Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286974 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7530 on: November 26, 2011, 10:32:51 am »

Looks like you might have got everything there Dwarmin. Spring? We shall have many battles in spring, I am sure.
(and I'm sure CG can always retcon his winter trading)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: November 26, 2011, 10:33:30 am »

Oh, that takes the bad away from the early season change then :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: November 26, 2011, 10:37:30 am »

You know, instead of Laythe defeating the Arctic Fox or the Arctic Fox defeating Laythe, you could always take a third option and unite against the Dragon Empire. :3 Please don't hurt me Taric asked me to suggest that...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:40:02 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: November 26, 2011, 10:48:13 am »

Okay, read the rules, want to get into it... But I seriously don't want to read thousands of posts.

Is it okay if I roleplay being a country boy coming to the city for the first time? That way I got an excuse for finding stuff out as the game goes on. :p

Here would be my character.

Name: Sheb Dimplefeather
Description: Sheb is a young man of 20, with an average size and stature, but his outspoken nature often makes him seem larger than he is. He sport short, curly black hair, chestnut-brown eyes and a largish nose. His clothes, while obviously second-hand, are clean and comfortable: a beige tunic with matching pants and leather boots. A brown cap with a pheasant's feather rest on his head.

As you first see him, he is standing in the middle of the Marketplace looking lost, a large horse carrying his belonging behind him.

Background: Sheb Dimplefeather is the son of Howard Dimplefeather, a former sheriff that had more interests in business than in law enforcement. Using his knowledge of the country and its people at his advantage, he manage to buy several wind- and watermill, providing him with a moderate fortune.

As his father's son, Sheb was always a spoiled kid, spending his time running the wood, pursuing game and girls with the same enthusiasm. After one too many success in his pursuit of the country's maiden, Sheb got quite an argument with his father who was tired of his son's expensive hobby (The custom was that if an unmarried girl lost her virginity, the offender's family would have to pay for the girl's dowry) and accused him of being a worthless scum, only good for making a nuisance of himself. Hurt in his ego, Sheb decided to prove his father wrong and left that same night for the big city, to make a name and fortune for himself (Also, he heard from a merchant that the girls of Talama were much less shy than those of the country, but surely this had no effect on such a high-principled boy as Sheb).

Talents and Equipment:
-Sheb is a competent horseman and hunter, but his great talent lie in making court. His rugged good looks and ease when around women left many a broken heart behind him.
Talent:Don Juan: For some reasons, many women of good repute end up thinking about all kind of foolish things when around this man. Bad tongues says that activities far beyond thinking are taking place, but those are only rumours. (-1 Ducat)
-Money: Sheb came with quite a lot of money from his father's coffer. After all, you do need a launching pad to make a fortune: 1 Ducat

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: November 26, 2011, 10:51:48 am »

Nice. The Queen has someone who can take over Williams now vacant and completely looted and lawless territory.

My character makes a habit of greeting everyone, so if you need an 'in' you can use me to catch up on some IC stuff.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: November 26, 2011, 10:56:46 am »

You're handing out land like that? :p Shouldn't you like, try the man or something? Also, do I need approval from one of the GM to jump in?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: November 26, 2011, 10:59:00 am »

Well the most notable actions get put in the summaries. Those are the things you might know/have heard of. Gossip on the streets and so forth.

Also..Where are you planning to start? Most of the action will be taking place around Mileth (PC's of note... The Arctic Fox (Me)) or Talama (Ligoria's city, PC's of note: pretty much everyone else.)
Though you could also start in Shola, its the other city on the peninsula and Ligoria plans to claim it sometime this year. Those are the most likely areas to deal your character into the story.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: November 26, 2011, 10:59:57 am »

Always nice to have new blood. Word of warning though: hit on Dwarmin's character and we're going to have problems in character. :P Check the summary of the last season here with the knowledge that I'm Pasha and he's Tala. Anyway, I think a GM only has to check your starting equipment, but from the guidelines I was told earlier that looks about right. Also, I think we're waiting for a GM to officially 'start' the next season.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: November 26, 2011, 11:06:13 am »

I'll be in Talama. (No, it has nothing to do with rumors of easy girls... How dare you think such things?) I've read the seasons summaries, but cannot be bothered to go through hundred of pages of other stuff. Is there anything else I should know?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: November 26, 2011, 11:25:00 am »

In character, not really. OOC, you'll need more money than you can start with to buy businesses and get regiments and whatnot, and you can train five times a season towards getting a skill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: November 26, 2011, 11:30:00 am »

Just one for your character. DON'T HIT ON THE QUEEN!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: November 26, 2011, 11:36:52 am »

Well, I'm not expecting to be rolling in gold right now. You'll notice I awarded myself a single Ducat while I could have started with two.

Taricus, the Queen is of course too high a target for someone like me... But who knows what may happen in the future...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: November 26, 2011, 11:37:29 am »

Sheb Dimplefeather
Don't worry about catching up with stuff. You'll pick up what's important when its important.

Anyway, this character. Major skill in being absolutely gorgeous, ok. Note that there are several characters of a homo/bi-sexual nature, and the culture of the Storm Coast does not appear to have a serious objection to such unions, so you would be liable to receive attention from both sexes with this perk. Something to bear in mind, perhaps.

Money, fine. Simple country boy, fine. I can't see any reason why you can't just show up in Talama whenever you want.

Just one for your character. DON'T HIT ON THE QUEEN!
Hit on the queen hit on the queen hit on the queen hit on the queen hit on the queen.
Long Live United Forenia!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: November 26, 2011, 11:39:06 am »

Don't listen to Nuke yo he's bad for you. >.>

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: November 26, 2011, 11:41:05 am »

Especially due to the fact he's a GM.

But mind you Sheb, I believe that the starting amount is 3. I think anyway. And only the women at the docks are "Loose" in a sense :P
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 634