Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286944 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7635 on: November 27, 2011, 10:37:02 am »

For all Laythe knows, Nikephoros could be a spy!  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: November 27, 2011, 10:37:48 am »

I don't believe he mentioned it to her directly. I think only Araph's character knows his full titles, and maybe Nikephoros, and Tala know Avitus is a noble.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: November 27, 2011, 10:42:43 am »

Weell, I guess it's safe to assume that Laythe know his last name?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: November 27, 2011, 10:53:54 am »

Yes of course...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:32 am »

Odds are is that she also knows that he is of noble birth then...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: November 27, 2011, 11:24:53 am »

If you're giving such powerful units away cheaper than the norm, they should have some penalties.

This brings to mind a sort of crusade/jihad/other sort of "holy" war. The purpose is to kick me out. So these are zealots, not necessarily trained troops, So I am somewhat opposed to them being Heavy 3 Cavalry of ALL DAMN THINGS. You're effectively giving away Str 5 units for half price. There should be some cost to this down the road that is yet unseen.
Possible ideas: they desert after my ass is kicked, they return home to their lives (successful crusade, folks mostly return home)
Or a situation where they have to keep winning battles against DE troops, or morale penalties lead them to desert.

Im all for sentiment against the Dragon Empire causing some effects throughout the Storm Coast. But cheap troops with no penalties is not the way to go. So I dearly hope that there is a plan in place there.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: November 27, 2011, 11:41:10 am »

If you're giving such powerful units away cheaper than the norm, they should have some penalties.

This brings to mind a sort of crusade/jihad/other sort of "holy" war. The purpose is to kick me out. So these are zealots, not necessarily trained troops, So I am somewhat opposed to them being Heavy 3 Cavalry of ALL DAMN THINGS. You're effectively giving away Str 5 units for half price. There should be some cost to this down the road that is yet unseen.
Possible ideas: they desert after my ass is kicked, they return home to their lives (successful crusade, folks mostly return home)
Or a situation where they have to keep winning battles against DE troops, or morale penalties lead them to desert.

Im all for sentiment against the Dragon Empire causing some effects throughout the Storm Coast. But cheap troops with no penalties is not the way to go. So I dearly hope that there is a plan in place there.

Thing is: these soldierson't be with us for long, seeing the upkeep figures and whatnot, unless we go for a masivel landgrab (which I plan to do). Besides, you will be removed either way, so i don't see how this affects you.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: November 27, 2011, 11:49:18 am »

Thats the thing. There is right now, no negative when you take into account your long term plans of annexing a large amount of land.

And with that land you can pay the troops their normal upkeep, and without me theres no major threat in the area. So that will allow you guys to push your influence yet further/stand against the storm coast powers when they come after you. Hence cheaper troops alters the flow of the game.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: November 27, 2011, 11:52:36 am »

Well, I agree that you have been royally screwed over by the presence of half-price heavy III knights (and Ligoria given an excellent advantage over others). In my defence:
This is the product of two consecutive fives- the best possible result for the Coasters, the worst possible result for you.
It is a one off thing, representing all of the ill-will against the DE in Ligoria 'spent'. No more (tangible) bonuses will be forthcoming.
If Laythe fails to maintain her war against the DE, those troops may be disappointed. They will not disband the instant the war ends, but they might object strongly if peace is made which does not leave the DE beaten and out of the Coast for the next few decades.
You get free units as a matter of course. Have you sent for reinforcements yet? I can start rolling to see when and in what numbers they arrive, if that'll make you feel better.
The other nations of the Storm Coast can also (attempt to) recruit units on the cheap. Ligoria's attempts to use their anti-DE crusaders may be thwarted by other anti-DE crusaders.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: November 27, 2011, 11:56:12 am »

Dwarmin..... I believe you are stretching it a bit with your 'memory' thing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: November 27, 2011, 11:58:25 am »

Don't worry about it, he ninja'd me anyway and I didn't change anything about my post because I had intentionally left some of it vague. :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: November 27, 2011, 12:05:17 pm »

Y..es I have sent for reinforcements. Sent for em as my first act after seizing Mileth. So they might even arrive in time to influence the battle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: November 27, 2011, 12:11:18 pm »

Haven't his orders been well-defined as the 'screw that general' tour of duty? Why would he get reinforcements, even if he asked for them?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: November 27, 2011, 12:15:42 pm »

Either way it plays out I have a plan. 3 in fact.
On the one hand yes, they could abandon me and leave me to die.
On the other, I might be so successful (And I have been so far)t hat they're forced to say 'damnit we better give him some more troops he might actually win this!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: November 27, 2011, 12:17:43 pm »

I don't know. You've stated IC and OOC that you don't have any allies, and OOC have talked about joining forces with filiusenox to because you won't be getting back up from the DE.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 634