Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288260 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #6645 on: November 11, 2011, 05:05:33 pm »

So, for example, asking for directions from a guard wouldn't require a roll, while attempting to verify rumors from the same guard would require a die roll, right?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: November 11, 2011, 05:07:12 pm »

So, for example, asking for directions from a guard wouldn't require a roll, while attempting to verify rumors from the same guard would require a die roll, right?
Yup.

Anyway, anybody fancy a wager on if William manages to gain control of the boat?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: November 11, 2011, 05:08:06 pm »

2 Ducats on him failing.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: November 11, 2011, 05:09:43 pm »

I'd pay to see William and the boat go down in flames as he is slain by the captain after a magnificent sword fight on the burning deck.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: November 11, 2011, 05:12:32 pm »

Not betting but if you get it, remember to buy a new rudder. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: November 11, 2011, 05:14:57 pm »

Oh, I forgot about that too. Thanks SC :D

Also, unless you can provide a good IC reason as to why Tristan would go mercenary (With the dragon empire, of all things), I'm going to have to veto that...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: November 11, 2011, 05:20:00 pm »

He for a long time laungished under someone's heel, but now he is far enough away from retribution and has enough money to support himself, and so he wants to explore and live without someone giving him orders.

Oh, I forgot about that too. Thanks SC :D

Also, unless you can provide a good IC reason as to why Tristan would go mercenary (With the dragon empire, of all things), I'm going to have to veto that...

Your not a gm, Taricus. Your a king, there is a difference.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: November 11, 2011, 05:21:20 pm »

Being monarch does make me a Semi-GM though. Although in this case it's more from an RP perspective than anything else...

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: November 11, 2011, 05:24:30 pm »

On his profile thingy on the wiki, Tristan is said to be serious and concerned with upholding laws. He also is supposed to be intelligent and generous; none of these (aside from the serious part) seem to be represented in this particular course of events. Just my two cents, but still.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: November 11, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »

@Taric: both IC and OOC, you know absolutely nothing about Tristan. All you know is he has a letter and a roster from Dalannor and can speak that language fluently. For all you actually know he's a DE agent like Tala. Laythe and Tala are the only two people in Ligoria who have spoken to him and with Laythe it was more 'we're here bye' than an actual conversation. Finally, may I direct you to something Vimes said to Wonse near the end of Guards! Guards!

"There isn't any law now except 'you'll be burned alive if you don't watch out.' Where's the place there for me?"

Or to paraphrase, the only law in Ligoria is 'cross the Queen and you'll be executed.' The Crow is running wild, there's religious wars being fought in the street, nobles (William, anyway) are slaughtering nobles, and Laythe is doing nothing about any of it except locking the town down so only criminals can profit. You remember Tristan was walking around before he ran into William. He had plenty of time to hear about 'Psychobitch' and even more time to hear about it from other travelers on his way to Vale. No sensible person would remain in Ligoria when looked at that way.

@Araph: Glad you actually read that, but he has been serious and intelligent and so far he has upheld Dalannori laws. He has also generously given the deed to what's left of Vale to Ligoria. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: November 11, 2011, 05:36:09 pm »

I slaughter one castle, and suddenly i'm evil or a liability.
ATLEAST I DIDN'T KILL A VILLAGE FULL OF INNOCENTS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: November 11, 2011, 05:36:28 pm »

Queen does have a bit of an anger problem. I'm fine with the town pillaging. It's just about him going merc with the fellows that try taking the entire storm coast...

EDIT: HE has diplomatic immunity though...

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: November 11, 2011, 05:39:41 pm »

I don't actually know what state Ligoria is in, so I can't comment on it's judicial practices. I also have no idea what Dalannori laws are, so the same goes for those. But generous implies benevolent. I assumed he wouldn't ruin the lives of an entire town's worth of people for some money and revenge on other people.

I do, however, approve of the Discworld reference. If I could, I would have framed my comment with another reference, but my brain isn't working fast enough. Oh well.

EDIT:
I'm fine with the town pillaging.

Aren't you supposed to be these people's queen?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: November 11, 2011, 05:51:08 pm »

Laythe isn't really that good at her job and any intelligent person would see the best thing for everybody would be to remove her from the throne however possible. If Tristan is still loyal to Dalannor - and he might be somewhat - he could still help his country out by replacing 'Psychobitch' with someone who knows how to handle diplomacy. Also, for the second time, Tristan hasn't been in the RP long enough for me to develop his personality. Therefore he can act however I want him to until he's been around for a few seasons and has established reactions to most situations.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: November 11, 2011, 05:53:54 pm »

Why don't any of you put William on the throne?
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 634