Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288030 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7965 on: November 30, 2011, 03:39:20 pm »

I was just going to go make a list of the different types of Herbs that are in Itu. For simplification. Doesn't mean that they can't make up new ones, ethier. I'm just bored and don't want to work on something else.
Well, it can't hurt, and I doubt anyone would object.

If you want to spend a while writing flavour, though, I may have a more productive idea; although the world is fairly standard, there are certain concepts- the hacturi, for one- which are slightly less ordinary, and may confuse newcomers. If you would like to write up a summary of the elv/hacturi situation (such as it has been defined), and perhaps stick that on the wiki, that would be helpful, as well as alleviating your boredom (hopefully)
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: November 30, 2011, 03:42:07 pm »

Okay then. And would you like a page summarizing each race, labeling their latent abilities and such?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:47:24 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: November 30, 2011, 03:45:29 pm »

Posting this to remind NUKE...

Ouch.

How many Ducats will it cost the Queen or one of the nobles to help?

Also, having both a population growth penalty AND an income reduction sems more like a result for a [1] rather than a two...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: November 30, 2011, 04:01:34 pm »

@Nuke: Yeah, I could use some information on Elvs. I was originally thinking of making Chrionas one of those for Will, but then I read it's only his family or something? A clarification in the wiki would help tons-and avoid unfortunate misunderstandings. :X

Posting this to remind NUKE...

Ouch.

Also, having both a population growth penalty AND an income reduction sems more like a result for a [1] rather than a two...

a [1] might have been a kingdom destroying epidemic. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: November 30, 2011, 04:05:13 pm »

However, that may be straying to far from what's supposed to be a harvest roll...

And if Chrionas was an elv, Will might have a few more knives and far less life expectancy :P

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: November 30, 2011, 04:05:58 pm »

@Nuke: Yeah, I could use some information on Elv[s. I was originally thinking of making Chrionas one of those for Will, but then I read it's only his family or something? A clarification in the wiki would help tons-and avoid unfortunate misunderstandings. :X

I'm going to have to talk with Micelus and a Gm on if there is more than one line of Elvs.

But in other news, William signed his death certificate if she is...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: November 30, 2011, 04:09:26 pm »

See, I was wise to not touch that with a ten foot pole then. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: November 30, 2011, 06:05:26 pm »

Medicine; the distribution thereof, will help alleviate the worst of the disease's effects.
1 unit distributed in a city will cancel out the growth penalty.
1 unit distributed over the countryside will cancel the income reduction in 15 parcels of land.
According to the goods list, Medicine is a tier two good; the base price is 4 ducats. Yes; it is a pretty pricey affair. Probably best to just leave the peasants to die.
You could also try less reliable methods of curing the disease. Possibly the Sholans would be willing to share their knowledge of medicine with you. Possibly quarantines could be imposed on the infected, the plague doctors brought in and corpses burnt. Unlike using the trade good Medicine, these methods are not guaranteed to succeed.

Also, having both a population growth penalty AND an income reduction seems more like a result for a [1] rather than a two...
On the scale of harvest:
1: People die en masse; urban population decreases, taxes are significantly reduced, even PCs may be at risk.
2: Peasants die; growth is reduced, taxes are reduced.
3: Nothing happens.
4: Life is good; taxes are increased, growth is increased.
5: Life is easy; taxes are significantly increased, population boom in cities, miscellaneous bonuses to various things.
6: I dunno, something crazy. Life is good; taxes are increased, plus some other effects, which will be made up on the fly (and should be an even mix of good and bad)

The world is a harsh place, especially before people think up ideas like hygiene and industrialization. The population of a renaissance city could plummet alarmingly due to war and plagues, only to skyrocket after a wave of immigrants and a few good harvests.
!! It suddenly occurs that Laythe's investments in poorhouses should provide a bonus to population growth.

@Nuke: Yeah, I could use some information on Elv[s. I was originally thinking of making Chrionas one of those for Will, but then I read it's only his family or something? A clarification in the wiki would help tons-and avoid unfortunate misunderstandings. :X
I'm going to have to talk with Micelus and a Gm on if there is more than one line of Elvs.
A single bloodline, which over thousands of years has been so successful at wiping itself out that it had at the beginning of YAK 1 only one surviving descendant, is unlikely.
I think we can safely say that there was more than one line originally created by the wizard-emperor, and that those lines have since split into more lines.
How many more is an excellent question which really depends on what we want Elvs to be like. And I don't know what we want elvs to be like. I have spent an agonising amount of time thinking about it, but I can't decide what makes the most sense. Or any sense, really. Augh, I dunno.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: November 30, 2011, 06:11:49 pm »

Me and Micelus have figured that there are Nine major lines left. Unless people want more or less.
Three of which still exist in Hatcur, and the rest are scattered to the four winds.One of which is the Changer/Vadud line.
Originally there was lets say...hundreds of lines, but they got killed off by something or purged.
The rest is still being discussed, but apparently not every bloodline is like the Changer/Vadud one.

In other news, does anybody know how to change titles on pages on the Wiki?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:24:13 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: November 30, 2011, 06:26:46 pm »

And I'm guessing that the Vadud line is the only one outside of Hatcur/Dragon control?

And Nuke, my major beef with it is the reduced income that takes affect AFTER I've spent all the tax money...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: November 30, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »

Nah, most of the Bloodlines are free.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: November 30, 2011, 06:30:25 pm »

Idea: Since all the expenses and everything had already been calculated before the epidemic was rolled, why not just mark it down for Summer and add the losses to Ligoria then as well as whatever the rolls for Summer indicate?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: November 30, 2011, 07:23:09 pm »

Eh?

Oh. Right. Harvest implies the income of the previous year.

Right yes durrr obviously.

For some reason I thought that the harvest roll indicated what the income of the coming year would be. Which is really quite a silly thing to think.

Bluh bluh yeah ok forget the whole thing. The harvest roll was a three this year, income is unmodified. Next year, I swear to goodness, I will get things right.

The sniffles still happen but that is just an inconsequential random event.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:26:17 pm by NUKE9.13 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: November 30, 2011, 07:48:07 pm »

Well, you could roll next season to see if the sniffles turn into pneumonia ;D

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: November 30, 2011, 07:50:28 pm »

Well, you could roll next season to see if the sniffles turn into pneumonia ;D
I agree.

Anywho, has any group claimed the cross as a symbol?
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 634