Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288553 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4920 on: October 12, 2011, 11:47:14 pm »

Greeks and Romans used them to keep their Oracles strung out and hallucinating

EDIT: I love how when i'm off work, no one is around - when im working however, everyone complains they aren't getting rolled
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:21:09 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: October 13, 2011, 03:51:37 am »

I'm here...I'm always here...Well for now anyway. And yeah, that sucks. Or very good for you since you have a day off to do what you want.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: October 13, 2011, 04:20:07 am »

Going to roll so NPC orders in a moment - reactions to current events. Then go list some info on provincal pages for various areas

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: October 13, 2011, 07:01:38 am »

EDIT: I love how when i'm off work, no one is around - when im working however, everyone complains they aren't getting rolled

Welcome to my world. This is the price you pay for playing with people who are scattered around the globe.

quite few things happened, and people are moving on with their plans, but I had some problems with coming up with the next move for myself. Since queen is holding off any wars for now and there are no orders, i'm in a cold storage in a way. I could draw invasion maps and plans, but I would need detailed info about the neighbouring countries and i'm at university for half of the time.
But i'm not quitting, don't worry about that.

Weekend is almost upon us, so I think I would be able to whip up some moves and I will have time to go over posts in detail.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: October 13, 2011, 09:21:36 am »

Just to clarify, Ghaz: The town directly north of Ligoria on the map is Shola (which you attacked), the one northeast of Shola and just off the westernmost tip of the Dragon Empire (Probably the one you're looking for) is Fiumefurt, the one directly north-west of Moun is Polca, and the one right between Shola and Polca is Mileth.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: October 13, 2011, 10:52:19 am »

then lets head to Fiumefurt XP

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: October 13, 2011, 01:37:04 pm »

Welcome to my world. This is the price you pay for playing with people who are scattered around the globe.

quite few things happened, and people are moving on with their plans, but I had some problems with coming up with the next move for myself. Since queen is holding off any wars for now and there are no orders, i'm in a cold storage in a way. I could draw invasion maps and plans, but I would need detailed info about the neighbouring countries and i'm at university for half of the time.
But i'm not quitting, don't worry about that.

Weekend is almost upon us, so I think I would be able to whip up some moves and I will have time to go over posts in detail.

What i meant by catch up is that there is a large about logistical and administrative work i've been slacking on. Since i was up from 10am to 3am PST i figured i'd catch most people anyway. *shrugs* just makes it a good day to catch up on the boring parts

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: October 13, 2011, 07:50:48 pm »

Well, considering this thread somehow died for a bit (Or atleast was off the first page.), I've a treat for you: Laythe in sprite format!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: October 13, 2011, 10:09:51 pm »

Put Fire Emblem down sir

EDIT: I really dont know what you're up to with this theif thing Dwarmin...a little insight for the GMs would be great. Otherwise this seems totally random

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: October 13, 2011, 10:12:39 pm »

I thought to add some randomness with it. Probably doesn't fit the story.

You know what, I'll just delete it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: October 13, 2011, 10:13:42 pm »

I don't see why you have to, it'll make a good plot point for one of the GMs to use.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »

I have nothing against it...i also have nothing to do for it. So i'm both lost and confused

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: October 14, 2011, 10:05:01 am »

Hello, I have been reading the You Are King adventure for a while now, and enjoying every bit of it. I was wondering if there was room for me would I want to apply to join the writing of this incredible story? If not, well, I'll still be glad to read it everyday like a serial.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: October 14, 2011, 10:44:34 am »

Always plenty of room for someone to join.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: October 14, 2011, 12:04:02 pm »

Great then! I guess I'll post a bio and everything:

Character's name: Avitus Traianus, (ex-)Grand Librarian of the Duchy of Vasir.
Race: Human male.

Physical appearance: Avitus is a tall man in his forties, his hair already gray though he tries to maintain a fit body. He wears a well-kept beard and a mustache at times.
Bio: He is a scholar, with a literary and scientific education. He is a proficient mathematician and physician (for a medieval scientist, that is), and is versed in the arts of politics and tactics. Born to a noble family of the Duchy of Vasir, he received his education from his father, first counselor of the Duke, before becoming himself an advisor for his heir. After a few years spent as treasurer and chief diplomat, he resigned to dedicate himself to teaching. After creating a Library in Vasir, he started mentoring young nobles from all over the Storm Coast, creating a cast of erudite servants of the duchy, whether it was as officers in the army, government officials or diplomats. However two years before his arrival in Ligoria, he was banished from the Duchy: after members of an obscurantist cult had looted and burned his library, he entered a bloody rage and sent one of his former students - a captain of the Vasir Guard - to massacre the cultists, their families and their sympathizers. As the bloodbath didn't seem to end the Duke took the decision to execute the officer and exile Avitus for he had started to purge Vasir of it's working class. And here he is, two years later, making his debut in Queen Laythe's court, with the goal to rebuild a center of knowledge in a young and thriving city-state.

Here it is. Tell me if anything I invented is against the rules or insults the lore.
By the way I'm French, so obviously English isn't my first language, pardon me for any grammatical nonsense. (more importantly this means my time zone is GMT+1, not really convenient for GMs, but I intend to play more "casually" than some of you, so it might not cause insurmountable issues.)
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 634