Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288571 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4875 on: October 11, 2011, 12:24:50 am »

I am going to murder them. After some "work" at Tala's estate.

EDIT: Actually it won't matter if they're a regiment or not.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:28:42 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: October 11, 2011, 01:56:49 am »

fuck why must i go through every post with a fine-toothed comb for hours
it's 2 am and my head hurts like shit
i better not have missed anything

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: October 11, 2011, 03:33:25 am »

Executive Veto: You can't Hire units, use them for something, then kill them to retrieve your funds

Assumptions: Mercs drink and screw their pay away as soon as they get it - saving money doesn't do any good to dead men.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: October 11, 2011, 03:34:46 am »

I can still just murder them, right?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: October 11, 2011, 04:52:28 am »

I can still just murder them, right?

oh of course, i wouldnt try to do it alone though sir...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: October 11, 2011, 04:57:16 am »

Wait...I'm the only player besides Ghaz with a ship, right? Oh yes...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: October 11, 2011, 05:03:12 am »

Player? Yes, technically i have one too, but yeah - i dont count

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: October 11, 2011, 05:07:27 am »

Forgot about you. Meh, your not in Ligoria so it won't matter too much.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: October 11, 2011, 10:00:02 am »

waiiit a moment Terenos:

Suulian Orthodoxy spread easily in the Weyland Highlands, spurred no doubt by Archbishop Thring's offer to legitimize the kingship. Thusly hemmed in on all sides by true Orthodox nations, Elbreth suffered for a time due to religious strife. Prior to it breaking out in actual war, the Archbishop offered Grand Master Black a deal: Black would lead the Cyclist forces in a crusade against the Talosist cities of the Storm Coast. By doing this it would show the Orthodox nations that this divergent faction was at the very least committed to the ideals of converting other nations, minor points of doctrine aside .

this can't be possible...Corv Manskinner never endorsed the Suulian Orthodoxy instead he promoted the natural beliefs of the people there (Mirish Paganism), i guess that his succesor...who found his book continued his beliefs...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: October 11, 2011, 10:04:51 am »

Not at all! The Archbishop made the same offer and your successor (As you did not survive that was...I forget) jumped on it. There may have also been a hefty bribe involved. In my mind Thring totally wanted to isolate Elbreth by hemming it in with other nations. I mean feel free to contest it, I was just throwing that up as example of the sort of epilogue i'd write.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: October 11, 2011, 11:19:01 am »

Hmm...should I post my Epilogue for Kain?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: October 11, 2011, 12:08:53 pm »

Terenos the only problem i have with that is simply that Corv mainly used/wanted to use the  Book he got as a heirloom from his father, which was definetly contra such religions as the Suulian Orthodoxy. And as his inheritor found the book and pretty much implemented what he found in there i just thought that he would also keep to the Jarls dissmissal of Suulian Orthodoxy

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: October 11, 2011, 12:38:35 pm »

My argument is that your successor would decide your book's views on religion doesn't really matter. Primarily because Archbishop Thring would offer a large bribe. Or failing that, threaten them with extermination because the Archbishop has that kind of clout and doesn't need to suffer enemies. Not that I even think your successor could read, and by the time he had someone read him the book its entirely plausible he had already accepted Thring's bribe, and one could make the argument he was a man of honor who would stick to his agreements (Based on prior events).

Its not as though the religion of the Weyland highlands necessarily matters much to its people in my view. They pay their tithes to keep crusades from happening against them. Which is bad for business. And also to get a cut of the profits when new non Orthodox/Cyclist lands are invaded. Or to just be involved in the fight to take slaves and loot first hand.

IF Weyland became a nation with Mirish Paganism as its religion, the Archbishop would have faced two growing military threats. I think he'd have pressured Brighthall into stomping someone. And Weyland was less unified/had less troops. Given the Archbishop's preparedness and he had a reason (your attack against Suul), something likely would have happened without a conversion in the Archbishop's favor.

But again, its an example of epilogue. Not my characters, Not my world. Ignore if you like. I was just writing.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: October 11, 2011, 02:04:35 pm »

hey no offense intended, i was just thinking that this doesn't make sense, Corv had defied Thring several times (even officially) think of the messengers and on the other hand he tried to strenghten bonds with Elbereth. Thring was for him an untrusty fellow, to begin with.  That's something even his successor knew, and on the other hand if the Weylands trade with Elbereth and Preston to the East and the Storm Coast to the North from where should the slaves come? Brighthall...they are occupied in the West anyway so...in case of an Retributal attack, Elbereth would have propably joined The Weylands out of the simple matter that if the weylands get crushed they are surrounded...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: October 11, 2011, 02:34:47 pm »

Well no. You attacked him because you thought he was bribing you (When in fact it was the machinations of Chicane von Trubaldsome). Thring then offered to legitimize your kingship even after catching you attempting to burn/sack his city.
You would think that sort of action would lead you to believe that the Archbishop is in fact not a bad guy.

And to this day we don't know how big/badass Brighthall was. Or its troop disposition. But I'm betting on large enough. Do keep in mind it was hinted there were something like 11 Orthodox provinces. Elbreth was 2 Cyclist 1 Mirish Paganism(Counting Miring itself, which I doubt we would have kept very long), and the Weylands would have counted for 2 provinces of Mirish Paganism.
Yeah, That seem like reasonable odds to you? Even if they were small provinces we could have been in bad shape. And we know at least that Brighthall was some kind of large size.

Remaining apart means no trade, and constant tension with many nations. With no real solid relationship with Elbreth (You informed them of an attempt to bribe you, which they'd know or at least suspect was in fact Chicane, and not Suul), not to mention the practice of taking slaves, there would be few if any friends for Weyland without attempting to build some kind of commonality with nearby nations. The swiftest and surest path would have been to take the Archbishop's offer.

Otherwise? Lets add it up.
Spurning the Archbishop? Enemies with Orthodoxy. And potentially only one nation to recognize your kingship (Elbreth)
Cyclism is by its nature militaristic as evidenced by Grand Master Black. And as your aim was not Cyclism, No commonality with Elbreth, a guarded border is about the best case scenario there.
As hinted by the Archbishop, Brighthall was watching you. Closely. And without the shielding of the Archbishop via legitimacy, you would be invaded and your unification destroyed.

My opinion was that your successor would do whatever it took to ensure that the country you created survived, going so far as to pay token lip service to the Archbishop, and likely side with Elbreth if any conflict arose. I chose to explain it as no conflict arising due to Elbreth's success in the field during the demanded 'crusade'. As a result, the 'official' religion of the Weylands became Orthodoxy in said epilogue chunk. They would have ranged farther afield to gather the slaves that kept their society going, comfortable in the knowledge that they had solid allies nearby with ties of religion, recognized legitimacy and reasonable relations.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 634