Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287448 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7080 on: November 18, 2011, 12:33:53 am »

Not really, a regiment gets its strength during melee ship combat. A simple crew has no strength.

Information on roll bonuses granted:
1) Ship combat is ill-advised due to the odds of destroying 1 or both ships
2) Search roll of 5+ will grant an additional +1 to tactics due to early warning. Given the +2, at least you won't lose anything (minimum roll possible: 3)
3) Good luck, but you shouldn't need it.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: November 18, 2011, 12:35:46 am »

Could Will get back onto the boat with just the life-boat thingy?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: November 18, 2011, 12:39:43 am »

As a PC with personal entourage, yes. Your regiment would stay with the caravan on land until you returned. A rolling pickup would need a roll. Stopping to pick you up only causes a 'search roll' to be performed. Or Retcyl can just cruise on by and club the ship down. Either way, your guys' call how you wanna play it.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: November 18, 2011, 12:43:17 am »

Ugh, what I meant was:
Could William get back onto the smuggler's boat using just the life-boat that he is currently in or is it too far gone?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:34 am »

If you had a crew that could row as fast as a full ship on sail, i'd have encouraged the personal melee with the captain. So that'd be a no. You're making this situation sound harder than it really is.

EDIT: I won't roll further until he chooses to pick you up or not...and a course of action is decided upon
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:30:14 am by CyberGenesis »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: November 18, 2011, 01:36:13 am »

For clarification: Retcyl is on the smuggler ship dealing with the captain. Either trying to get a ship or at least another regiment. William and Thomas are on the Prescient.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: November 18, 2011, 01:58:09 am »

Then I may need to retcon a few things since there was never any indication you were immediately hopping aboard

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: November 18, 2011, 02:03:07 am »

Eh, Retcyl is sitting in a position to solve this without a retcon. We'll just chalk this up to William being crazy

EDIT: Fixed

EDIT2:
Quote from: Wiki From Iituem
Given the difficulty of magic, whilst I will allow a mage to train in his particular form of magic I will also require him to do so separately for each stage of casting (i.e. training in Power or Control or Resolution).

Which means yes our resident mage can practice magic as a skill. Technically as a set of skills in Power, Control and Resolution.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:30:18 am by CyberGenesis »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: November 18, 2011, 06:42:27 am »

Well, I guess Rectyl and Will will have money problems soon enough. Only 2d income (Ships can only carry one regiment at base, remember.) and about 4-5d in expenses.

‼FUN‼ For those two...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: November 18, 2011, 07:49:20 am »

How much of nobility we have left in Ligoria? It feels as if the political elite of the country was purged and everyone suddely plots against the queen.
As much as Niko is a Loyalist and a honourable soldier, I feel as this may be a losing fight if I am to save the queen from a thousand and one plots that are waiting beyond the border.

E: I don't know what Avitus is up to, but I have an offer for him that kind a touches uopn the stuff he told me during the first meeting between him and Niko.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:01:57 am by Ardas »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: November 18, 2011, 09:07:16 am »

Yeah, Queen Laythe really needs to inspire some confidence in her rule. Those of us who stayed with her are getting demoralized. Even the spies! :3

Nikephoros is the question mark though-the only Loyalist left. She needs to keep him on board...

Tala is likely to do whatever she can to gain the Queens trust and additional power-even help defeat the Dragon Empire army. Sadly, Taric is not keen to trust me OOC, since he knows I will eventually betray him. Understandably, it colors all Laythes actions. :P

@Gantalodon: Hey, are we going to do business btw? Lets continue our RP, or just deal whatever. Cause both OOC and IC, I don't know exactly what you want from me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: November 18, 2011, 09:28:08 am »

EDIT2:
Quote from: Wiki From Iituem
Given the difficulty of magic, whilst I will allow a mage to train in his particular form of magic I will also require him to do so separately for each stage of casting (i.e. training in Power or Control or Resolution).

Which means yes our resident mage can practice magic as a skill. Technically as a set of skills in Power, Control and Resolution.
I think I'm currently training my control.

Thomas begins to practice his magic (specifically, control) in secret.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:31:19 am by Fanofgaming »
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: November 18, 2011, 10:09:34 am »

Well, If there is a way to make it into history books then I choose to be 'The Last Ligorian'. I don't care what it will take, but I will try to keep the country together and to keep Laythe on the throne for as long as possible.

I'm sucker for hopeless causes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: November 18, 2011, 10:45:52 am »

I'm currently neutral towards the Queen, actually. I may try to depose her if I feel like it later on (or I get hired by groups opposing Laythe while trying to get funds for my own army), but I suppose Tristan's primary concern would be gathering a force strong enough to storm Dalannor and take it over.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: November 18, 2011, 11:57:54 am »

I didn't read the last few pages, but Ardas I replied to your post, Avitus is in you office waiting for you to talk.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, and SC, could I also order one of those beautiful pictures? If you have the time and motivation of course ;)

Here's a physical description:
Physical appearance: Avitus is a tall man in his forties, his hair already gray though he tries to maintain a fit body. He wears a well-kept beard and a mustache at times.
And his usual attire, so you can figure out the colors:
his grandest outfit: a black and purple jacket made of silk and velvet, with silver button embossed with his coat of arms - a quill and a dagger crossing over a crowned eagle - with the assorted velvet trousers. Over it all was a dark gray wolf fur cloak with silver lining attached to his neck by a purple lace.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:13:57 pm by leone313 »
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 634