Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288576 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4860 on: October 10, 2011, 09:58:47 pm »

Then we'll make him a badass. He has Hatcur's support!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: October 10, 2011, 10:16:09 pm »

The contenders!
In this corner, With an impressive NPC themed backstory full of rather impressive events (His nickname story alone!) Currently unpiloted by anyone but the GM's!
SHARK!

*Crowd cheering*

And in this corner! The reigning Champion! the man who with force of will and probably a suave one-liner, dismantled an entire conspiracy for the crowns of both Miring and Preston that was EIGHT YEARS IN THE MAKING . With two reputed kills of the famed Trubaldsome lineage. The man whos exploits have been followed on the edge of your seats. Styled as the Black Shadow of Elbreth, and still whispered of in rumor TO THIS DAY!
Terenos d'Avistral!

*Yet more cheering, Posters, fanfare, dramatic cape flourish*
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: October 10, 2011, 10:20:07 pm »

So, any chance of you writing up the epilogues?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: October 10, 2011, 10:26:24 pm »

I imagine Trubaldsome started out doing his best to be a good, fair king, and for a while succeeded, but then the horrible veneral disease he caught before his trip to Elbreth, Bromwich Blight, began to affect his mind. He became paranoid and distrustful, having heavily-armed guards constantly patrolling every inch of the castle and city, and without Waery's calming influence the combination of the disease and his many addictions eventually drove him completely insane.
His reign became incredibly unpleasant, with the Mirish Inquisition coming into existence to interrogate people on charges of treason for the slightest evidence of disliking their mad, indulgent king.
The end of all this came when the King, naked and completely out of his mind, ran babbling along the Castle battlements in the middle of the night, babbling about the monsters chasing him, and fell screaming from the walls.

There's mine. 8) Blame Drua for failing to cure the disease.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: October 10, 2011, 10:28:26 pm »

Oh, I forgot to mention that i am not actually necroing the voting thread. That was a joke.
Terenos is still undisputed badass.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: October 10, 2011, 10:33:18 pm »

I just remembered I said I would write Drua's epilogue...Hmmm....

I'll write up something better later but it's going to be like this:

• Drua travels through Storm Coast, Swastamik, Korlan and the many islands around the region before returning to Elbreth.
  • She publishes her books and becomes a master herbalists or something.
  • She retires to keeping her business going and expanding upon it, occasionally receiving visitors wanting to learn from her.
  • As King Erik descended into madness, he accused Drua of treason and because of this she was taken to the palace for execution.
  • Luckily, a mob of angry townsmen, lead by a few nobles and Suulian advisors stormed the palace, giving Drua time to escape to her home.
  • She left for parts unknown, Hatcur, Korlan, who knows but Drua?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: October 10, 2011, 10:37:31 pm »

Hey Nuke, be careful about handing out free units. Merc or not, they're still supposed to be following general recruiting rules. Hunts for free regiments should be cap'd, referably to the 1/yr of Personal Guard. I'm willing to bend for 1/season if they're paying 50% more for the unit as a 'hiring fee' like the 1.5 we did earlier for Elf.
You are referring to the bandits? These would take the form of independent forces who would come under HailFire's command only for the duration of whatever thingy he has planned. And any pressed peasants would require arming, making them basically just free manpower. In fact, I think there's a mechanic for that.

Re: Shark shenanigans; whaaaat. Shark is just a bandit with an EXTREME backstory. The only reason he has it is because he is unimportant enough that it doesn't matter how silly it is. And no, he cannot become a badass through in game actions, because he is old, past his prime. Having more scar tissue than unblemished flesh may be impressive, but it is not actually conducive to combat ability.
Long Live United Forenia!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: October 10, 2011, 10:38:50 pm »

I've written up bits of them. Let me grab one from the 'already written' txt file.

"The Heretics Crusade.

Suulian Orthodoxy spread easily in the Weyland Highlands, spurred no doubt by Archbishop Thring's offer to legitimize the kingship. Thusly hemmed in on all sides by true Orthodox nations, Elbreth suffered for a time due to religious strife. Prior to it breaking out in actual war, the Archbishop offered Grand Master Black a deal: Black would lead the Cyclist forces in a crusade against the Talosist cities of the Storm Coast. By doing this it would show the Orthodox nations that this divergent faction was at the very least committed to the ideals of converting other nations, minor points of doctrine aside .

Archbishop Thring also knew that converting lands from Cyclism to Orthodoxy would be far easier, and additionally hoped the military might of Elberth and the Cyclist church would be vastly diminished, enabling their return to the true faith. He could not have been more wrong. Elbrethian military strategy reigned supreme and although they had not the strength to occupy every Storm Coast cities they invaded, they were able to sack them and convert several to Cyclism. The additional wealth and experience garnered by the generals and soldiers of Elbreth prompted Brighthall to mass soldiers on the border. It is told in fabled story how the forces of Brighthall were turned back from the palace of King Erik not by strength of arms but by Archbishop Thring himself.

Archbishop Thring left the confines of Suul on few noted occasions. When he stood before the walls of King Erik's castle and turned back the army with the force of his words and his faith alone, was one such occasion. He then met with Grand Master Black, on somewhat neutral territory in the subjugated province of Miring. There, the two religious leaders drew up an accord that split the known world between their respective faiths. This would be the beginning of Cyclism's true acceptance as a faith in the eyes of the religious leaders of the world.

Suulian and Cyclist Crusaders would spend much of the next 400 years endeavoring with some success to convert the world to their respective faiths. Orthodoxy and Cyclism were never truly united but there exists no great strife between them to this day."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: October 10, 2011, 10:39:16 pm »

Ah well...Still it was fun to imagine...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: October 10, 2011, 10:48:23 pm »

You are referring to the bandits? These would take the form of independent forces who would come under HailFire's command only for the duration of whatever thingy he has planned

That was the idea- they're like mercenaries that'll get paid out of the loot from the mission (assuming we don't all die horribly)

And no, he cannot become a badass through in game actions

Au contraire, only the RNG has the authority to say that- old people can still be badass.  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: October 10, 2011, 11:56:39 pm »

Done. Not the best, but it'll do. I put too many cameos of Locanil, but it felt appropriate. And sorry about using Terenos...Terenos.

While personally Drua failed in Groaning, she did not give up. She continued her journeys, wandering the cities and the countrysides of the Storm Coast. She questioned people from all walks of life to compile her tomes. In her journeys she saw Vasir, Ligoria, the Udanese High Kingdom, the Dragon Empire, and even the small town of Deraso. All in all, it took her 8 years, and yet her tomes were not completed.

She caught ship to Korlan. As always, the nation was at war. Warring with several city-states, fighting off raiders, and the common skirmish with Swastamik. She ignored it all, already tired of politics, and went on with her research. Swastamik was a place of long, grassy steppes and a harsh sun. The plants were remarkably different from those in Storm Coasts; they had different stalks, hardier, and were generally more spread-out. For 10 years she travelled through Korlan, Triem, Dres, and Swastamik always looking for new plants to uncover, but eventually, home called for her. Sailing north, she went back to her manor and retired to watching her business. In the time she had been gone, her steward had been productive. She now controlled nearly a quarter of all wool supply in Elbreth, no easy feat.

In those days she would look through her records, reminisce of her husband, and scorn the king and the Black Shadow. Sometimes she would receive visitors; herbalists, courtiers, bankers, debtors, scholars, messengers and the occasional wandering priests. She even met with Locanil several times, which were the first meetings the two had since Groaning. Those days were spent debating and discussing about plants and sometimes politics. Others from her past would visit now and then, even her husband's killer made a few stops at her manor.

Later on, as king Erik grew madder from the death of his sister and others, she was brought to the capital for execution. Her crimes? Treason, marrying a traitor and plotting with the scholar-priest and the Black Shadow to have the king removed. Without trial she was sent to the prisons for execution. However, as luck would have it, the city was attacked by a band of rebels, and in that time, Drua escaped. She traveled to her manor, took everything she could, and set sail.

Where? Only Drua knows. Some say Hatcur to study the plants there, others to the Summerset Isles, and yet others say she sailed with the scholar-priest on a new expedition to the east, to a land called "Haman". Of course, such things have never been confirmed...
---------------
Unrelated to epilogue.

Is my turn rollable or do I have to suggest something else? Or am I waiting for Dwarmin's "surprise".
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:13:19 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: October 11, 2011, 12:01:20 am »

..Yes that makes sense. d'Avistral would totally have tried to keep things civil with Drua. It was a terrible tragedy and he regretted it. He also would have stopped there after the fire that destroyed his border fortress. It would have been a natural stopping point/place to pick up certain herbs before vanishing from known history, to live on only as the Black Shadow!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: October 11, 2011, 12:05:56 am »

Is my turn rollable or do I have to suggest something else? Or am I waiting for Dwarmin's "surprise".
CG did the 'estate problems' before, I was sort of leaving that for him to do. Also, yeah, I'm not sure what Dwarmin wants to do with you.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: October 11, 2011, 12:13:57 am »

One more question!

Do the bandits I've "hired" count as a regiment?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: October 11, 2011, 12:21:52 am »

One more question!

Do the bandits I've "hired" count as a regiment?
Well I assumed you were going to murder them. If you actually want to use them you would have to pay for them. I'm not sure how much.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 634