Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288715 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4635 on: October 08, 2011, 08:35:27 am »

By the way, CG, I had a thing planned for the Archbishop and what he wanted soldiers for (crazy subplots involving his well-intentioned but basically evil murdering of anyone opposed to the way Moun works), but whatever.

HailFire, that looks fine. Although I would recommend having two units of raiders as your starting forces; high mortality rates in combat make a single unit essentially useless. And raiders get to... raid more easily, which is basically large-scale banditry.
Long Live United Forenia!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: October 08, 2011, 08:46:04 am »

Done and done; guess we'll be pillaging villages more than robbing caravans.  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: October 08, 2011, 12:53:27 pm »

By the way, CG, I had a thing planned for the Archbishop and what he wanted soldiers for (crazy subplots involving his well-intentioned but basically evil murdering of anyone opposed to the way Moun works), but whatever.

HailFire, that looks fine. Although I would recommend having two units of raiders as your starting forces; high mortality rates in combat make a single unit essentially useless. And raiders get to... raid more easily, which is basically large-scale banditry.

No PM, how can i know?

We should probably get in the habit of PM'ing each other in cases like that.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: October 08, 2011, 12:57:54 pm »

Yeah, that could work. It doesn't matter that much in this case, it was just an idea. But I'll keep you posted on any future things I come up with.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: October 08, 2011, 03:55:21 pm »

I have a storyline that may be cool, If i type it up all nice and pretty and spend some more time on it, could I pm it to you guys? And would you actually consider it?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: October 08, 2011, 05:07:09 pm »

Sure, i'm always willing to look over content
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: October 08, 2011, 05:10:22 pm »

The storyline you wrote up bothers me a bit Ashton. If you want to continue on with Galam rolls a few points to keep on hand:

1) Eshir would never leave the capital. He's done his time in the field and is happy to sit in the citadel in safety - less likely to get wasted and send an unknown person into another kingdom to start a fight. HOWEVER, possible and very likely a subordinate of his that doesn't like him would do so to create an issue for Galam
2) Galam is a military state of basically mercenaries. They professionally guard caravans, hunt bandits and defend those that pay for their services
3a) It is physically impossible for someone to go straight north from Galam to Udan - Why? Because I'm hiding things in the mountains, in a valley, up that river
3b) To get there, one would need to cross through several regiments of galam troops - who let no one through to the valley

Ok, so shall I go back and change all instances of Eshir to Zach then? I can be going along the lines that he saw potential in Corvus and rather than have him be promoted sent him to certain death with enough mercenary forces to propagate a war in which he could gain fame, glory and wealth for himself? Also I'm confused by your point in 3b, I'm assuming you meant they were Udanese.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: October 08, 2011, 05:12:24 pm »

should i read through the whole You are King II thread before i apply?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: October 08, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »

Yep.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: October 08, 2011, 05:15:12 pm »

Hey, I'm sure someone could give you a rundown of what's happened?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: October 08, 2011, 05:18:23 pm »

well you could sure, but who? wouldn't that be a lot of story? i read the first 6 pages or so today, and it seems that "only" 27 pages is a lot of story. so if anyone is willing you could if not i'll just keep on reading.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: October 08, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »

I'll try to summarize. Watch this post.

A Summary of Events

Year 415a

(Take note that history may not be in chronological order)

Spring of year 415a

• Start of the year. Queen Laythe of Ligoria has been in power for a year after murdering her family.
  • The hatcuri expedition arrives in Ligoria. Retcyl Jementeten and Kawakai are in the expedition.
  • Several nobles, mercenaries, and cultists begin arriving in Ligoria for reasons unknown.
  • The nobles William Vadud, Kathos Thunderblade, and (not really a noble) Tala Alanis are given estates.
  • Retcyl Jementeten is given an inn to be used as an embassy. It is destroyed by the architect Hugo van Vissendorp.
  • Koran Marrow sells his services to merchants.
  • Nikephoros gets hired by the Queen.
  • The food cultist attract many converts and buy out a warehouse.
  • The nature cultist are unsuccessful and soon enough, they leave the city.
  • Shinala makes himself known.
  • Corvus McRia is banished from Ligoria.
  • Everyone meets at an inn. Seriously. The inn is called the Robber's Flask.
  • Corvus McRia heads southward to Galam and sells his services to them.
Summer of year 415a

• Retcyl Jementeten and Kawakai leave the capitial for a tour of the country.
  • The Hatcuri Embassy is built.
  • Corvus McRia is made in charge of a campaign after a most humerous incident.
  • A messenger from Shola named Hyte arrives.
  • Retcyl Jementeten discovers that the peasants of Thunderblade's estate have low morale, are experiencing crop plague, and have minor banditry problems. Thunderblade is obviously pissed.
  • A party is hosted at the palace by Tala Alanis.
  • Nikephoros Vandire is made general of Ligoria.
  • William goes crazy and kills everyone at the party.
A Summary of Characters.

Queen Laythe- Bloodthirsty yet pragmatic queen of Ligoria. Wears armour constantly and is sadistic. Killed her whole family to get the throne. Refer to Tarcus' avatar for her appearance.

Retcyl Jementeten- Hatcuri administrator turned ambassador. Commands the hatcuri expedition to the Storm Coast. Everything is going just as planned. Has subordinates.

Kawakai- Hatcuri mechanic. Part of the expedition to the Storm Coast. Part owner of the Hatcuri Embassy.

William Vadud- Long-lived prince of Lonemine. Came to the Storm Coast and serves the Queen. Uncaring of his smallfolk, pragmatic, and not at all prudish. All his soldiers are handsome or better.

I'll continue the rest later.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:52:58 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: October 08, 2011, 05:26:31 pm »

Ok, Thanks this will save me alot off time. I will Watch your post but i might have to go to bed first so don't excpect a response before about 10-11 hours.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: October 08, 2011, 05:27:40 pm »

-The Queen gave two parcels too, Sir William, a long-lived meany guy, Kathos Thunderblade, a knight kinda guy and Tala Alanis, a spy planted by the dragon empire. She also made Nikephorus, a mercenary captain her military general

-Another mercenary captain from the Weylands managed to annoy the queen and headed to Galam where he's gathering resistance against the queen

-A Hacturi expedition arrived and created an embassy which will act as a spy network. Rectyl leads it with Kawakai (me) owning part of it and being the biggest investor, also Hugo designed and built it along with contributing funds. Rectyl is currently scheming what seems to be a master plan.

-Tala Alanis, the planted spy has organized an exhibition of Hugo's work to display, currently people are milling around there getting spy stuff done and making contacts.

They're the four biggest things I think.

Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: October 08, 2011, 05:29:05 pm »

so now i get two people summarising? or?
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 634