Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287262 times)

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7230 on: November 20, 2011, 01:57:55 am »

It won't need to be done in secret much longer, assuming William sees the usefulness in having a good mage in his service.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: November 20, 2011, 02:02:17 am »

Any mage is worth something to an empire. Even a bad one can be used to suicide half an army to death.

Which reminds me! The bird-messenger that was being sent to the Emperor? Was that to the Dragon Empire i'm guessing? I'll roll it that way and retcon it if needed....also i'm not entirely sure what the 'messege' was being sent...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: November 20, 2011, 02:37:38 am »

If your going to dump Tristan, then do something useful with him first.... Like killing Laythe...

Yeah, probably not happening. I was thinking of maybe just asking CG if he could be an NPC instead and other people could draw on him for whatever reason.

Being a merchant is an easy way to make money and -become- a person of use to others (mostly as someone to fund larger projects). Starting out like ardas or terenos is a great way to start out as a person of use, but also puts you in situations to die faster.

True, true. Would it be possible to start as an established merchant in a place or would it be better to start as a traveler who has a cargo of some sort?

Im going to rule against suicide-by-king. Simply because it's an asinine thing to do

Well, he has given his word to Lord Cain, and since he's staying in Shola the only possible person of interest he is in the position to attack is Lord Cain, and doing so would be detrimental to his next paycheck. So yeah, I'm not doing something like that. If anything I'd try to work up some Final Destination-style thing, simply for the WTF-ness of it.

EDIT2: @SC, There are a number of ways you could still use your current character if you wanted to go the merchant route. 3rd party funding of a few merchant ventures would be the most obvious. Merchanting is easy to pick up at any time. Suddenly becoming a general, however, would require training or a suddenly free NPC general to offset your lack of skills

Nah, I'd rather just start fresh. If you really want to keep Tristan around I can just release him into NPC-hood and Cain can hire him permanently as his general or something, so if Shola ever gets attacked at least Cain will have someone to delegate responsibilities to.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: November 20, 2011, 03:04:06 am »

I'm expecting William to rub off on Thomas.
He won't if you don't like that.
 ;D
By the way I beat Taricus to this line.
Hey, I was sleeping :P

At any rate, Dwarmin, you want someone to roll for your swordsmanship training (If you're still doing it)?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: November 20, 2011, 03:09:56 am »

Any mage is worth something to an empire. Even a bad one can be used to suicide half an army to death.

Which reminds me! The bird-messenger that was being sent to the Emperor? Was that to the Dragon Empire i'm guessing? I'll roll it that way and retcon it if needed....also i'm not entirely sure what the 'messege' was being sent...

I wasn't very clear on that, was I? I meant to the Emperor of Hatcur. I'll PM the message...If that's allowed.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: November 20, 2011, 03:19:42 am »

I wasn't very clear on that, was I? I meant to the Emperor of Hatcur. I'll PM the message...If that's allowed.
*Grabs maul* PM what exactly?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: November 20, 2011, 03:23:38 am »

A carrier pigeon message to the Dragon Emperor.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: November 20, 2011, 03:24:43 am »

You just ruined the joke :P

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: November 20, 2011, 03:25:45 am »

The message Retcyl is sending to the EMPRAH of Hatcur. I don't really have anything to hide, it's just that I don't know a way I can post it in the thread which would make sense. I can post it here if that's ok...Still typing it up.

Oh, a joke..oh well.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: November 20, 2011, 03:27:02 am »

Just post it in a quotebox & spoiler like CG did with the letters

EDIT: The joke was the maul bit :/

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: November 20, 2011, 03:29:20 am »

That wasn't a very funny joke.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: November 20, 2011, 03:30:43 am »

Yeah... I didn't think it was a joke either... :-\

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: November 20, 2011, 07:29:06 am »

At any rate, Dwarmin, you want someone to roll for your swordsmanship training (If you're still doing it)?

Yep. Assume Tala spends almost a week or two in training every month, drilling her army at the same time.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: November 20, 2011, 01:03:11 pm »

You can't roll for Tala's swordsmanship training? Isn't that giving you a bonus in the short run?

I have a few questions for CG:
When do I get my plus one to fighting, CG? Nevermind about this one.
Can I turn my bodyguard into a light berserker taticain unit?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:31:46 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: November 20, 2011, 01:06:32 pm »

You can't roll for Tala's swordsmanship training? Isn't that giving you a bonus in the short run?
Don't whinge about something I haven't rolled. Unless I do have to...
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 634