Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288580 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4800 on: October 10, 2011, 01:49:37 pm »

He's a guard, not an assassin or mage...

EDIT: I'd just like to point out that Laythe only killed her own family...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:53:11 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: October 10, 2011, 01:52:56 pm »

Then how does he know William's last name?

Oh...goddamn herald...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:54:31 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: October 10, 2011, 01:55:42 pm »

Just to the guy who wants to be a mage, be bloody careful. If your not careful you can release an army of demons unto the world just by one tiny mistake, which actually happened. If you go the demonic route, that is....Spirits are much...less likely to cause long-reaching effects...And they can still cause a lot of things to happen...Read on the battle of Preston.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: October 10, 2011, 01:56:16 pm »

Ok, well i think i'll try a magician, so i will begin writing.
(hopefully i wont die from opening my door...)
Didnt we vote against magic this round? Due to annoyance of balancing the rules? I dont feel like trolling the voting thread to find out

Quote from: voting thread
Vote4: Magic Level
None at all:4
As is:5
Present but more restricted:4
Less restricted:1
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: October 10, 2011, 01:58:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name: Ivör Steffiän
Race: human

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is it okay now?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:31:45 pm by sayaks »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: October 10, 2011, 02:01:35 pm »

Could you clarify the power stone and the magic staff? I'm guessing you have to top up the power stone my gathering "mana" through a spell or killing or whatever and then channel that energy through the magic staff? It might work better if you do away with those two artifacts and just say your guy is magical, all by himself. Also most players seem to start with 2 ducats worth of assets which you might want to include.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: October 10, 2011, 02:03:13 pm »

Or you could just be a Ztah Elementist/Spirit priest. All they need for magic is piety.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: October 10, 2011, 02:03:29 pm »

I was thinking that the power stone was used as a mana storage and the staff was something used to channel mana, but i guess i could just do away with the staff and make the power stone a locator stone. used to locate mana sources.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: October 10, 2011, 02:05:39 pm »

EDIT: I'd just like to point out that Laythe only killed her own family...
Yeah, and none of her family's servants or guards got in the way. If she really was so constrained that there would be no non-noble people who died, I'll change it, but seems to me, that sort of thing has collateral damage, which results in commoners with grudges. Besides, the woman goes around beating people (half) to death for chauvinism, one could assume she is always on a killing spree.

Ivör Steffiän

Is this an okay character?
Well... maybe. Note that there is a very good chance (based on the current magic rules) that the staff will explode first time you use it, so I hope you haven't attached any sentimental value to it.
I guess we can let you in with this guy (CG, your opinion?). Just be sure to be very careful with your actions, both from an IC and OOC perspective- if you try to break the game, you will explode. For no reason.

Also most players seem to start with 2 ducats worth of assets which you might want to include.
Magical know-how is worth anywhere between 20-200 ducats, I think you'll find.

I was thinking that the power stone was used as a mana storage and the staff was something used to channel mana, but i guess i could just do away with the staff and make the power stone a locator stone. used to locate mana sources.
Eh, the staff is fine. It works as a power source from a mechanical perspective.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: October 10, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »

Not to nitpick, but I don't like the mana concept its too cliched...like a lot, how bout we have a dust that is basically high amounts of easily manipliated stored energy, that when it comes into contact with another form of this energy that magic is unleashed.
Like the highly addictive, highly voilatile dust that Micelus came up with for that game I was supposed to be wor-...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:11:52 pm by filiusenox »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: October 10, 2011, 02:09:08 pm »

Also most players seem to start with 2 ducats worth of assets which you might want to include.
Magical know-how is worth anywhere between 20-200 ducats, I think you'll find.
Ah, but I think you'll find a PC's life is worth more and as being a magician massively devalues that it would in theory cancel out? Or not...
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: October 10, 2011, 02:10:41 pm »

so i'm accepted? or is there anything i need to change?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: October 10, 2011, 02:17:36 pm »

Not to nitpick, but I don't like the mana concept its too cliched...like a lot, how bout we have a dust that is basically high amounts of easily manipliated stored energy, that when it comes into contact with another form of this energy that magic is unleashed.
Like the highly addictive, highly voilatile dust that Micelus came up with for that game I was supposed to be wor-...

YOU DIDN'T FINISH IT!!!! >:(

Ah well...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: October 10, 2011, 02:19:09 pm »

I got sidetracked. Sorry. I'll start work on it again soon.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: October 10, 2011, 02:19:42 pm »

so i'm accepted? or is there anything i need to change?
Well, CG is in charge of matters of balance, so it is ultimately up to him. I think we should wait for him to come round and give you his stamp of approval. But I think that, so long as you don't try anything too crazy, you should be allowed.

I am not a fan of 'explained' magic. Its great when done well, but at other times... its terrible. I mean, the whole point of magic is that its magic. It doesn't need explaining. If you try to do so, you just get conflicting systems. In universe there might be brilliant explanations for why and how it works, but don't actually say what the are, just keep them vague. Best way of doing things.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 634