Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288223 times)

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #6540 on: November 10, 2011, 11:03:09 pm »

A random link? Clicking this could surely not result in any sort of negative consequences.

*4 hours later*

FUCK YOU

<3
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: November 10, 2011, 11:06:45 pm »

Doesn't really matter what I would intend to do with it, because me using any magic at all would have... probably a 30% chance of killing everyone on the boat.
A 6 would probably explode the candle, only a 1 would end in a cabin fire, 2s would be lost eyebrows

What is your actual powersource anyway? Willpower over physics only answers the control and intent aspects, your powersource however i'm assuming is standard variation of the Ley variety? If so, attempted use over water would have a difficulty of a power roll -2. Only a ROLLED 1 would really make you drop into convulsions though.

I honestly would wait until spring when the enemy is strained after the siege and winter and then march out. Waging war during winter is feasible, but not advisable.

He's laying siege to a farming village. It's not really war when he ounumbers them 2:1. Besides, they're stocked up for at least a season or 2 of provisions. The farmers outside town will simply avoid going IN to town. This late in the year it'll cause minor losses to taxes (maybe 10%)

I say go for it. I mean, how bad could it really turn out?

On that, i'm thinking of a way to practice it as any other skill to lessen the epic fail chances. Obviously at Rank 0 (like he is) a 1 accross the board on rolls means he spontaneously combusts - taking everyone in 100yds with him. I'm looking at it as a 3-skill system though. Ranks in control lessen your odds of blowing yourself up, but a 1 in a powertap is still a mind-melting seizure.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:55 pm »

And now for something totally different, how big exactly is a parcel of land? Does it vary between parcels?

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: November 10, 2011, 11:16:47 pm »

I supposed i should clarify a few things about combat as it currently is:

Yes a 10 v 5 battle of noobs vs professional army is weight heavily enough that the 10 have a good chance of winning. But heres the real math:

10x1str vs 5x3str (lets assume they're Heavy II) = +10 vs +15

Now say the battle rolls are 5v2, thats 15v17. Simply put, the 10 took 2 losses despite numbers but still caused 1 death. This is actually rather accurate. The advantage however lies in the Asymmetric warfare ruling: even rolls of 1v1 or even 6v6 still end in a +5 advantage for the 5 Professionals. They'd take no losses

This is why upgrades are important. This, combined with the Conserve Forces tactic, leads to the advantage being in the better trained army. Especially since 5 Heavy II Tacticians would also manage a +5 on a conserve roll...hell, toss in a Rout or Split the Enemy and turn that 10 unit stack into 2 5s.

And now for something totally different, how big exactly is a parcel of land? Does it vary between parcels?

A parcel of land is about equal to a unit of manpower. They're relative values for a fixed amount of 'use'. A parcel of 'HQ Lumber" bearing land is worth more (and smaller) than a parcel of farmland. Same as a unit of Militia is a larger regiment than a unit of macemen or archers
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:20:36 pm by CyberGenesis »

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: November 10, 2011, 11:23:37 pm »

@CG, Thomas does use the standard ley line power source when he needs to, but he also can manipulate existing sources of fire. Using a small candle flame should mean that, since the power source is so small, the chance of anything really bad happening is also quite small. Now, naturally, he couldn't just take a candle and explode a town with it. He'd have to use ley lines for that... if he could even manage it at his current power level, that is.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: November 10, 2011, 11:27:26 pm »

Okay, i'm probably not going to let you burn the boat down.
Thats my job, mate. Plus I need to get my Ducat back.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: November 10, 2011, 11:35:09 pm »

Filius, I'm so insulted that William hasn't even said hi to me yet. I just might explode the boat for that. But don't do it now, because I'll be playing Skyrim for the next 30 hours.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43:25 pm »

William has been incredibly busy lately. What with trying to hunt down the crow, attending pyschobitches party, and fleeing for his life and all.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: November 10, 2011, 11:45:07 pm »

Still. If we're on a boat together, you'd figure he'd want to meet the guy he had trusted his castle with.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: November 10, 2011, 11:53:41 pm »

We aren't on the same boat...currently your on shore and William is on the boat.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: November 10, 2011, 11:54:46 pm »

Well... we're still a stone toss away from each other.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: November 10, 2011, 11:57:51 pm »

Filius, I'm so insulted that William hasn't even said hi to me yet. I just might explode the boat for that. But don't do it now, because I'll be playing Skyrim for the next 30 hours.
Spoiler: My reaction (click to show/hide)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: November 10, 2011, 11:59:43 pm »

Yeah, just let William get done with his current business and he'll have a drink, meet with you and get to know you. You could always ask why John what the hell is taking William so long.
By the way how old is your characther?

I wish my peice of frak-monkey computer could play Skyrim.
Or I would sooo buy it.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: November 11, 2011, 12:04:09 am »

Mine can and i won't, because Oblivion disappointed me

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: November 11, 2011, 12:11:42 am »

Bay12 was inaccessible to me for the whole day  :'(. Don't know what the problem was, but I'm back. Sorry if someone needed my post...Going to read through now.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 634