be returned if they agree to overthrow the DE troops. And without AF's command, his soldiers will underperform, while I will have all the advantages of field fortificatoins, equipment and my stats.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:53 pm »

Well, if a civil war is brewing hom, time may be on his side, not yours.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: December 05, 2011, 02:27:50 pm »

Cause i'm a dead man either way?

Why do you think you stand alone?

Cause the rest of the Storm coast wants Ligoria to be weakened here. If I make sure you get no money out of it, what do you gain? a pointed message from the other Storm Coast cities to leave Mileth, a few dead regiments, and a civil war at home.
No one else gives a damn about the big bad dragon empire cause Ligoria is a threat closer to home. 2 birds, one stone.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: December 05, 2011, 02:27:50 pm »

What civil war? No one is going against Laythe. Siege continues as ever and ol'Nike will speak to the soldiers soon. and i doubt soldiers and people in mileth will want to die for a guy that was stupid enough to get captured. Say what you will, but AF looks pretty incompetent.

E: Taxes are still taxes and occupation is still occupation. But we will see who supports whom after I send a messenger to the city.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:31:23 pm by Ardas »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: December 05, 2011, 02:28:39 pm »

Also, point of interest, the citizens of Mileth are loyal to me. Light taxes/bloodless occupation will do that.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: December 05, 2011, 02:29:53 pm »

@Dwarmin: o.O That was a bitter rant...

ah yeah, I typed that while I was still fuming, after having an argument with my family IRL after moving some heavy couches. I was mad at everything. >_>

Probably not the best time to do that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: December 05, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »

Ardas, why would the DE soldiers let your messenger speak to the townsfolk? If you want to subvert them, shoot messages with a catapult or something.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: December 05, 2011, 02:32:16 pm »

Well, if a civil war is brewing hom, time may be on his side, not yours.

Time is on our side. Terenos' perfect bloodless victory left him with a city full of people and three regiments worth of men unarmed but experienced in war. If he had managed to evacuate the population in time, or if he had made specific preparations about stockpilling food for the coming siege, he could hold out for months, but right now there are thousands upon thousands of people blocked in that city and ready to starve. His troops will probably have to deal with a rebellion before we do.

And at that point, Terenos' bloodless occupation will have to become at least somewhat bloody, if he wants to keep the city, and then he will loose the loyalty of the people of Mileht...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:08 pm »

Ardas, why would the DE soldiers let your messenger speak to the townsfolk? If you want to subvert them, shoot messages with a catapult or something.

great idea, thanks.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:17 pm »

@Dwarmin: Sorry to hear that, dude. I can't really blame you, I've had a few regrettable rants on here after letting off-line stuff get to me. :\

@Terenos: Is it for certain the entire Storm Coast wants Ligoria weakened? It seemed to me that most of them just didn't want to be involved one way or the other, which is an entirely different thing.

@Shootandrun: Don't forget there's the possibility of illness in Mileth, as rolled earlier.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: December 05, 2011, 02:35:12 pm »

The Storm coast is opposed to empire building.

No one offered any aid to Ligoria in this battle.(After ligoria openly built up, militarily)

Connect the dots. They clearly suspect something, and will move openly if Ligoria tries to build an empire. Ligoria has no allies so its not really a great situation here.

Also, the Ligorian army has no siege equipment.
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 634