Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287693 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8235 on: December 03, 2011, 11:48:55 pm »

Sounds good.

Wait, sorry. Laythe knocked you unconscious. In fact, you have been severely injured.

You may want to start rolling up a new character.

PPE: Laythe be crazy. But no one could have suspected her of breaking the unwritten rules of warfare in such a crass and despicable manner. Sorry, man- the antagonist card cannot get you out of this one. I will veto an attempt to execute/treat you (in this situation) without your (OOC) permission. Laythe's own intestinal tract will reach up through her neck and strangle her brain if she tries that.
In other words, you get to escape. Or be released. Because otherwise this is a stupid story:
"The DE invaded in 416a. Then a mad queen killed their general during peaceful negotiations, and that was that."
Whereas
"The DE invaded in 416a. Then a mad queen attacked their general during peaceful negotiations, and captured him. But he was released/escaped, and rejoined his armies, having learnt a valuable lesson: the people of the Storm Coast are absolute monsters who deserve no mercy."
Makes an interesting story. If a slightly odd one.
Long Live United Forenia!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: December 04, 2011, 12:08:33 am »

Just go home, so I havent caught up...but from what i understand? Here's my current stance:

Tari, you have 3 options!
1) Retcon
2) Accept that you've captured a stunt double (plausible because A) no one know what he looks like, B) No one made an attempt to roll against deception)
3) I roll for Civil War come your return to Talama based at a minimum -3 penalty due to the action of both you AND your marshal! Namely:
-Marching to war against a peacful occupation (Generously being a -0 cause yeah, DE and all)
-Basically declaring Martial Law by putting the General(Marshal) in charge while you were away(-1)
--The actions OF said marshal, pissing people off by abusing his station (-1)
-Attacking an enemy general during peaceful negotiations(-1)
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: December 04, 2011, 12:17:43 am »

It is a pretty stupid story. But thats the story we have now. Honestly think my char's getting out of this? anope! I'm..lets see..Severely injured giving them plenty of time to place me in some prison/dungeon/what have you. Taricus would spare no expense making this prison very well manned, guarded, so on. I'm not escaping, i'm not getting released.
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it werent for those meddling kids. Na na nah nah nah, whats new scooby doo?

So yeah. The Arctic Fox dies of his injuries. Ligoria takes Mileth without any losses (cause my army just surrenders now), gains what..27 ducats? And control over Mileth..hmm..yeah... Things look grim for the rest of the Storm Coast. What a dull story. I suppose we can watch as Laythe stomps everyone in turn. How fun.

Plus, watching how even an antagonist can die just like that..Think this'll keep peoples interest? Does anyone else think thats a fitting end for me?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: December 04, 2011, 12:22:12 am »

Actually, she left Avitus in charge, who is just a scholar.

Still. I doubt that Thunderblade and Nikephoros will be amused by this turn of events. That leaves Laythe with almost no support at all. The deceleration of civil war would, at that point, be merely a formality.

So, who's the new monarch for Ligoria?

I'm thinking Thunderblade. Good, noble person, has the right attitude, aura, good relations with other men of power, understands a lick of subtlety- I'd vote for him, if monarchs were elected.

Plus, watching how even an antagonist can die just like that..Think this'll keep peoples interest? Does anyone else think thats a fitting end for me?
No. Which is why Taricus will not be allowed to do that.
Ideally, one of her followers will suggest that they bandage you up and return you to the city, then dispose of Laythe as soon as you are out of sight. That would be the honourable- and sensible- thing to do, at this point.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: December 04, 2011, 12:26:39 am »

15 seconds after returning to camp, Laythe, will gather her regiment, arrest her nobles (cause I fingered someone as a dragon empire agent) and she'll assume full control over the army.
There wont be a chance for anyone to stop this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: December 04, 2011, 12:27:40 am »

-2 Penalty, I left Avitus in charge. Then take another -1 due to the fact only Kathos and Laythe ever knew of it.

And stuff like this happened all the time in RL

Now would you kindly wait until I've gotten some sleep to discuss these kinds of things next time?

EDIT: Or maybe you've underestimated your value :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: December 04, 2011, 12:31:40 am »

Actually given your attitude lately Tari, you seem to be overestimating your own. You've been making a lot of comments lately like you have some say in the way things happen. You've been given your options.

You may be the only ones that knew, but daily duties would require people to shwo up at the throne looking for an audience with whoever is in charge. Gives the -1 back
-You automatically get a -1 for marching off to war, an action that (as a queen) is quite insane as it'll likely end in your death.
-'whoever' is left in charge, is intentionally pissing off the locals (entirely on suspicion via metagaming, nothing has happened within Talama to assume there's anything going on) so still gaining the -1 there
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:33:48 am by CyberGenesis »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: December 04, 2011, 12:33:48 am »

15 seconds after returning to camp, Laythe, will gather her regiment, arrest her nobles (cause I fingered someone as a dragon empire agent) and she'll assume full control over the army.
There wont be a chance for anyone to stop this.
She cannot do this.

Her army is not loyal to her. They are loyal to coin, the minor nobles they are the levies of, or just the idea of killing DE folks.

If Laythe disposes of her nobles, 75% of her forces will instantly turn on her.

And stuff like this happened all the time in RL
Two points:
1)This is not RL. This is a game, which seeks to tell a story. Occasionally this involves doing unrealistic things because it makes the story better.
2)I would like an example from history of a monarch personally assaulting an opposing general during peaceful negotiations.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:36:07 am by NUKE9.13 »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: December 04, 2011, 12:35:16 am »

If Laythe disposes of her nobles, 75% of her forces will instantly turn on her.

lowball it at 50%, theres still a full stack in mileth

Taking mileth will cause a revolt, You already rolled loyalty to Terenos

Honestly nuke, i'm sorta disappointed you allowed the tackle attempt at all.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: December 04, 2011, 12:41:35 am »

What army would turn on her? The 2 or 3 noble levy's she brought? Annihilated due to the limitations on upgrades for noble levies. The Queen paid the wages of the army. No one else -has- much in the way of army, even if its there. Besides, as you like to point out, shes the mad queen. Its entirely plausible she'd do these things. And people just go with it.
Or did you forget that her nobility has no power, and is basically a bunch of figureheads to provide her with crap levies to lose in battles?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: December 04, 2011, 12:49:16 am »

Honestly nuke, i'm sorta disappointed you allowed the tackle attempt at all.
Well, I figured there is no way it could go well for Laythe; she was going to look like a crazy, amoral psychobitch infront of the only people still loyal to her. And there isn't really a reason- other than pure 'story'- that she couldn't do it. And Laythe has established herself to be entirely batshit crazy, so, much as I loathe to say it, it was a plausible course of action.

Though I will happily retcon it out of existence. But eventually Laythe will just pull another crazy stunt, and another, and another. At some point we have to stop saying "nope; doesn't make sense" and say, "Okay, you want to be crazy? Be crazy. See how you are dethroned in the next 7 minutes"

What army would turn on her? The 2 or 3 noble levy's she brought? Annihilated due to the limitations on upgrades for noble levies. The Queen paid the wages of the army. No one else -has- much in the way of army, even if its there. Besides, as you like to point out, shes the mad queen. Its entirely plausible she'd do these things. And people just go with it.
Or did you forget that her nobility has no power, and is basically a bunch of figureheads to provide her with crap levies to lose in battles?
No, you don't understand. The regiments which 'belong' to the Queen are not all her personal bodyguards. Some are mercenenaries. Some are made up of levies from minor (NPC) nobles. They are under her 'command', but they are not loyal to her.
Look. I am making a GM statement, here:
Laythe cannot dispose of (all) her nobles. Cannot. Be. Done.
Laythe cannot have AF executed/tortured/thrown into jail forever. Cannot. Be. Done.
Taricus cannot decide to play the singleplayer campaign of YAK II. Cannot. Be. Done.
So stop arguing in favour of the scenario where you are entirely doomed, when I am telling you you are not. Heck, this is a good thing, because it gets rid of Laythe.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: December 04, 2011, 12:55:23 am »

Wait, so I'm being punished for being genre-savvy? That hardly sounds fair...

And I hardly think taking the enemy general is crazy, considering it means that his entire force is not as capable without him...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: December 04, 2011, 12:58:20 am »

He conveys a +1 tactics, thats all. They still have the tactical upgrades (not to mention the 3 mileth regiments he disarmed, who are loyal to him) to split your army on every round and widdle away at your army. You took this from a win-win to a loss by being belligerent. As i ruled for Avitus' insanity, so has nuke...if you want to be insane, you pay for it

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: December 04, 2011, 01:01:32 am »

He can't give the orders if he's in my camp though, that's the thing. THAT is why he was so important. They're still able to counter tactics, they just can't initiate their own.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: December 04, 2011, 01:04:45 am »

One could make the argument that her troops are loyal because shes paying the wages, shes the one who levied them up. ..they're from her city..and are thus her citizens...

However it doesnt really -matter- what goes down now. You've removed my character from play, permanently. As you said I should roll something new cause there aint no damn way I'm getting back into this.
Because you can't say I cant be thrown into jail forever. The dice would have dominion there, and if you cheated there, well, you'd lose credibility as a GM. And as I'm in another character's power, you cannot prevent my execution. You didn't do it to save ..whats his name, the peacekeeper of Moun when you could have just stepped in and said 'they find the documents stating you're a Peacekeeper of Moun'. So you cannot do it here.

But you cant deny, By removing the only existing foil and giving the queen 27 more ducats, well, things are going to get ridiculous very quickly.
---
@Taricus, Only..There are skilled captains leading each regiment (or 6 of them rather), so I'm sure they can do their own tactics. I wouldnt have control over them, they'd be GM controlled.
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 634