Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287781 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8145 on: December 02, 2011, 11:37:41 pm »

He allready did.
Rectyl told him he's an Elv after Rectyl tried the bond on him.
William didn't really think anything of it. Except to threaten Rectyl with pointy death if he ever tried that again.
What i'm looking foward to is when the DE try the bond on William. That would make an awesome story part.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: December 02, 2011, 11:39:06 pm »

I mean further than a lizard telling him that he's one :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: December 02, 2011, 11:47:11 pm »

Who else would.
Who else actually knows that the Vadud are Elvs?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: December 03, 2011, 02:04:17 am »

The Elvs of Hatcur? Besides the Mavs, of course.

On a related note, are you done with the remaining Elv Bloodlines or can I go and make some, Fili?

On another related note, does anyone mind if I make a map of Hatcur and a page for it on the wiki?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:38:29 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: December 03, 2011, 05:22:13 am »

I've just read through the Hatcuri and elv backstory and ehh... Humans being engineered into existence is tad extreme, considering their subsequent rebellion (which they should have been unable to organize if they were designed as servants). Maybe enslaving hunter-gatherers and giving them knowledge of things would work better, and would make for example the Taloisistic creation myth have the quality of recalling ancient lost history (with hatcuri being the monsters hating on humans, and the bright one being the first revolutionary.)
Elvs being engineered as foremen and all that follows, I like.

I don't know whether anyone else would like my correction, I just thought that this kind of twist would make things seem more
interesting.

E: BTW, who is of what religion? I assumed that Taloisism in Storm Coast is like Christianity in Europe. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, any invocations of god that Nikephoros made and may make from time to time refer to the Taloisistic god. (I should say "by light" but whatever).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:32:42 am by Ardas »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: December 03, 2011, 05:31:30 am »

Makes more sense to me...But maybe humans were originally designed for more intellectual tasks, then the Elvs were made instead.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: December 03, 2011, 07:15:45 am »

I've just read through the Hatcuri and elv backstory and ehh... Humans being engineered into existence is tad extreme, considering their subsequent rebellion (which they should have been unable to organize if they were designed as servants). Maybe enslaving hunter-gatherers and giving them knowledge of things would work better, and would make for example the Taloisistic creation myth have the quality of recalling ancient lost history (with hatcuri being the monsters hating on humans, and the bright one being the first revolutionary.)
Elvs being engineered as foremen and all that follows, I like.
Humans being engineered from whole cloth- that is what was passed down from Iituem. See post 3400. I imagined that the wizard-emperor was a bit of a dick, and so designed the Humans poorly on purpose, so that after his death the empire would collapse. Or maybe he grew fond of the humans over his extended lifespan, so that he eventually decided that they should be free. Or rogue Hacturi had the same sort of thoughts, and organised the rebellion on the human's behalf.
Having humanity already exist, and merely being enhanced and enslaved by the Hacturi works too, though. I dunno; it's all ancient history. Not even the wisest Hacturi could tell you exactly how it went down- humanity's origins is irrelevant, as the consequences remain the same.

That Taloisism is a metaphor for early Human/Hacturi relations is blatantly obvious.

E: BTW, who is of what religion? I assumed that Taloisism in Storm Coast is like Christianity in Europe. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, any invocations of god that Nikephoros made and may make from time to time refer to the Taloisistic god. (I should say "by light" but whatever).
Taloisism is not as dominant as Christianity was. It is by its very nature a less controlling religion, more content to let people explore their own paths. But most people are Taloisists, yes. One assumes that all characters from the Storm Coast are Taloisists unless stated otherwise.

Hugo is actually quite an ardent follower of Taloisism. He will swear by the light on occasion, or express surprise by invoking the beasts below. Also, the nautical metaphors. (Lo Shalt The Blind Be Mine Pilot, And Guide Me Through The Darkest Storm.) Or invoke pieces of Taloisist mythology. (Denyllan the kleptomaniac)
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: December 03, 2011, 10:31:21 am »

The scout captain is not a PC, he leads the scout regiment. Since I finished talking with Sheb, I am also in favor of a timeskip to Mileth.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: December 03, 2011, 11:03:54 am »

No, the scout captain isn't a PC. However, I do RP as him when necessary.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: December 03, 2011, 11:06:14 am »

Do you want to RP, or can we just assumed I got hired as a scout?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: December 03, 2011, 11:09:32 am »

I can assume Wilheim let you join the regiment, unless you want to RP.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: December 03, 2011, 12:10:21 pm »

What dastardly plan is Sheb up to now...  :)

Eh, should be interesting, as long as he doesn't get caught by Talas guards.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: December 03, 2011, 12:19:11 pm »

Possibly just being a stalker :P

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: December 03, 2011, 12:26:34 pm »

Ahah, sheb, planning something? No, not his style. He's of course only looking for the perfect time to came with flowers and presents without being disturbed by some noisy guards.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: December 03, 2011, 12:27:53 pm »

Is everyone ready? I would assume so.  Unless someone speaks out, i will write up something for our arrival to Mileth in couple hours time, once i finished my work.
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 634