Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288237 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #6585 on: November 11, 2011, 11:25:40 am »

Because. Actually I have a variety of reasons. One is that I can't trust you at all. You'll either try to retake Vale or sell claims to nobles who have a larger army than me; I cannot hold the city, and with the Dragon Empire coming this way it'll be in the line of fire even if you do neither of those things. Second, you've already collected this year's taxes and I would have to wait for a very long time to see anything come of owning it. Therefore Vale is completely worthless to me. Third is for the lulz; you keep trying to screw me over on this, so I'm destroying your city. Fair's fair, and there's nothing you can do about it since you've repeatedly ensured you and all your forces are gone. Fourth, I want to see William's face when he receives the message he's welcome in Vale any time, and then goes and finds it in ashes.

@Taricus: I'm perfectly safe from Laythe's wrath; she kills Tristan for following Dalannori law, then she causes an international incident. Dalannor will declare war with Ligoria and they can't afford fighting on a second front with the Dragon Empire sending an incursion their way, and if they split their attention the other nobles will pounce on them.

@ninjafili: He didn't know why you were exiled, only that you had angered the Queen somehow. Now he does know that William's a murderer and is likely plotting Laythe's death. Treason is a very serious matter and if he sees you again he will happily poison your wine.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: November 11, 2011, 11:28:29 am »

Cowardice that is.
Isn't Tristan man enough to actually approach Will and duel him, rather then posion his wine?

The look on William's face will be muderous.
 Then he'll go burn Tristan.

Everybody is plotting Laythe's death...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:30:21 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: November 11, 2011, 11:32:05 am »

Sure Billy will. Once he's through pissing his pants in fear of Ligoria. :P And why bother dueling you when I can kill you without a fuss? You should be happy the Dragon Empire is invading because otherwise I would've went with my original plan, which WAS waiting until William availed himself of Tristan's hospitality, then poisoning him and his entire regiment and burning the city down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: November 11, 2011, 11:32:46 am »

Hey, Tristan could've atleast done it the usual way AKA, get the queen to trust you, THEN go on rampage :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: November 11, 2011, 11:34:13 am »

Araph, a rollable action would be good to add to your post

I know, but I just had to get Ite in place before I decided what to do. Mostly my lack of action it was just for my benefit.

There's your cue Araph. :)

Much obliged!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: November 11, 2011, 11:39:10 am »

That still don't answer why you didn't kill his regiment and Thomas?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: November 11, 2011, 11:51:47 am »

Because Thomas left before I got there and I didn't decide to burn down the city until I thought over the whole situation and determined that Vale is way more trouble that I initially thought it would be, that's why. Here's the process that led to that:

1. Vale is no longer worth anything to you due to exile, so I bought it for the ducat I had = Fair trade.
2. Getting Thomas, who I need to run the town, to leave with you = Understandable, it's fanofgaming's decision.
3. You collect taxes early = Cheap, but I can tolerate it so things continue to go smoothly.
4. Telling me OOC you weren't going to try to sell it to other nobles, then talk about doing it IC = Deceitful and makes me ill-disposed towards you.
5. Looting the castle = Really? You're really doing that on top of everything else? ::)
6. Finding out the DE incursion is already at Vale's nearest neighbor so it's only a matter of time before they come to town = Get everything I can out of the place and burn it to the ground for the lulz.

I could've stood any one of 3, 4, or 5 with 6 but a combination of two any of those three with 6 makes Vale more trouble then it would be worth to hold it, and all three+6 means that I'll get more out of the city by burning it because at least I have the satisfaction of destroying that massive waste of time and money with my own hands.

@Taricus: Tristan is going to tell her that the DE burned Vale down, and Laythe will never know any differently. You already received a message that they're in the area so you have no reason not to believe him when he says that's the case.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: November 11, 2011, 11:55:58 am »

John told Karaf's that William wouldn't want someone to sell claims to someone else, becuase it would bring war to the Storm coast, and peace is easier to operate in.

And what could I say, I needed the money...

The Caravan train was there and left a week after you got there, John was still packing when he was talking to you...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: November 11, 2011, 12:00:00 pm »

Apparently not since your action to have him loot the castle before I got there (which happened after I got there) worked. Therefore he wasn't there. And there's nothing to say I didn't take a few days to inventory everything when I had the regiment look for anything worthwhile to take back to Ligoria.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: November 11, 2011, 12:02:18 pm »

Okay then.

Note to self: NO MORE TIME SHENIGANS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: November 11, 2011, 12:07:30 pm »

Actually, Vale has a level 3 fortification. It would hold out for a fair while under siege.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: November 11, 2011, 12:13:16 pm »

Way to dig yourself a grave. But seriously, butchering innocents? Burning the county for no reason? Nikephoros will flay you and stick you on a pole for that.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: November 11, 2011, 12:17:20 pm »

On an unrelated topic...
"I trust that you boys will keep an eye on Avitus's guest? He says he's an engineer, but what spy would confess to his nature in a crowded bar?"

Have the Bloody Fist keep an eye on Avitus. Sending word out to the underworld that he wants a spy- what does a scholar need a spy for?
Hey! I'm a spy now!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: November 11, 2011, 12:18:44 pm »

Way to dig yourself a grave. But seriously, butchering innocents? Burning the county for no reason? Nikephoros will flay you and stick you on a pole for that.
Nike can have his body after Will burns it in Decimated Vale on a pole.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: November 11, 2011, 12:20:45 pm »

Actually, Vale has a level 3 fortification. It would hold out for a fair while under siege.
Not any more!

Heh heh heh heh heh.

Hey! I'm a spy now!
No, but Hugo thinks you are. He isn't actually the best judge of character when it comes to spies and shit. See also: total trust of Tala Alanis because she threw a nice party.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 634