Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288529 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4980 on: October 14, 2011, 09:26:38 pm »

Alright, new idea for trait.

Inspiring: If Kathos is fighting with his soldiers, they cannot fail a moral roll (a failure will have no effect at all and there is no overshoot possible - aka rolling a 6 is just like rolling a 5) and any enemy fighting his forces must do a moral roll. His troops will fight to the death if Kathos gives such an order.
If Kathos retreats (not "His regiment is no longer fighting", a full retreat out of the battlefield)/is injured and has to leave the fight/is killed, his forces cannot win a moral roll (a success will have no effect at all, an overshoot becomes a failure - aka rolling a 6 is just like rolling a two) and the enemy gets a +1 bonus to all his moral rolls. His troops will always surrender if they are about to be captured.
If he is not involved in the fighting, there will be no effect.

Description: Kathos is a natural leader of men and a gifted swordsman. His men are loyal to him and as long as he is with them, they will not leave him. His ennemies know his reputation and are generally hesitant to engage in a fight when he is present. However, if he was to die or abandon the fight, his men would probably loose all hope.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: October 14, 2011, 10:06:37 pm »

Okay actions edited
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: October 14, 2011, 11:16:22 pm »

Ok, i've been swamped at work all day so i couldnt stay current

2 things i'd like to ask now while i catch up

1) Can people stop shrinking text? it's actually rather annoying as a GM to have to copy and paste everything just to see wtf is going on
2) I'd prefer season changes not happen when i'm not around - especially since i have to put my orders in during the end of a season

Now...to go catch up

EDITS:

1) Yes units take 1 season to train, whether by you or a trainer  -prevents our little Battle for Miring issues
2) Nuke, if you've compiled a list of traits, please send it to me
3) Ghaz, Shoot and Kytu - rolling your actions in a minute
4) Mileth is not the northern most city - thats Fium-something that hailfire is at currently
5) Again, please dont repost actions...especially inside the first 24hrs - or i'll start ignoring them on principle
6) It doesnt cost 2d for 1 unit of raiders

@Tari: Hyte will never be present at a meeting unless you say he is. Allows you to be selective about what he knows.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:43:42 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: October 15, 2011, 07:37:51 am »

2) I'd prefer season changes not happen when i'm not around - especially since i have to put my orders in during the end of a season
No need to worry about this. Season changes won't happen until everyone has had a chance to do whatever they want to do.
2) Nuke, if you've compiled a list of traits, please send it to me
I have not, I am just letting folks make up their own. But I could make a list of traits and how they maybe work. I'll do that.
4) Mileth is not the northern most city - thats Fium-something that hailfire is at currently
Fiumefurt. Fiume is italianish for river. Furt is germanicish for fort. Clever, isn't it?
6) It doesnt cost 2d for 1 unit of raiders
1 for the unit, 1 for the upgrade. I was not aware that we had decided on training troops taking time, but HailFire will have to wait until autumn before attacking anyway, so it doesn't matter.

EDIT: I think Slaves shouldn't be contraband in Moun.
Religious Sacrifices, you know.
Also, I think it was agreed that the import/export of opiates was banned in Moun, but not their actual growth/use?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:15:40 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: October 15, 2011, 08:30:26 am »

sorry nuke but Furt is a River Crossing not a Fort. When we want to say Fort we either also use Fort or Kastell although that is rather seldom used...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: October 15, 2011, 08:40:55 am »

Pfff.

What do you know?

Heh heh heh. Yeah, I know it doesn't actually mean fort. But it sort of sounds like it. Besides, that just makes it better! River river crossing! Double the rivers! And do you know where Fiumefurt is? Between two rivers! Perfection!

But yeah. Sorry for misrepresenting germanicish. Tell you what, you can name the Lowlandish cities in a horrible misrepresentation of dutch.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: October 15, 2011, 08:59:42 am »

A quick question about gunpowder and all things blasty, fiery and boomy: how widespread are gunpowder weapons? The fact that queen has a regiment of archers at her disposal throws me off a bit.
I'm also trying to get a feel of Ligorian military tradition. Is it infantry based or cavalry based? Hussars would indicate that cavalry plays a large role, but you also got them archers and pikemen. Not to say that the entire military is completely composed of one type of unit, but things like that would allow me to know what am i dealing with and what type of warfare is possible to wage.
I was thinking about pikes+heavy cavalry, alexander style, but if gunpowder is available then I would love to organise artillery and tercio units.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: October 15, 2011, 09:16:46 am »

I reckon late-handcannons and simple cannons, with the possibility of clever people making aquabruisers (you know what I mean).

In other words, most nations have access to gunpowder weapons, know how to make them, but they are very expensive and not very practical- the cannons are only useful in siege, and the handcannons do more damage to morale than men.

It is worth pointing out that even when more sophisticated firearms became popular (arquebusiers), many nations still used bows because of their superior range, accuracy, cost, and even penetrating power. England pretty much stuck to longbows until they ran out of yew.

Whatever we do, Tercio is a long way off, probably. Firing by rank might be a brilliant innovation that some clever general could come up with if he gets his hands on some of those new-fangled firearms, spurring a revolution in warfare.

But I dunno.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: October 15, 2011, 10:14:21 am »

Wondering, did we ever get a street map of Talama or not?

I don't just want to start making things up...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: October 15, 2011, 05:40:51 pm »

Wow... didn't realize how much time being a GM of 10 or so people would be, I kind launched this game four days ago and it's used up all the time I'd normally spend playing games on here so yeah, I'll probably just drop this whilst I run that game as I've gone mostly inactive in this, I suppose you could have Kawakai as an NPC or just have her disappear but might rejoin sometime later  :)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: October 15, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »

Hmm.
No worries.
You will be placed in an indefinite coma, to awaken whenever you feel like it. Soap opera technology will keep you alive until then.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: October 15, 2011, 06:18:46 pm »

Hmm, I can provide Ashton a bit of plot resolution.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: October 16, 2011, 11:32:11 am »

Cyber, you got really friggen lucky with those trade rolls.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: October 16, 2011, 02:58:07 pm »

I was wondering is we should we start a new forum for this?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: October 16, 2011, 03:16:09 pm »

Nope.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 634