Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286960 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7650 on: November 27, 2011, 12:20:57 pm »

Did that get handled? Unlikely as it seems that they will arrive on time, it is possible that a few favourable dice could get you one or two regiments from border forts come to lend a hand.
Personally I would be using your massive army to upgrade the defences of mileth as much as possible.

The taxes of mileth- in theory that is- 18 ducats from land, +8 from population and market. Plus 4.5 manpower. So long as you have a secure supply route to the empire your (starting army's) upkeep is paid for, so, yeah, that would put you 26 ducats in the black.
...I think you have no right to complain about balance.

Haven't his orders been well-defined as the 'screw that general' tour of duty? Why would he get reinforcements, even if he asked for them?
Yeah, but there's the image of the DE to worry about. They don't want to look (too) weak, and they are so gigantic, sending a dozen extra regiments is chump change for them.
And yes, if it actually looks like he might win, holy shit, you will need to literally build walls across every mountain pass to the empire to stop the reinforcements from coming.
An even which has historical precedent. You would actually just have to retake and repair the walls.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: November 27, 2011, 12:22:22 pm »

I was really expecting something describing Polca.
But Eh, time to go kill some things. people and lords and fight my way through the ranks of power...
This is going to be fun.

Oh and yeah, I would ally with Terenos, but I'm a bit too far away, and I expect that if I leave after my plan is complete, that it'll be ruined by Galam marching in anmd wrecking it.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: November 27, 2011, 12:25:40 pm »

I wouldn't argue this point if it hadn't been said that the Arctic Fox was specifically sent here to be killed off. They don't WANT him to win. It's been said that he's only here to fight and die against the Storm Coast; so far he's played it intelligently by taking Mileth relatively peacefully and marshaling his forces rather than attack, but the point remains that the authority in DE want him gone because he's a threat to them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: November 27, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »

Terenos, I don't really see why you're complaining about the extra troops, they aren't going to be used against you (Considering it's ony four ducats worth of a bonus, and it only applies once)...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: November 27, 2011, 12:34:48 pm »

Do you treat all your underlings that way, Ardas?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: November 27, 2011, 12:35:18 pm »

Not to mention the 5 I still have.. Yeah, Im going to need more engineers. Time to turn Mileth into a fort...Or a castle.
Barring that, I'm totally sneaking off with 31 ducats of wealth.

As far as my reinforcement roll, CG rolled "[2] A horse is found, healthy but not nearly as fast as the runner would like. It will likely be the end of winter, if not mid-spring, before he reaches the Border and secures reinforcements. He claims his report will detail the skill, speed and lack of losses you took the city with." So its been handled up until now.
--
Given the history of the Dead Man's Command, anyone tasked to it can safely assume no help is coming unless you do amazing work. And even then its possible it can be bogged down by people who don't want you to succeed.

This will come down to ambition, and the weight of favoritism. Does the border fort commander want to be a part of my victory and share credit, or does he want to sit tight and not risk his job/life? Will he send my message onwards, or stonewall it to prevent favor from coming my way? Will he march out with the intent of stealing my command and my credit?

Certainly the posting is to get rid of troublesome/ambitious generals. But say I had 4 more victories under my belt. Would they still ignore it? Every victory brings with it the potential for them to change their mind regarding me. Especially what amounts to a -flawless- victory over Mileth.

Edit: Additionally its not about not wanting me to win, its about not wanting me to survive. Theres a crucial difference. If I can claim victories, the opinion of me might change, or they might reinforce my position and assassinate me after everythings calmed down and the area is secured.
--
@Taricus: Sure sure they wont be used against me.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:37:29 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: November 27, 2011, 12:38:05 pm »

@Terenos: Eh, you should do great. When you die, it will be glorious, and you can just sign up to be the NEXT military threat that faces Ligoria, right?  8)

And next time, I would say you get in a better position than the one you got this time. Ramp up the difficulty for everybody!

Also, Horses can't climb walls, yeah.

@Ardas: See, SC was already on the ball. I thought I would help him out roleplaying wise. Did I reveal anything he didn't already know himself? Nah. It's not a stretch to think they would have discussed it IC, either, eventually.

If I had given him direct OOC orders to do something on my behalf, or told him "DONT TRUST NIKEPHOROS", then you might be onto something. You're just fishing, looking to weaken my position, I guess.

Remember, I'm not like you, playing a no-risk General with all the emotional range of a brick, and pretty much no threats to his plans at all...lol

What I mean is, you're in an awfully comfortable position to judge how I choose to play. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: November 27, 2011, 12:47:19 pm »

Look, we're cominhg THIS season, those troops will still be training at that point so they can't be used...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: November 27, 2011, 12:50:56 pm »

@filus: Yeah, Nikephoros is running the risk of turning Pasha against him. I can turn this entire battle in the Arctic Fox's favor... Of course Vandire doesn't know that, since Tala being a spy isn't IC knowledge for most people, but let's just say Pasha's loyalty to Ligoria (not Tala) is based on coin: he has as much as he has gotten, and he hasn't received any pay.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: November 27, 2011, 12:53:32 pm »

Well, you didn't ask for any from the queen you know...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: November 27, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »

Well, the thing is that being a general with emotions of a brick lets me run things on behalf of a queen which can barely contain herself in her fits of rage. And risk is no good when you have so many people depend on you (namely the army, people in Mileth and god knows who else) .
And don't worry. I will bring more character development as the time moves along. But for now I want to see how will Tala fare against someone who thinks with his head and not his dick. Because she seems to be surrounded with those men(SC and Sheb for example), and Nikephoros is pretty dull if he is not fighting. Isn't it in my bio that Niko is cynical and reserved? 30+ years of warfare and blood tends to desentisize you.

Also, I doubt one regiment can turn the battle against us.

E: @filus : Nope, only the sloppy ones. Didn't I interact with soldiers in winter and sent them wine for New Year? Pasha simply made the wrong first impression with that overly friendly letter to someone he doesn't know.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:57:54 pm by Ardas »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: November 27, 2011, 12:57:41 pm »

Actually I want to point out that Dwarmin's the one who is sex-crazed. I'm just going along with it. :p And I don't have to do anything myself. I can just ask Tala to slip an agent into my troops and have him tell the Arctic Fox all of the plans. Anyway if you read the post you'll figure out why Pasha doesn't like Vandire.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:01:56 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: November 27, 2011, 01:01:29 pm »

Problem is is that the spy is still in a regiment that will have to face the Fox's troops, so that plan may not work.

Making me damned glad that I never mentioned that we'll be getting any help too :P

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: November 27, 2011, 01:05:40 pm »

Actually I want to point out that Dwarmin's the one who is sex-crazed. I'm just going along with it. :p And I don't have to do anything myself.
*Cough* I agree *cough*

Anywho, you can always tell the characther of the man, by looking at how he treats his subordinates. William treats his men like little brothers and is actually sad when they die...

E: @filus : Nope, only the sloppy ones. Didn't I interact with soldiers in winter and sent them wine for New Year? Pasha simply made the wrong first impression with that overly friendly letter to someone he doesn't know.
Oh, I didn't read that. But still...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: November 27, 2011, 01:07:36 pm »

Spies will be useless. I will be sieging Mileth(great revelation here) and Arctic Fox will be given an option of walking out with his men unharmed. I don't want to kill the man if he surreenders, and his men will be let home or whatever queen decides (no executing or slavery though, Niko will object to that).
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 634