Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287882 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8070 on: December 02, 2011, 03:20:22 am »

So your plan is to have 2 men search every messenger in and out of Ligoria? Half Retcyl's shit is sent by bird. Tala and Terenos speak of parties - in haiku.

Your definition to spot a messenger also applies to every merchant as well - and to be fair, they double as messengers a lot as well. So fine, i'll allow your insanity. Just don't bitch later when the side effects of pissing people off show up. You can't search every messenger, open every noble, merchant or peasant's mail and expect there NOT to be consequenses. Please, continue then. I'll roll it all up tomorrow after work.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: December 02, 2011, 05:09:39 am »

But I think he got a point that rushing Polca was really easy. There were 3 gardhouses no? He only got one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: December 02, 2011, 05:19:09 am »

When I think about it, taking over Polca does seem ridiculously easy. Why hasn't it been annexed by now? It's no holy city like Moun nor does it have any great army...I'm guessing it's filled with criminals/really poor?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: December 02, 2011, 05:33:52 am »

Actually, that'd be a fun outcome: The lord walking out saying "You want that shithole? Be my guest." And William realising the city's so shitty the only thing to be gained from it are lices.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: December 02, 2011, 05:34:18 am »

Seriously, drop the mail thing.

Thing is, I bet they do something like that in the Dragon Empire, but that is because a country like that must have a developed postal system. Ligoira is nothing like that. Until we grow, and estabish a sensible postal system of our own, Avitus will have to find a different way of doing things.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: December 02, 2011, 05:37:42 am »

Standing with Sheb and micelus on Polca. I'm not saying filiusenox shouldn't be allowed to take over Polca, just that it seems like they're ridiculous weakwilled. I mean, "he set our guardhouse on fire! Let's go cry in our beer instead of even making an arrest attempt!" And if the gangs have power in the city, wouldn't they be upset over some new guy coming in and trying to take all the control for himself? Surely at least some of them would have tried to stop him from getting to the castle. And the lord's a total dumbass if he didn't even try to lock the place down. I mean who the hell just leaves all the doors unlocked and sits around with like three guards waiting for a hostile force to approach them?

Now that I think about, Polca deserves to be taken without a fight, they're so stupid...

ninja'd: Yeah, pretty much Sheb.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: December 02, 2011, 05:58:24 am »

Nuke, given the information i've been PM'ing around about the gangs are you content with your action?
Yes. The Fists may be the most powerful gang, but they are not the only gang. Merging other gangs into the Fists will give us more control over the city.
One assumes that most gangs would object to being stripped of their independence.
Thus, the Fist's tacticians (and Hugo), have decided to make an example out of a weaker gang, so that the others will be less inclined to object when the Fist expands their reach.

When I think about it, taking over Polca does seem ridiculously easy. Why hasn't it been annexed by now? It's no holy city like Moun nor does it have any great army...I'm guessing it's filled with criminals/really poor?
The reason that people do not walk into cities, murder the guards, and take them over by force- with no warning or justification- is that other people might object to their actions.

William has not fought a particularly impressive battle of arms, but if he wants to keep the city, he will have to fight a very impressive battle of diplomacy.

Not to mention the fact that there is pretty much no way his family won't get word of this. Which means assassins by the boatload.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: December 02, 2011, 05:59:30 am »

Good enough...Which just means more times to test my Bonding skills.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: December 02, 2011, 06:04:50 am »

Human assassins Mic...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:19 am »

Weird still, a normal invasion is also opposed by the population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: December 02, 2011, 06:09:45 am »

Oh right, humans...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: December 02, 2011, 06:25:14 am »

Weird still, a normal invasion is also opposed by the population.
Actually we are talking about a timeperiod when loyalty to the state was not the norm. So long as the invaders weren't massive dicks, and had basically the same culture, no one would really give a shit- at least, not the lower classes. They just rolled over and took it.

It wasn't until about 1630 that someone came up with the idea that the people might have any say whatsoever if someone chose to invade their country.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: December 02, 2011, 06:26:32 am »

Will fails on both counts then, from being from a different region, AND deciding that burning a guardhouse is a good idea...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: December 02, 2011, 06:26:55 am »

Haven't we had this discussion about 'real history vs. YaK history' before? Like twenty times some minor issue came up? ::)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: December 02, 2011, 06:27:49 am »

But why would people oppose William taking over the city this way more than by a straight-up invasion?

Taric: Burning a Guardhouse isn't being massive dick. Being a massive dick is letting you troops run wild, pillaging raping and arsoning the whole city.

Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 634